Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Graphical glitches on overworld map while walking

Status
None
Oh look, another thread from the new guy...

Anyway, when walking around the world map (only the world map) I get weird graphical glitches. It's only for a single frame but it's every step and really distracting:

[Image: GWXQ4.png]

[Image: uZ4cq.png]

[Image: qP6Pl.png]

Any ideas what causes this/how to fix it?

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
You must have changed a byte somewhere, what were you playing with?

Status
None
The only things I've done so far is:

-expanded rom to 32MB with FF3usME
-changes to overworld map
-some sprite modification (none to palettes)
-applied vanish/doom, evade, and rippler fix patches
-changed a few items in shops
-disabled the veldt trait on all tiles that had it

I haven't messed around with script/hex editing at all yet because I know that I don't know what I'm doing there, haha

Edit: looks like deleting exits on the world map is what's causing it.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Did you by any chance saved your work in usME twice in a row? If you did, there's a bug that corrupts your rom.

Status
None
I assume you mean saving when no changes were made twice? I haven't run into that bug yet, but it's good to know about it.

It's definitely related to removing exits from the map, though. I took a fresh copy and moved all the exits I didn't need/want into a corner, no problems.

Now I'm just having problems since it doesn't seem to like the first digit in exit numbers and changes it back to 0 every time (so Coliseum [19D] gets changed to WoB Mobliz [09D])

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Yes that's a bug as well with the LE. You cannot place an exit to any map after map #100. You can do this however with the other level editor by Sleepydude.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Gi Natak Wrote:Yes that's a bug as well with the LE. You cannot place an exit to any map after map #100. You can do this however with the other level editor by Sleepydude.

That's an alternative but for some obscure reason I can't run that editor on my PC...I wonder if anyone else has that problem ?

(02-01-2012, 12:15 AM)ranatalus Wrote: Now I'm just having problems since it doesn't seem to like the first digit in exit numbers and changes it back to 0 every time (so Coliseum [19D] gets changed to WoB Mobliz [09D])

You can change the exits by hex editing too. If you're unable to change them with the other editor, I could show you how to change them manually...
  Find

Status
None
(02-03-2012, 11:22 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(02-01-2012, 12:15 AM)ranatalus Wrote: Now I'm just having problems since it doesn't seem to like the first digit in exit numbers and changes it back to 0 every time (so Coliseum [19D] gets changed to WoB Mobliz [09D])

You can change the exits by hex editing too. If you're unable to change them with the other editor, I could show you how to change them manually...

I'm familiar with hex editing (I've done things with other games before) I'm just trying to learn what I can and can't accomplish without doing it, since it is a bit of a pain.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-08-2012, 10:07 PM)ranatalus Wrote: I'm familiar with hex editing (I've done things with other games before) I'm just trying to learn what I can and can't accomplish without doing it, since it is a bit of a pain.

I can't run sleepydude's editor that's why sometimes I have to change an exit manually (like I did it for my WOB Colosseum). It's a bit of a pain because you have to calculate where exactly is your exit in the ROM, even if you know where the exit data is.

I also use editors for a lot of changes, such as monster stats, graphics and AI but sometime the only tool available is an hex editor, especially when it comes to event editing/creation or assembly hacking.

Find