Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI - Children of Vector

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
This is pretty awesome! Good luck, I really look forward to playing it.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
WOWWWW look at all the custom/new events!! Best blessings on your progress!!

Threads: 0
Status
None
My god... this is fantastic. I had to sign up just to comment on this alone!

I had lofty ambitions of doing a fan game about a similar story (following Vicks and Wedge) but never thought I'd get anywhere with it. Especially since I have no experience with ASM hacking and the like. But this... holy cow, this is amazing! I can't wait for this to come out!

If you're still open to ideas, I have one I'd like to offer... Magitek is the result of infusing magic drained out of a living esper, right? Well what if the encounter with Tritoch awakened the soul of an esper that was infused into one of the Magitek armors from the beaning of the game?

It could start out with Vicks/Wedge salvaging or repairing one of their M-teks and taking it along with them. Little by little, the M-tek begins to "act up" until it finally asserts is own control and boots the pilot out. This new character is still very robotic, but will follow orders, (since Vicks/Wedge would be the authority figures to it). But as time goes on, its personality re-emerges. Eventually, it fully recalls its past life and must now come to terms with what is has become: a soul unnaturally bound to a mechanical body.

As a walking tank, it would have equipment restrictions, like no helmets and probably only special armor plating allowed. It can't equip magicite, but it may be able to naturally learn/remember spells. Or perhaps it would get magic in the form of expanded magitek commands/programs. It would have a regular FIGHT command, 'cause those arms already have huge claws, why not use 'em?

Anyway, I just wanted to share that and complement you on the work you've done so far. Keep it up!
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(02-22-2014, 12:49 PM)Fenix Wrote: My god... this is fantastic. I had to sign up just to comment on this alone!

I had lofty ambitions of doing a fan game about a similar story (following Vicks and Wedge) but never thought I'd get anywhere with it. Especially since I have no experience with ASM hacking and the like. But this... holy cow, this is amazing! I can't wait for this to come out!

Why thank you! TBH, I had tinkered with FF3usME and a couple other programs over the course of several years before I discovered this site and ASM. I only started about 18 months ago to learn and it doesn't take as much time as it looks to learn and start doing. It's more about motivation and finding time to work on it.

(02-22-2014, 12:49 PM)Fenix Wrote: If you're still open to ideas, I have one I'd like to offer... Magitek is the result of infusing magic drained out of a living esper, right? Well what if the encounter with Tritoch awakened the soul of an esper that was infused into one of the Magitek armors from the beaning of the game?

It could start out with Vicks/Wedge salvaging or repairing one of their M-teks and taking it along with them. Little by little, the M-tek begins to "act up" until it finally asserts is own control and boots the pilot out. This new character is still very robotic, but will follow orders, (since Vicks/Wedge would be the authority figures to it). But as time goes on, its personality re-emerges. Eventually, it fully recalls its past life and must now come to terms with what is has become: a soul unnaturally bound to a mechanical body.

As a walking tank, it would have equipment restrictions, like no helmets and probably only special armor plating allowed. It can't equip magicite, but it may be able to naturally learn/remember spells. Or perhaps it would get magic in the form of expanded magitek commands/programs. It would have a regular FIGHT command, 'cause those arms already have huge claws, why not use 'em?

Anyway, I just wanted to share that and complement you on the work you've done so far. Keep it up!

That's a really interesting idea. Of all the facets of magitek that my brother and I have speculated about, this was not one of them. I'm sure we won't take it quite that same direction, but its definitely something to ponder over. Plus I wouldn't want to take away from your great game that you could one day produce.

Thanks for the feedback.
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Oh my god this looks amazing. Please never stop working on this until you are done.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Since it's a "what if..." kind of story, you could put unanswered questions, like the identity of Gogo;
If emperor gesthal has survived or not;
The same for setzer's friend(was daryl the name, or something?)...
The relationship between Ultros and Siegfried.
Here's another idea: Shadow/Clyde hadn't finished his friend, actually he ran off, letting him caught by the empire... what did they do with him? could that explain the cooperation between Shadow and the empire in the Thamasa storyline path? maybe a fake promise of the release of his friend? when he done the job, then they rid-off him without respect the deal with shadow... sounds good for some idea?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
(05-28-2014, 11:40 PM)tenkarider Wrote: Since it's a "what if..." kind of story, you could put unanswered questions, like the identity of Gogo;
If emperor gesthal has survived or not;
The same for setzer's friend(was daryl the name, or something?)...
The relationship between Ultros and Siegfried.
Here's another idea: Shadow/Clyde hadn't finished his friend, actually he ran off, letting him caught by the empire... what did they do with him? could that explain the cooperation between Shadow and the empire in the Thamasa storyline path? maybe a fake promise of the release of his friend? when he done the job, then they rid-off him without respect the deal with shadow... sounds good for some idea?

A good number of those are already planned (with good backing evidence), the rest could easily find their way in.

Thanks for the support!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • Tenkarider (05-29-2014)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
again, I'm very interested in this project and am curious about the current progress (I have a pretty good idea on how busy you must be, and everyone knows that real life always takes priority so that's why I don't bug you about it or even ask) but I truly feel honored that I contributed in a small way, I support what you do so I'm always here to help you out with any graphics just like I support Nattak and his project, so I hope its all going well just overall

but back to my other point, your ideas are great, the potential for your story and characters alone is absolutely outstanding, and from what you did so far with them in the preview, there can be a lot of other unique things awaiting us (fingers crossed lolz) :p

I'd like to spitball and share a few of my ideas with you on a few projects and potential projects of mine sometime Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Obliviscence
(05-29-2014, 08:39 PM)d-_-b Wrote: again, I'm very interested in this project and am curious about the current progress (I have a pretty good idea on how busy you must be, and everyone knows that real life always takes priority so that's why I don't bug you about it or even ask) but I truly feel honored that I contributed in a small way, I support what you do so I'm always here to help you out with any graphics just like I support Nattak and his project, so I hope its all going well just overall

but back to my other point, your ideas are great, the potential for your story and characters alone is absolutely outstanding, and from what you did so far with them in the preview, there can be a lot of other unique things awaiting us (fingers crossed lolz) :p

I'd like to spitball and share a few of my ideas with you on a few projects and potential projects of mine sometime Smile

Yes... that dreaded "real-life" that is constantly getting in the way of things! ;[

Actually, for personal reasons I am currently on hiatus from hacking until next year. However, William Kage is continuing to work on some custom music, so there will be a kick@$$ original soundtrack; and some other components that are being handled by other people are still being worked on, however not much has been actually put into the hack since the demo's release.

There is no plan to cancel the game... I've been planning it for something like 15 years, another 1-2 won't make a huge difference in my mind.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Since i don't have much time, i usually only see the projects... but this time it may be different: the story sounds great, i've always wanted to see some kind of spin-off for unanswered questions... if you use your chance properly, i'll even be ready to play your hack, but since i'm an hardcore player, i must ask you to do a difficult game... after all it makes sense: you're not terra, celes, sabin, etc... i mean, they're hero, unmatchable fighters compared to normal humans.
Vicks/biggs and wedge are common humans, they belong to the empire, so they're trained soldiers, maybe they're elite soldiers, but surely cannot stand the level of the three generals(celes, leo and kefka).
It's normal that they would have hard times to survive in a world like that. what's your opinion?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find