Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI Worlds Collide

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
What Is It?
Worlds Collide is an open worlds randomizer mod. You begin your adventure in the airship and can travel freely between the world of balance and the world of ruin.
Search the worlds for characters and espers until you are ready to challenge Kefka.

Inspired by Free Enterprise for FFIV, Worlds Collide was created with the intention of giving FFVI fans the option of playing a non-linear version of the game ideal for streaming, races, speedruns, and challenges.

The majority of the game's dialog and cutscenes have been shortened or removed. Nearly all events and areas are available from the beginning and can be accessed in any order. The original 14 characters and 27 espers along with a collection of "good" items are randomly distributed across events and bosses. Flags and seeds can be shared to generate identical copies of a randomized game. There are currently dozens of options available and the potential for many more in the future.

How Can I Play?
Version 0.1 is available at ff6wc.com

Select the options you would like and upload an unheadered and uncompressed Final Fantasy III US version 1.0 ROM. After clicking generate a modified ROM should be provided to download along with a log file which has information such as the game's seed, flags, and the locations of characters and espers.

The current release is a beta version. I believe the game has grown to a point where others may begin to enjoy it. However, please keep in mind that there is more work to be done including bug fixes, game balancing, and additional features. I would really appreciate any feedback, opinions, and bug reports others can provide.

Thank you.

[Image: wob_airship_options.png] [Image: shadow_veldt.png]
[Image: ghost_train.png] [Image: opera.png]
  Find
[-] The following 11 users say Thank You to AtmaTek for this post:
  • ArcadianKnight (02-29-2020), beep (01-11-2020), Fire Storm (01-12-2020), Fulkiller (07-09-2020), Gi Nattak (01-11-2020), Imperatus (01-11-2020), juef (01-13-2020), madsiur (01-11-2020), NPCnextdoor (01-12-2020), SSJ Rick (02-10-2020), Warrax (01-11-2020)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Oh snap! Surprised

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Nice stuff!
  Find

Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
That's super cool! thanks for doing this.

Find

Threads: 7
Status
None
Looks very promising! Good job! Smile

I just tried it. So far so good, but I found a bug. The game freeze when you talk to the pigeon on Cid's beach.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to NPCnextdoor for this post:
  • AtmaTek (01-11-2020)

Status
None
(01-11-2020, 08:21 PM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: Looks very promising! Good job! Smile

I just tried it. So far so good, but I found a bug. The game freeze when you talk to the pigeon on Cid's beach.

Thank you! This bug has been fixed.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to AtmaTek for this post:
  • Imperatus (01-11-2020), juef (01-13-2020)

Status
None
Thank you! I also got stuck when I went to speak to Strago in Thamasa in the WOB. My party was composed of Edgar and Gogo and it was after having visited the burning house, if that changes something.

Apart from that, in shops, it can happen that two of the same type of items appear. Also, randomized prices put almost every item with a price tag in the tens of thousands. Would it be possible to have a less-random price randomizer? Tongue Even with a x10 GP modifier, I can only afford a couple of items at a time, so I don't bother shopping.

Question, how to a remove the Guardian at Vector after doing the Magitek Factory? Is the banquet still available?
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to NPCnextdoor for this post:
  • AtmaTek (01-11-2020)

Threads: 0
Status
None
Wow, this is fantastic! It's also EXACTLY what I had wanted to make! Thank you so much for this. Are characters and espers randomized amongst each other as to what can be where? For example, if I go to Zozo and get an esper in one seed, could I recruit a character in a different seed? I'd love to see a list of what can be where, maybe help develop a tracker for this.
  Find

Status
None
(01-11-2020, 10:28 PM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: Thank you! I also got stuck when I went to speak to Strago in Thamasa in the WOB. My party was composed of Edgar and Gogo and it was after having visited the burning house, if that changes something.
Thank you again. I will start working on that. It seems that Strago npc appears after the burning house event and should not be there.

