None
Quote:why not just register?
I happen to like my privacy, actually.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I told u it was him, and come the f**k on, not even 5 minutes after his name is mentioned he gets on this shyt, and on the same f**k**g topic as the guest no doubt, please, get the f**k outta here man

you f**k**g lost, and u f**k**g fail,

now go on get out of here and lose ur virginity please, it would make the world a better place, and quite frankly make u seem like less of a pathetic individual

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Quote:now go on get out of here and lose ur virginity please, it would make the world a better place, and quite frankly make u seem like less of a pathetic individual
Now that's cruel, I've made 3 posts (now 4) and never resorted to name calling. It also seems that since my second post, a shit storm has developed.

Quote:This is some epicly bad trolling.
The post you linked is a joke that is floating all around the internet, or at the very least, at GameFAQS.

Quote:But I also don't see anyone talking about the labor they went through to make it...
A quick search points this out:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...60#pid6060
http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....6#msg14906

He changed one byte, but perhaps more if he went about it the wrong way.

Status
None
well that was referred to Aerdan, if you are not him then don't sweat it because it was about him specifically, and if u 2 aren't the same person, even though evidence strongly points it out to be so (since 5 minutes after his name is mentioned he is on the forum now registered) (but hey I can be wrong), that or he is probably a buddy of yours

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Poco, you're an admin, it should be an easy check to find out if the IP address between Guest 1, Guest 2, and Aerdan are the same.

At the very least, Zeemis should know.

Status
None
the thing about that, only Zeemis can check the IP's of the guests, not only that, he is the only 1 who can disable guests from posting

-HNIC

Thanks Received: 4
Status
Lucky-Girl
I understand the point you're trying to make, but it's hardly relevant to anything, anywhere, at any time.

Yeah, he changed a byte.

Yeah, he said it was hard.

It's not the end result that was hard. It was the struggle to try and figure it out himself. Anytime I open my hex editor, I get flustered, and don't know what I'm doing. All the numbers and letters are like a whole foreign language I don't know. I only open my editor when I have a specific thing I want to change, and I only change that thing if I have someone to hold my hand and guide me through it. But even with that person more or less leading the way, I still find it difficult. If I find it difficult to do something that someone else doesn't, then so friggin' be it.

But there's no reason to whine about people who change a byte of data, say it took awhile, and then KINDLY RELEASE A PATCH so others can cash in on their effort. It's people like that who truly advance the FFVI hacking community for those who can't do it themselves on their own. People like me... who may use their work to make a whole new discovery.

I don't care how much credit someone demands, or how little work they MAY have actually done at the end of the day. If they are willing to release their works in patches, expecting nothing but a thank you in return... that's a true man in my book. One worthy of the highest honors.

Leave Gi Nattak alone unless you have a worthwhile concern with something he's doing.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(11-09-2010, 05:00 AM)Guest Wrote:
Quote:But I also don't see anyone talking about the labor they went through to make it...
A quick search points this out:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...60#pid6060
http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....6#msg14906

He changed one byte, but perhaps more if he went about it the wrong way.

Are you trying to disprove your own point? Yes, the end result was that he changed one byte, but looking at the very ForumSlickness thread you posted, it shows that he had to do quite a bit of trial and error to figure it out, even with Leno nudging him in the right direction.

...you know, I'm done with this.
Here's an xkcd strip. http://xkcd.com/386/

Status
None
well said Justin

and Tonic you further proving my point

oh and Tonic I managed to tweak the guests from replying (that's what Zeemis actually had as a permission tab) I fixed it, the damn thing was hidden :p

-HNIC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
(11-08-2010, 11:21 PM)Guest Wrote:
Quote:Guest posting should be deactivated, I'll have to go and figure out how he's posting again.
You want me to disappear? I'll never get to post here ever again if you do.

Kinda the point.
172.130.229.229 = ban't.
Good day sir.

For the rest of the time, I'll figure out how to disallow guest posting.
  Find