Status
Tissue-aware
Chrono Trigger Menu Backgrounds
version 1.0
released on 04/09/2017
apply to FF3us
wiki entry
Download

[Image: fetch.php?media=ff3:ff3us:patches:madsiu...:menu3.png] [Image: fetch.php?media=ff3:ff3us:patches:madsiu...:menu8.png] [Image: fetch.php?media=ff3:ff3us:patches:madsiu...:menu1.png]

Offsets Affected
$ED0000 - $ED1BFF Menu Backgrounds Graphics ($380 bytes * 8 entries)
$ED1C00 - $ED1CFF Menu Backgrounds Palettes (16 colors * 8 palettes)

Description

This hack could be called "CT Menu Import". All 8 Chrono Trigger menu backgrounds and palettes have been copied to the FF3us ROM, in the same order they appear in Chrono Trigger. The only change is graphics tiles order and duplication, because CT does the same job as FF6 with less tiles and in a different order, but final result is the same. The patch provided implement all 8 CT menu backgrounds.

For a custom implementation, you can run the ASM file. It's really simple, you comment in the ASM file the backgrounds (and corresponding palettes) you don't want or swap entries to have as an example background 1, 2, 6 in positions 3, 4, 5, leaving the rest of the backgrounds as vanilla FF3us. See the ASM file for more details.

The last 8 colors of each FF3us menu palette remain untouched because they are unused and CT menu palettes are 8 colors.

Victory
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Kusanagi_999 (10-26-2020), SSJ Rick (04-09-2017)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I love these, but a ran into a problem.

I am playing Brave New World, and it doesn't like having the 1st window over written. Could I get a patch for windows 2-8, and omits window 1?

*EDIT*

NVM I figured it out myself after tinkering with the asm. My first time doing that. Wink
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-30-2019, 01:12 PM)fw4210 Wrote: I am playing Brave New World, and it doesn't like having the 1st window over written.

My guess is that is because BNW has the 1st window already changed. I'm glad you were able to find a workaround because I had no intention of making a custom patch, that is why I made the ASM file available.
  Find