Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Name: FFVI Names Clean-up Patch
By: angelo26, darkmage

Description:
I've decided to release a beta version of the patch that I'm working on, as everyone seems to be requesting this, lol. My patch was elaborated on darkmage's FFVI improvement patch v0.92, so this patch applies his changes as well. Credit goes to him for creating the v0.92 patch.
My part of the patch retranslates many of the game's names and attacks to closely match the japanese names.I am only claiming as my own the following:
  • Spell Names Increased to 9 Letters (in battle and menu)
  • Lore Names Increased to 16 letters (in battle and menu)
  • Esper Names increased to 12 letters (in battle and menu)
  • Magitek Names increased to 13 Letters (in battle)
  • Dance Names increased to 13 letters (in battle and menu)
  • Character Classes Added (may be glitched somewhere, I'm sure)
  • GP to GIL change
  • Attacks are increased up to 16 Letters (examples: Magitek Missile, Octopus Tentacle, etc.)
  • Esper Attacks increased to 16 Letters (Ramuh's attack is now Judgement Bolt, etc.)
  • Sabin's Blitzes Renamed (increased to 16 letters as well)

Remarks on using this patch:
  • You will not be able to use FF6usME to change spell names, esper names, nor any of the above names or attacks. If you wish to change those, you'll need to use a Hex editor.

• This patch is not complete. Some minor bugs may still exist, but the benefits of the patch may surpass the minor defects.The goal was to include item names expanded to up to 16 letters, but I haven't had the time to complete that.

Thanks goes to MQ for inspiring me to do this project and letting me become his "apprentice"; Lenophis for the countless hints he's provided; Darkmage for the improvement patch; and Nattak for beta testing and finding countless bugs in it.

[Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png]

Note: Works only with V1.0 of the rom.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?pv32khchovl73c2

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
While this patch is a really innovative design and it does work as intended, it also gives unforeseen side effects. This patch will also apply his font and the rest of the settings he has. The patch is also beta.

This is just a warning because you may lose some of your settings upon patching. Always have a backup.
  Find

Status
None
The settings are from darkmage's improvement patch, which changes the color of the text, as well as the font. They're not mine at all :p

Status
Traitor
He gave credit to everyone right?
I recognize a few of the things in his patch as mine.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
its a good patch to have but personally I wont touch it until J makes his editor compatible with it Wink

on that note since u have just about all the spell names and whatnot fixed I suggest u send it 2 J so that he can get them in his new editor

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Traitor
Poco, will you not hack FFVI unless you have FF3usME? o_O
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
no its not that, its just that I (much like u) want to have all I need b4 I get started lolz :p

dont get me wrong I did start on my hack but its on the hush hush atm Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Traitor
Have you thought about increasing how many characters item names have?
  Find

Status
None
Yes sir, and there are three problems I haven't been able to fix (all during battle):

1. If you want to equip and de-equip characters, the first three characters of the weapon magically dissappear, example:

(Icon)Atma Weapon - 12 Characters
If I expand and change the name to:
(Icon)Ultima Weapon - 15 Characters

In battle, if you want to equip it, the name displayed is:

tima Weapon (The Icon, the letter U and the letter L magically dissappear).

2. Weapon names do not fit the little equipping menu that appears when you access items in battle.

3. Edgar's tool list gets screwed up (the problem mentioned in (1) appears here). Turns out that the tools command accesses the item list, propagating the problem in (1) further.

Status
Traitor
I am very advanced with graphical stuff, down to where I can now decompress graphics, edit them and recompress them, but coding isn't my thing. T_T;
It's to bad, you just missed mah boi Lenophis. On the main page of this site is a link to "IRC". Click at at 9:30 PM Eastern Time and wait in that chatroom until he arrives. I just finished talkin with him today about messing with Palettes and switching them up.

I am glad you're considering the items name length. Smile
  Find