Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Commands ex.Kick

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I am looking for how to make custom commands like Kick and others like metroidquest did for FF6 The Eternal Crystals. I have FF6 MDE editor and I am trying to make some new commands as well, you have any tips on how to start that?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
MQ really just changed Shock

I checked and tested most of the blank commands myself and they either do nothing or freeze the game

those that do nothing might possibly be able to be edited but I have no idea how to go about doing it

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Editing Shock and Health are your best bets. You can just edit their names and effects using the Spell editor in FF3usME.

If you want to try something more adventurous, I suggest editing Sketch or Control with a HEX editor. You can compile a list of battle commands by picking and choosing what looks interesting from the C2 Bank. http://assassin17.home.comcast.net/~assa...code2i.txt

Status
None
the best thing to do would be to edit the ones that do nothing (the blank ones of course)

having that would be amazing

also changing up GP Toss would kick ass 2 lolz Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Basically I decided to change Swordtech to Karate and made Yang or Sabin have kick ass karate moves. Tiger Break and Back Blade, the DAs are the best animations for a kick animation. And oh yeah, Poco I forgot about health, even though it would make Banon particularly harder to keep alive but I usually beef his stats up so he can't be hurt. I also changed Dance to Ninja for Edge but he only knows the Cave Song and I don't know exactly how another character other than Mog can learn Dances, it's a work in progress. I'm doing a hack called FFVI:Spirit of the Paladin and another called Legend of the Dark Knight.
  Find

Status
None
u can hex edit who learns dance moves

its not 2 hard 2 do

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(06-29-2011, 10:07 AM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: I also changed Dance to Ninja for Edge but he only knows the Cave Song and I don't know exactly how another character other than Mog can learn Dances, it's a work in progress.

00 Terra
01 Locke
02 Cyan
03 Shadow
04 Edgar
05 Sabin
06 Celes
07 Strago
08 Relm
09 Setzer
0A Mog
0B Gau
0C Gogo
0D Umaro

Changing Dance-learning:
C2/5EE5: AD 0A 30 LDA $300A
C2/5EE8: 30 16 BMI $5F00
C2/5EEA: AE E2 11 LDX $11E2 (get combat background)
C2/5EED: BF 5B 8E ED LDA $ED8E5B,X (get corresponding dance #)
Change the bolded byte to whomever you want.