Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI - Children of Vector

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Does the creator of this project have a website where we can chip in to help out either monetarily or with coding skillz?

Also....I am excited about this.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I do not have my own website, and I don't plan to take donations unless I end up with a team helping me work on it. That being said, there are only a handful of things I don't think I'd want to do myself. But I'm happy to hear your skillset to see if it lines up with anything I might need.

I've had this on the backburner for a couple months but will be getting back to work in another few weeks. But I chat a bit with the writer (my brother) over Christmas and we're both looking forward to getting moving again.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (12-24-2017)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
awesome news

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 3
Status
None
So is this project dead? I hope not. I was really looking forward to it.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I don't think it's officially dead, more like a state of very deep coma... and it's not looking good. Sad

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Well B-Run retired from ROM hacking. Draw your own conclusions.
  Find

Status
None
@B-Run
I got excited about this, then read the previous posts. <frown>

Know that you still have a fanbase eager for Children of Vector!

Proposed Preliminary Plot
NOTE: This is intended as a plot skeleton that's consistent with or plausibly consistent with FFVI's canon while acting as a parallel plot to FFVI. (I’m taking suggestions beyond what’s been posted!) Certain plot details are based on the official trailer released many years ago.

NOTE: I use the term "VW" to refer to Vicks and Wedge (or VICKS and WEDGE) if you like those names capped. “VW” refers to these two characters as well as the party in general.

NOTE: “MTA” means MagiTek Armor.

NOTE: I assume chests in shared maps between VW and the main party (like Figaro Cave) are OK for VW to loot. If FFIV’s The After Years can reuse maps and chest locations between games, this hack can too.

-VW are warped to the Ancient Cave near the Ancient Castle as we see in the trailer. (At least one of those MagiTek Armors should act as healing stations with Heal Force.) Once Vicks and Wedge change their clothes, their codenames of Vicks and Wedge are changeable, but remain as Vicks and Wedge respectively as the default. The rest of the trailer event's happen. (I assume VW are blocked in the cave due to a cave-in.)

-VW head south from Narshe and can meet Edgar, sleep in Figaro Castle, and otherwise trade. The Empire and Figaro are still formal allies. I assumed this was an optional event since Figaro Cave was unblocked, but recommended for people wanting to restock and upgrade.

-VW head through Figaro Cave and arrive in South Figaro to find their rendezvous party waiting at the dock. A ship from the southern continent has arrived with a contingent of Imperial soldiers, including General Celes. No MTA is on this ship due to wanting to avoid suspicion, but the South Figaro traitor in the mansion will want to walk with Celes who encourages VW to come along briefly and chat. Certain plans are made, the Imperial soldiers discreetly leave South Figaro via ship for the southern continent.
During this time, Celes explains her MagiTek infusions and talks with Lorial about her situation. Maybe Celes sees the horror of what happened to Lorial (an old friend or relative) which was more reason to turn traitor.
Also during this time, VW can find Shadow at the bar, but he keeps quiet or doesn’t say much, as usual.

(The cabin en route to Mt. Koltz is blocked, as is the Mt. Koltz entrance from the Figaro side.)

-VW head via ship to Albrook which is the closest port to Vector from South Figaro. (Tzen, Albrook, and Miranda are already Imperial occupied.) They meet with their commanding officer (a new character possibly dressed in white or red soldier garb) and explain the situation.

Concerns and Considerations
-What are VW and co doing in the World of Ruin? It's Team Celes who takes down Kefka. Were VW researching ways to handle Kefka or espers? What sort of alternative endgame is appropriate for them?

-Lorial has demonstrated something like the Float spell and the Warp spell. Would she act as the stand-in for an airship?

Proposed Party Members
-NOTE: How many characters maximum are we assuming? The engine normally supports 14. Beyond Vicks, Wedge, Lorial, and Vargas as seen in the videos, what characters are appropriate?

-NOTE: Assume that most of the original cast wouldn’t be in the VW party due to logistics.

-Banon? When the empire declares a brief peace with the Returners (who are Jedi by another name), Banon and VW could plausibly join forces to do something.

-Celes: Could join VW post MagiTek Research Facility and before she joins the main team in Albrook.

-Cid (Runic, Magic): A logical, magical fit outside of the MagiTek Facility. He’d want to learn more of the espers, gather more espers, and perform more experiments. Shiva, Ifrit, and others had to arrive in that facility somehow!

-Duncan (Blitz)? He faked his death, but why? Did he want Imperial money? Espers? Something else? Of course, he’d be a World of Balance-only character and Blitz master.

-Leo (Shock): No big surprise here.

-Kefka (Magic, Summon?): He somehow learned of what happened in Narshe. Carrier pigeons exist, but maybe he’d want to travel briefly with the folk who found Terra and Tritoch.

-Setzer: He can join briefly due to his affiliations with the Empire.

-Shadow: He could play double agent between VW and the main party.

-Umaro? Perhaps he guides VW through Narshe’s caves, or provides some other aid to VW.

-Other soldiers. The trailer already introduced us to new characters in the Ancient Castle, and since this is a new take on a classic game, adding characters seems fitting.

-Other Children of Vector. There were many experiments, but who else qualifies?
  Find

Status
None
@madsiur
What happened to the work B-Run did on this hack?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-09-2020, 05:45 PM)Endarire Wrote: What happened to the work B-Run did on this hack?

He never made the demo public. I do have a CoV ROM from 2016, B-Run sent it to me to test a special CoV build of FF6LE Rogue that handle expansions that would later become FF6LE Rogue CE. I don't know if he would be ok with me sharing it though.
  Find

Status
None
@madsuir
What is the best way to contact B-Run to obtain his permission to publicly share what progress he made so far?
  Find