Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Palette & Mold glitches with Monster Formations

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(04-21-2014, 11:21 PM)MrMenzies Wrote: Wow, you're doing an excellent Job figuring this stuff out, Keep up the good Work! Objection!
Thanks!

So the Phantom Train test went well, although there was a little more work than I anticipated. First, as mentioned, I shifted Whisper's palette to be 16 colors and to share the palette of StillGoing. In doing so, I tweaked the StillGoing palette just a bit so that all of Whisper's exact colors would be used. This resulted in a perfect match for Whisper and alterations for StillGoing that were hardly noticeable.

When I did re-upload the Whisper sprite, it caused Dark Side to have a jumbled palette because it was sharing the exact same palette as Whisper beforehand. No worries there, just move it back to its original palette (and now Whisper and Dark Side have separate palettes, so I can make the two of them look different later! I never liked how the game does this sometimes--I already made Allo Ver look entirely different from Osteosaur to satisfy my OCD in that regard).

So that took care of four monsters in that formation. For the fifth, I decided to have Hazer also share the StillGoing palette, figuring it would be the easiest and most sensible. I changed the palette, downloaded the Hazer sprite, and then swapped certain colors to make him look pretty. When I reuploaded the sprite, however, if caused all of Hazer's palette swaps (Wizard, Warlock, L.20 Magic, did I get them all?) to get glitched, due to the pixel swaps. No worries in the end, though--I just manually swapped the colors of the palette in FF3SE for those monsters, and I was good to go.

The end result is below. I do like how Hazer looks more like a zombie now since this is the Phantom Train we're talking about, even though the game doesn't set him as undead (Maybe I should set the undead flag!)

[Image: screen_phantom-train-fixed_zps78c739b7.png]

EDIT: One more important thing to mention is that initially I thought I would need to put one of Whisper, Hazer, or StillGoing in slot #1, lest the Over-Mind palette still overwrites monsters #4 and #5. However, this proved not to be the case (and this is a very good thing if/when I run into mold conflicts). So it appears that the palette of Monster #1 will only overwrite if there are more than three palettes loaded, and not necessarily if there are four or more unique monsters in the formation.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palette & Mold glitches with Monster Formations - by Stray Aspik - 04-22-2014, 11:03 AM