Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Up and coming FFVI portrait re-vamp

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
[Image: imgshk.png]
I couldn't have asked for a better crit on Sabin. You hit the nail on the head on what needed to be done.
I messed around with Setzer and noticed some slop on my part.. hopefully it's at least cleaned up now.
General Leo is just weird looking; I'm really happy with the way he looks here. Not attractive but older and like a general.
Shrank Gau and did a bit of touching up... he looked so retarded in the original cartridge; this is reminding me of 'The Lawnmower Man' kind of.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Holy crap, Sabin looks great! And the touchups on Gau work really well! Setzer's hair looks good, now, but there's still something a little weird about his face, but the whole portrait has come a long way since its first iteration. I'm sorry I can't be more help there.

I can't get over how awesome Sabin looks now. *^_____^*

Status
None
[Image: imgshk.png]Re-done Strago
  Find

Status
None
The new Strago looks great, but it also looks like it's far bigger than the rest of the cast.

Status
None
yeah you're right.. The head is actually the right size but looking up+ mohawk, goatee and more body shown than others = really looking too big. I don't like the way it looks cropped either so I'll shrink him a bit
I'm on a role today! I really enjoyed doing this one:[Image: imgshk.png]
ah crap i forgot the fringe.. I'll add that now heh

edit added fringe
I think in the base patch I make I'm going to make Gogo more like a black mage having yellow eyes and a black face
  Find

Status
None
Be sure to see
Updated Gallery including Kefka;[
(Very bottom)
  Find

Status
None
Gogo and Kefka look spot-on. The slightly-edited Strago is just what I'd hoped for (you didn't change the beard/mustache combo much, which is awesome since that is a rockin' beardstache).

The new Locke isn't bad, but I personally preferred the older one. Locke is a young-looking character, but with the big poofy hair, he just looks feminine now. Also, the yellow trim on his jacket in the original portrait help to give his outfit a more realistic shape. The new jacket just looks odd. I -do- like the stripes on the bandana though, and making his ear smaller works well enough, though again, that's giving him another feminine feature when you're already starting with an overly-feminine character.

Small note on Gau since I saw a comment about him in the other topic: It probably wouldn't hurt to let him be smirking/smiling. It suits his character and you don't really have anyone else smiling... (Just Setzer)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I LOVE Gogo man

SICK job on it man Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Thank you Poco Loco!
I am finally a Returner and I have a brand new Celes and Locke.. that last one bugged the hell out of me looking upon it again. I think these two really capture the character more:[Image: imgshk.png]
But I need help deciding on which one to use for Celes' palette. The left-most one is sharing 1 color in skin and hair making the palette 13 colors. The middle one (which I like most I think) is using cooler, purplish shades, which I believe is complementary to the gold and the right-most just uses a ruddier/ warmer shading tone. Help me decide on one.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
much better details man Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC