Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Test-dummy Enemy

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello all!

I am looking to capture spell graphics from ff6 in a similar method as the one described in this post but would like to hack a monster to be effectively/literally invincible, but unable to attack, or barring the ability to disable attacking alltogether do it to a weak enemy. This way I can capture multiple animations in one go without having to re-find the test enemy.

I have read and agree to abide by the Forum Rules to the best of my ability. Please inform me if I have made a mistake and violated them.
  Find

Threads: 9
Status
None
Well i cant help you there, sorry Hmm

The past is the past, but we can change our fate of Future.
[Image: amcvab.png]
Final Fantasy III: Recrution

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-02-2013, 10:47 PM)ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote:
I am looking to capture spell graphics from ff6 in a similar method as the one described in this post but would like to hack a monster to be effectively/literally invincible, but unable to attack, or barring the ability to disable attacking alltogether do it to a weak enemy. This way I can capture multiple animations in one go without having to re-find the test enemy.

You can give your enemy 65535 HP and make him absorb all elements. That can be done with FF3usME. That should give you multiple turns to capture the animation. Also, a blank enemy script should make him not attack.
  Find

Status
None
(02-03-2013, 10:51 AM)Ⓐ Mᴀᴅsɪᴜʀ Ⓐ Wrote:
(02-02-2013, 10:47 PM)ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote:

You can give your enemy 65535 HP and make him absorb all elements. That can be done with FF3usME. That should give you multiple turns to capture the animation. Also, a blank enemy script should make him not attack.

That should do the trick, thank you! Is it also possible to change encounter rates in order to force this enemy to be the only possible encounter in a given area?

I have read and agree to abide by the Forum Rules to the best of my ability. Please inform me if I have made a mistake and violated them.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-03-2013, 02:15 PM)ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote: That should do the trick, thank you! Is it also possible to change encounter rates in order to force this enemy to be the only possible encounter in a given area?

Yes. You can edit the formation then the pack and finally the zoning in the formation editor, also in FF3usME.

Find

Status
None
Heap big thankies! Looks like I got my work cut out for me, lol. I really wish they would have released the captured graphics in an rtp, would make my job hella easier.

Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
There's also a battle script command that makes the enemy invincible. I believe one of Guardian's incarnations uses it.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
(02-03-2013, 04:00 PM)Synchysi Wrote: There's also a battle script command that makes the enemy invincible. I believe one of Guardian's incarnations uses it.

Your avatar is mildly scary, lol. like the lucas duck of death

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-03-2013, 04:00 PM)Synchysi Wrote: There's also a battle script command that makes the enemy invincible. I believe one of Guardian's incarnations uses it.

Yeah. I totally forgot about that:

Code:
FB 01 36        Target self becomes invincible
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(02-02-2013, 10:47 PM)ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote: Hello all!

Btw, if youre interrested in using any of my work, feel free to do so. I can pm it in a single .rar if you want. I would also be interested using your work. It would be silly to both do the same work and not share Tongue.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find