(01-11-2020, 10:28 PM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: Apart from that, in shops, it can happen that two of the same type of items appear.
When the "Random" option is selected for shop inventory every item sold is picked at random. Duplicates as well as very good items are all possible. Alternatively, the shuffle option will take the current contents of each store and shuffle them with all the other stores. For example, all armor stores will be shuffled, all weapon stores, etc... This may also cause a store to list the same item twice but will also prevent generally overpowered things from appearing. The final option, "Original", means inventories are not changed from the original game.

(01-11-2020, 10:28 PM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: Also, randomized prices put almost every item with a price tag in the tens of thousands. Would it be possible to have a less-random price randomizer? Tongue Even with a x10 GP modifier, I can only afford a couple of items at a time, so I don't bother shopping.
Yes, the Buy/Sell price is an option under Shops as well. The largest possible value for an item to be sold for is 65,535, so when random prices are chosen the average prices is 32,767. As a hint, the key to this option is that sell prices in FF6 are always half the buy price so to afford things with this option players will likely need to sell items or increase the gp multiplier option. An improvement may be a second "Random" option which selects random percentages within some range to increase/decrease buy/sell prices.

As an aside, I somewhat quickly selected a few preset options which I thought may help players get started. If people have opinions about what "Normal", "Easy", or "Hard" options should be I would be interested in hearing their opinions. I have had others express dislike of the random prices by default so I may end up changing that setting for the Normal preset.

(01-11-2020, 10:28 PM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: Question, how to a remove the Guardian at Vector after doing the Magitek Factory? Is the banquet still available?
Currently, there is no way to remove the guardian. The Magitek Factory is the only event in Vector. In general, the events available are places you might normally recruit a character or fight a boss. I would have to give some thought to how to best implement the banquet. Perhaps skip the dinner scene and challenge the player to talk to the soldiers? However, if they did not speak to enough I would probably need to add a way to let them retry the event.

The txt log file that comes with the modified ROM lists all the event locations and their rewards. If anyone would prefer to not have to search for events while avoiding spoilers for their current game, they can also generate a second copy with a different seed to look at the event locations without spoiling the rewards of their current game.

(01-11-2020, 10:59 PM)Imperatus Wrote: Wow, this is fantastic! It's also EXACTLY what I had wanted to make! Thank you so much for this. Are characters and espers randomized amongst each other as to what can be where? For example, if I go to Zozo and get an esper in one seed, could I recruit a character in a different seed?

Yes, most events randomly choose between a character, an esper or a "good" item. So in one seed zozo may have an esper while in another it may be a character. There are some exceptions. For example, the Veldt will only ever have a random character appear after battle asking for a dried meat (and only when you have fewer than 4 party members).

(01-11-2020, 10:59 PM)Imperatus Wrote: I'd love to see a list of what can be where, maybe help develop a tracker for this.

That would be great. For now, you can look at the log file (which will contain spoilers for a seed) to get an idea of where the events are although it does not list what reward types are possible at each event. For that I would be happy to send you a list or maybe create a spoilers page on ff6wc.com.
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to AtmaTek for this post:
  • beep (01-12-2020), Imperatus (01-12-2020), juef (01-13-2020), NPCnextdoor (01-12-2020)

Status
None
Thank you for your swift reply.

Here are some other bugs, sorry!
  • In Mobliz, in the injured soldier house, the event that shows Duane being worried and the dog going in the basement is active, even though it shouldn't.
  • Also, it doesn't seem that you can open the hidden chest normally containing the Relic Ring between the three doors in Owzer's house. And the 3x NightShade battle seems to have been removed.
  • In Cyan's dream, the moving chest that needs the Lump of Metal to stop is unresponsive. The chest behind it is therefore unreachable.
  • Albrook's Pub in the WOR is still full of Imperial soldiers and waitresses.
  • Umaro appeared under a rock after Kefka's defeat.

And as for the shops, I agree that randomized should be well... randomized. I will be waiting for your second option, then. Wink

I just finished my first seed. I like it! Well done, sir! Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find