Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Splash Screen Problem

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
When I applied my new Splash Screen to my ROM, now when I engage into the first battle with the Narshe Guards the game seems to reset itself at the Splash Screen while still playing the Battle theme.

Has anyone encountered this problem and/or know the solution?

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I'm having a hard time understanding what you are describing. Are you saying you added an intro then the game acts normally until you get in to a battle (only narshe guards?) then the game resets but keeps the battle music playing?

Do you have a before and after ROM for adding your splash screen? I'd run a compare in your hex editor to make sure only the correct offsets were changed.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
My apologies, I should have explained more thoroughly. What happens is that when I Begin a new game, and encounter the first Narshe Guard, I see the Random Battle flash and the battle music starts playing, but then the Splash Screen suddenly appears while the music is still playing in the back ground. When I select A the music stops playing and the Title Screen appears normally. I can go and start a new game, the same thing will happen

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
That is the tell tale signs of a corrupted ROM. Are you super positive it just started doing it after doing the new splash screen? Haven't touched any other patches around the same time?And might you have any recent backups of you ROM? Before doing something as major as hacking in a new splash screen you should have backed up the ROM. That whole process is rather delicate and iffy. The damage can be repaired, probably some bytes got re-arranged somewhere wrong, but first things first.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
^ Agree with Nattak here. You want to first go back to your most recent backup ROM and check to see if the same problem occurs. If this problem occurs before you added the splash then you know something else happened.

Did you write the assembly routine your self for the splash screen or did you use a template?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]