Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sabin kick ability

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Yeah It just pops in at start of animation and it’s not a full sprite, just what u see in the screenshot, would it be possible then for me to use tiger break as my kick and change sprite2 Yang? N is that gestahl doing kick animation LOL just noticed that in smiles LOL
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Should be, that's what we did for Tifa's 'Waterkick' skill, just copied over TigerBreak's data/values, and resprited the Blacked-out Sabin sprite to be Tifa doing a kick, and I think that's all. Well, it would then have the Tiger head graphic on it... I'm not 100% sure how Eternal Crystals did its Kick, like which animation data it uses and if there's any extra coding behind it. Or wait you said MegaHit/Shock is actually Kick in Eternal Crystals? So you copied the values from it over. Are you sure it's the exact same? the 'Byte 10' value especially?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Yeah bro exactly the same, I even checked eternal crystals in ff3 usme and in game and it pops up in that too. What would tiger break be in the spell editor, do u know? Also the tiger break in ff6 t edition is his 5th blitz i think and it does a full kick animation, is that same in vanilla? N I don’t mind the tiger head, looks awesome I think

Found it bro 245 tiger break, can I only edit the Sabin kick sprite in ff3 sprite editor?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(08-22-2022, 10:31 PM)Seifer Wrote: can I only edit the Sabin kick sprite in ff3 sprite editor?

FF6Tools might be able to, I see it under Monster tab #176, but I'm not sure how to edit it... I'd just use ff3 sprite editor.

Status
Nattak\'d
I just fired up Eternal Crystals to take a look at it, and see it uses Cyan's Desperation Attack animation (Back Blade) lol, I forgot it did... I assumed it used Tiger Break. Anyways yeah I see it, the kick sprite pop up for it also for like 1 frame (very fast). I definitely think using Tiger Break's is better for it. I don't recall if T-Editions Kick has the Tiger head sprite or not, probably not... I think it's cool though, and fitting for Yang. Or you could just not load that graphic probably if it's unwanted, or erase it if all else fails lol.

Status
None
Definitely cool and fitting for Yang also I see what u mean about pallette being black on the kick sprite, I loaded it up in ff6 tools and it’s pallette is tiger break unused, don’t know how I’m goin to edit it to Yang when I can’t load the correct pallette. I’ll try to do it in ff3usme in the morning and I’ll let u know bro
  Find

Status
None
Gi nattak discovered a way to make a kick ability for Sabin using tiger break ( sabins' desperation attack ) in place of shock, just copy spell number 245 tiger break values over spell number 130 mega hit which is shock in ff3usme spell editor, but we run into a problem, when using another skill over shock it takes a step back after using ability and ends up putting u off screen, but gi nattak found a solution. After applying tiger break over shock Change these values in hex editor:

D0/23F9: 81 00 00                 change attacker graphic to 0 (no action) <--- Change this to BF 4A CF
D0/23FC: FF                          end of script

@D0/CF4A (should be a bunch of FF bytes, which is free space) put:
D0/CF4A: 81 00 00              change attacker graphic to 0 (no action)
D0/CF4D: C8 04                   change attacker action to 3 (walking forward)
D0/CF4F: 89 07                   loop start (7 times)
D0/CF51: 83 62                    move forward 3
D0/CF53: 86 62                    move attacker forward 3
D0/CF55: 1F                         [---]
D0/CF56: 8A                        loop end
D0/CF57: C8 00                   change attacker action to 0 (no action)
D0/CF59: C0                        return from subroutine

Forgot a part of this ability, there is a Sabin kick sprite under monster esper graphics 173 tiger break, if ur using another character as Sabin and want to changeit, then just import ur characters pallette over the pallette used for this kick sprite (345 tiger break unused) and edit in a kick animation for ur character. When u look at the sprite initially it will be an all black sprite. Just replace it with ur characters pallette as it’s unused. This allows ur sprite to load the correct pallette when using a different sprite.

Nattack thanx for fixing my post lol just noticed Wink
  Find