Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Yeah, it was definitely the Flash ability. Flash = hex code 0x7E = Crystal Helm. This actually happened before with 7-Flush/Genji Helm, and as a result, I banned enemies from using all of the skills in that range, including "Flash". But looks like you found the loophole, and the ability can still show up in Control lists, which is pretty bad because that means it can also be used by confused enemies and enemies in the coliseum. So that should probably be fixed ASAP.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
So, i'm going through the Phoenix Cave.
There's this really stupid enemy spawn.

It's called a EerynnRab.
It says it has 47 speed, but if you fight a group of them, they spam their attacks and even stop seems to not work on them at all, even though it says it does, and they don't move. Apparently, when they're stopped they have 255 speed. Smile Or it wears off in 2 turns.

Seriously, it double spams wind slash and bolt edge, and does stupid damage with them.
Not only that, if you use the throw command, it automatically counters with BS throw weapons, like Boneclub For 9999 damage.
Explain how the random generator did that? Smile

They wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the fact sometimes you run into a group of 5 of them, and they spam their attack faster than you can even stop them.

I'm getting really frustrated by the sheer spamming everything is now doing. AGHHH.

Seriously though, they have the most broken speed bug ever. THere's no way they have only 47 speed with their constant spamming, and how fast stop wears off.
They're immune to berserk, blind, confuse, imp, mute, poison, sleep.
I really shouldn't have to run all the way to the ancient castle to get odin to instant kill them ,you know. Smile

Also, every single treasure chest I've opened so far in the Phoenix cave has had a monster.
Including Atmaweapon. :O
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Cast Shoat? Use Cleave if you have it. Thunder Shields should effectively wall both their bolt and wind attacks. Do they have Auto-Haste? That would accelerate the rate at which their Stop wears off. Also, I believe AI can be randomized to use 2 attacks in a turn maybe? I run into enemies that use 2-3 attacks or counter with 2-3 attacks. When I recently ran into spammers like that, I also had a lot of imp gear that reduced the damage from things from about 600 to 80, so if you can get that stuff, that should also work. If you have rage, a niche rage might help out. If they don't have haste, slow should help out(Slow 2 really, if there's 5 of them).
That's all I can think of. Good luck!

Edit: Hey, I got that old seed back from the dead by using the video I took. Pro tip of the day: Videos are like extra save files.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
255 speed on stop? i think there's the chance that he has the counter that reacts even when Quick is active(the monster counters even when he cannot act)

There's no doubt Abyss made a marvelous work even with randomizing AI.
If i'm not wrong Phoenix Cave in BC has a high rank for monsters, you might expect this and that... and when a monster is too much strong... well, you're in WoR: you should grind, search new equips, spells or anything else that might aid you to win that battle, there's no way that you'll be able 100% of the times to defeat all mosters at the first try, without becoming stronger.

All MiaB in a row?? Now i'm envious! Objection!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Based on the description I'd guess that the enemy inherited Covert's AI. So I don't think it's chaining multiple attacks, it's just very fast. Maybe it has auto-haste?

The chests in Phoenix Cave are mostly MiaBs by design... I needed more places to put unused monster formations, so I filled the empty chests in the cave with them. Smile

Status
None
I managed to get through the Phoenix Cave

A little bit irritated, but I did manage it.

They didn't have any auto-haste at all.
So, I'm not sure what's up with that.
All I know is that stop wore off super fast on them.

I'm not lucky enough to have a thunder shield at the moment, but I'll be able to handle them more by the end of the game.
Since they show up in the final dungeon potentially.

The big grind coming up is a place to get the cursed shield uncursed. Smile

I understand this is supposed to be harder, but that was a random difficulty spike.
Most of the other enemies so far in the game have been manageable, beside the instant death spamming jerks. Smile

They were harder then the skull dragon.
Ultima helps a whole lot, at least.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
I generally tackle the Phoenix Cave last(excluding sidequests where party members are not acquired). But not a single Thunder Shield? Normally you can pull some kind of Colosseum voodoo for those.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:I understand this is supposed to be harder, but that was a random difficulty spike.
That's the best aspect of randomization Wink

Are you sure it's not Outsider's AI?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
If it was Outsider, it would only attack by throwing. So, that's something to look forward to. Smile

Status
None
I'll go try for the Thunder Shield soon.
Also, I do it ASAP because why would you pass up on Ragnarock epser? Smile

I probably thought it would have been easier to run 255 battles somewhere for paladin shields. Tongue

So, intersting oddity to note. I've been palying a Ancient Cave run, and the game seems to have gotten drunk, because this monster, named Wetty, here is it's stats according to the text file generated using the same seed.
Wetty (Level 49)
/-----------------------------------\
| HP: 4793 | ATK: 20 | SPD: 44 |
| MP: 15739 | DEF: 158 | HIT: 182 |
| XP: 1749 | MPOW: 10 | EVD: 0 |
| GP: 810 | MDEF: 210 | MBLK: 0 |
\-----------------------------------/
WEAK: pearl
IMMUNE: poison
SPECIAL "Perish": attack x2
SKILLS: Aero, Cyclonic
LORE: Aero
STEAL: Warp Stone
DROPS: Iron Armor, Mithril Pike
MORPH (12%): DiamondArmor, Imp Halberd, Magical Brsh, Stout Spear

The only thing in battle this monster does is spam every instant death attack there is, and flare.
Something seems a bit off. I'm just saying, killing your entire party when it shouldn't even have those attacks seems a bit off. Also, it absorbs fire.

Also, Safety Bits give you constant sleep, so they're basically useless without some sleep immunity.

Also, R-Chaos got drunk and tried to BabaBreath my party member. It's never done that before. Bad R-Chaos! Bad.

Okay, this is weird, a lot of enemies skills are different then they should be. I used the same seed, but maybe I didn't.
  Find