Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Up and coming FFVI portrait re-vamp

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
nice man Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I'm loving all the new sprites.

My only criticism is that while the new Celes' face and hair are awesome, the back of her head is too small and it makes her hair look wet and limp.

Locke's chin/nose also bothers me a little. His chin sticks out too far for where his forehead is and it looks like his nose is either too small or too far back depending on whether I'm comparing it to his forehead or his chin... I dig the new hair and clothes and neck/collarbone you did for him though.

All of the other new portraits look great (not all perfect, but they don't have anything that stands out as 'wrong'). You have a great talent for spriting and I'm glad to see how much you've improved in such a short time.

Status
None
yoo Tonic where have u been bro?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hmm good eye Djinn. I was going for the flattened hair on Celes after actually seeing a Joni Mitchell album cover lol. Never realised she painted her own covers til then. But I will go over Locke's portrait profile again and rework some of the pixels.
Patch came out good { (FFVI Portraited)any ideas for a better title?} It has the usage of FFIV battle music, Functional Umaro, and Mog never stumbles patches. The only odd thing is some letters appear after "Phoenix Down" in the items lists and Banon's colors were Truncated. otherwise all the portraits look great. I will try to fix the colors and see what happens with Banon and touch up Locke before I release it. I'm going to make Ultros double sized too and more powerful if it fits.
Also a lot of enemies have more HP but then weapons have a little more attack power
  Find

Status
None
sounds good man

but word of advice, I suggest making 1 patch just 4 the portraits to be released, as for your other changes, u can implement them but the thing with most hackers when it comes to monsters they more then likely might want to do their own thing u know what I mean

u can implement ur changes of course its ur hack/patch @ the end of the day lolz :p

-HNIC

Status
None
OK Poco Loco I love the idea of a base patch just for the community. I'll release both together soon. Where should I present them? I gave all necessary credit etc. and made a text file and ppf. plus bonus!

Good looking out ^^

cleaned up Locke too btw Djinn
  Find

Status
None
not a problem man

u just put it in the patches area Wink

-HNIC

Status
None
Ok will do.
I have one thing I'd like to do before releasing; add a new title screen.. How can I do that? can someone link me in the right direction? Hate to ask, but I can't find the way.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I think zeemis did a video on how to do a new screen title...

Link is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29q6SY9XA...ideo_title

Status
None
Thank you Angelo26! That was a great help. Thanks to Zeemis for making that so damn easy.[Image: imgshk.png]

Now to post the patches.
  Find