Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI Names Clean-up Patch

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Keep up the work on editing graphics, that's awesome :p. It'll be nice if we could edit complete battle backgrounds, I feel that this day may be soon.

Concerning the issues, I've posted them on the slickproductions forum, but I didn't get enough hints from lenophis to solve the problem...turns that I ended up frustrated and working on class names instead.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I can edit the battle backgrounds; to an extent. I need a tile editor to actually move the tiles around. I'm just replacing tiles, not overwriting the background. I've sent a message to the creator of FF6LE in hope he may add that function to his level editor.
Hopefully it works out, keep working at it. Talk to him in person tomorrow.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Looks like a great patch. For polish reasons though, do you think you'll be doing anything about the 2 dance names that get cut off in the next version or a future one?
  Find

Status
None
(03-10-2011, 08:05 PM)BlackTelomeres Wrote: Looks like a great patch. For polish reasons though, do you think you'll be doing anything about the 2 dance names that get cut off in the next version or a future one?

The two cut off dance names are "Forest Nocturne" and "Desert Lullaby" for space limitation reasons...I think also there's a slight issue with the MTEK skill "Magitek Missile"; it's named as "Magic Missile" in the menu.

Unless someone suggests much nicer names, I'll leave them as that. When I'm done with the patch, anyone can just go ahead and rename those to their liking.

Status
Traitor
I look forward to the cleaner version of this patch Angelo, it's one of those patches that really stand out upon the rest.
Just as long as the next time that you make an IPS patch, you do so with a blank rom. This means you'll have to take all the code your're doing for this very patch and re-do it all on a blank rom so that all you have on that rom is the name patch.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks, Zeemis Smile

You probably are looking for a version compatible with the FF6 1.0 rom version, instead of the improvement patch. I haven't had much time and will probably do not get enough time at all during the next two-three weeks, sorry but everything's becoming rather complicated.

Good news is that there's a -certain- rom patch that I can use to dig the remaining information to get everything working properly.

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Personally, I've always liked 'Desert Aria' better than 'Lullaby'.

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Desert Aria and Forest Suite would probably be more polished since they fit, even though they aren't technically the "correct" translations - and it's not like you'd be making the names up out of thin air since they're the SNES names.
  Find

Status
Traitor
Just wondering if this patch was finished, someone asked me about something similar to this on YouTube today.
  Find

Status
None
Nope, I haven't touched this since quite a while now.

I will have some free time during mid may, hopefully I can keep making progress on this. No promises on when will it be released, though.