Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Up and coming FFVI portrait re-vamp

Status
None
(02-20-2011, 02:50 AM)Lijj Wrote: hmm, I wonder if the limit is 15+trans or16+trans.. been a awhile since i've messed w/ ff6se. What's odd is a couple of the ones you listed are less than 15 unless there was an accident..
I'll figure it out; thanks for checking them out in-game

I checked again and there was a mistake I think with Cyan. It seems there was some color in his "hair" that was supposed to be transparent. Getting rid of it allowed him to be imported.

I didn't see anything else like that on the rest and it still says the image has more than 16 colors when trying to import.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
The transparency is included with the colors so it may be 16 colors but truly you can only have 15.
Unless you are doing a sprite sheet in which you have 4 less than even that.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
These are all BMPs ready to go(12-15 colors each) and tested for application in ff6se:
[Image: Setzer.bmp]
[Image: Celes.bmp]
[Image: Cyan.bmp]
[Image: Locke.bmp]
[Image: Soldier.bmp]
[Image: Strago.bmp]
[Image: Relm.bmp]
[Image: Shadow.bmp]
[Image: Sabin.bmp]
[Image: mog.bmp]
by lijj
________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Edgar.bmp]
[Image: Terra.bmp]
by smash

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I say tweak Setzer a bit as well Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
While your current Sabin is pretty good, I have a request. I personally love the idea of Sabin and Edgar's portraits being mirror images of eachother like the two-headed coin seen in the ending. Would it be possible for you to make a Sabin portrait based on Edgar's portrait, only facing the other way (or even the same direction if you feel there are too many Left-facing portraits already). The twin aspect just makes it seem like a good artistic choice.

Also... Gau~

Status
None
hmm maybe I'll make Setzer leaner.
That's a really good idea about how to redo Sabin Sad I've already done that one twice but what the hell; it wouldn't be that hard based on Edgar.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
well as far as I can see, the main problems with setzer is the roundness of the face, the overly high collar of his and that his hair...well do you think you could give it much more shading and have it more silverish or grayish than white? If you changed those things about Setzer it would be absolutely perfect.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
These are all pretty great, and they are all better than the video games, I say they are better by far. Sure some improvements can be made but it beats the stuffing out of any of the originals, just fix the shoulders and the chin on some of the two and they shouldn't be too bad.
  Find

Status
None
Alright gang.. I took some of your suggestions and fixed Setzer, + re-did Sabin. I also added General Leo and Gau to the collection:[Image: imgshk.png]
I might need to make Gau smaller I realize but it looks ok in 40x40.
next on the list
Strago and perhaps Banon or Ultros
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Sabin's spikey hair looks amazing! The ponytail looks a little too big though. Also, the back of his head is a bit small. But apart from that, it looks really good.

Setzer... his hair looks a bit off still. The wispy lines in front of his clothes are too stark. They look like you just drew a line of pixels in front of his face. They need a little shading of some sort to smooth out the pixelation.

Gau looks great. I love the angle you chose for him. His hair is praiseworthy too! Very smooth lines. I am a bit annoyed with the edge of his face and the darkness of shading under his chin. Try making the angle of the shading below his ear along the jawline a little more straight instead of so rounded. And lighten the shading under his chin, or as least move it down a bit. His chin and neck just kind of blend together due to how dark the shading is.

I really like Leo's clothes. His face looks a little weird to me... but I can't tell if that's because it's drawn wrong or if I just have different sensibilities there. He looks unattractive, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should change it. He's not supposed to be a pretty man, after all.