Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
So, how did you get rid of these Magitek Armor glitches?

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
So the other day I was finally getting back to continue with my personal hack, and came across this problem. And I do believe it's a common problem, but I couldn't (easily) find an answer of why this happens. Basically it looks like this:

[Image: 9SLwJVf.png]

Not sure if it's a problem with the moulds you have to use, or where the enemies are placed, or how many, or what in all hell could make this happen.

Sooo, any help? I have an idea of a spritesheet, so I'll be able to contribute back. :>

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
its the palettes of the monsters, they are way too contradictory to the one another

if not it could be the mold

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
The problem is that you have too many monsters onscreen where your characters are riding the magitek armor. It's a VRAM issue. Lower your amount of monster or use smaller sprites.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Ooh, it's because of the amount of monsters? Ok, good to know. I'll keep a lower amount when the Magitek Armors show up again. Thanks for the help!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Well that explains it, too many monsters. Use one big guy and two small guys that should help with pixel issues.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I've run into a very very similer issue and it was actually the moulds. I changed the enemies around and the moulds until it stopped Laugh

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-14-2014, 05:37 PM)Royaken Wrote: I've run into a very very similer issue and it was actually the moulds. I changed the enemies around and the moulds until it stopped Laugh

Maybe you had a mould issue but here we're not talking about the same thing. The magitek armors use a lot of dedicated VRAM which cause this to happens when there's too many monsters onscreen.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(04-14-2014, 06:22 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Maybe you had a mould issue but here we're not talking about the same thing. The magitek armors use a lot of dedicated VRAM which cause this to happens when there's too many monsters onscreen.

No I get that Hello. Was just saying I've a similer instance o 0o. Magitek armor and all. Showed in all odd colored and even moved around when I moved Laugh. But yeah, as you said, mine was mould, this is VRAM. Was just commenting Smile

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Actually i met the same problem while creating my task #2... it could just be a separate case, but i noticed that the glitch happened to me any time that the monster slot #2 or #3(one of the two, i don't remember which one...) was occupied from a monster of that formation... As soon as that monster died, the glitched sprites disappeared. (if i killed someone else before, the glitch was still there...) Huh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Reason for Magitek Armor glitches
Post #66.

Hate to necro post but came across this and it didn't have a complete answer.

Not saying that link leads to a complete answer, just more information and an attempt to explain how to get around it.

On that note, I did have a theory awhile back if it were possible to load the Magitek armor into VRAM based on the mold, it may be possible to reduce the glitch even farther without making large noticable changes to the vanilla game. As in instead of always loading them on a 32x128 strip down the right side, to have them loaded as a 64x64 square. Course doing this full time would just fix a few and break a dozen others so it would have to be loaded different for different formation.

Just for the sake of having a slightly more complete answer.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find