Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Remain in Battle Screen After Killing All Enemies?

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 14
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I'm attempting to update the AI battle in Terra's flashback at the beginning where she fights the three soldiers, to change it from her attacking one with a Fire Beam to all three with a Fire spell.  I've successfully adjusted her AI script to hit all three with the Fire spell, however killing all three completely skips Kefka's dialogue bit and proceeds directly to the next scene.  Right now I'm getting around this by replacing one of the three soldiers with a lookalike enemy with higher HP so she doesn't kill it, but ideally I'd like her to kill all three and still trigger Kefka's dialogue event.  In areas like the Veldt when you kill all the enemies it remains in the battle screen for Gau's appearance event, so I was wondering if the same thing was possible here.  I've been searching around the Veldt events and haven't yet been able to find what differentiates them to allow this.
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
Try approaching it from Terra's targets, rather than Terra's script itself.

Monster 377 (Soldier) is the one that gets used for this (I think.  It starts with Stop, and as far as I know that's the fight that has a monster start with Stop).

Try adding this to its monster script:
Code:
FC 12 00 00    {Is this monster dead?}
FC 13 01 00    {Are there no monsters left?}
F7 11          {Trigger event "Burn it all!"}
FB 02 00       {End battle}
Just make sure to remove the event trigger from Terra's end.
I don't know if this'll work, but it's worth a shot, right?
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • madsiur (07-30-2020)

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 14
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(07-29-2020, 11:48 PM)C-Dude Wrote: Try approaching it from Terra's targets, rather than Terra's script itself.

Monster 377 (Soldier) is the one that gets used for this (I think.  It starts with Stop, and as far as I know that's the fight that has a monster start with Stop).

Try adding this to its monster script:
Code:
FC 12 00 00    {Is this monster dead?}
FC 13 01 00    {Are there no monsters left?}
F7 11          {Trigger event "Burn it all!"}
FB 02 00       {End battle}
Just make sure to remove the event trigger from Terra's end.
I don't know if this'll work, but it's worth a shot, right?

I tried a couple variants of this on the monster's end and it was still just ending the battle rather than calling Kefka's event.  However, I was able to get close to what I want by keeping the one unkillable soldier and then have Terra's AI call "Hide all Monsters" before calling Kefka's event:

Code:
F1 38        {Change target to All Monsters}
00            {Cast Fire}
F5 00 04 FF    {Hide All Monsters, do not end battle}
F7 11        {"Burn it all"}
FB 02 00    {End battle}

The first payload byte of the F5 command is the "hide animation" and has things like diving, flying away, fading out, boss death, etc, but I wasn't finding an enumeration for just the regular "pow" death event animation.  Above a value of 0F it messes up the screen or crashes the game.  Just removing the soldier from the screen will work well enough, but if there's an enumeration in there somewhere that does the "pow" when the monster is hidden that I somehow missed, that'll make it perfect.
  Find