Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unable to find Gogo's palette set in Hex

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
I'm trying to change Gogo's palette in the overworld to 02 instead of 03, and can't get the hex editor to work in my favor.

I'm searching for "43 12 03", 43 for the palette swap event, 12 for the actor number of Gogo, and 03 for his original set palette. I can't find this anywhere in the hex editor- could someone help point me where I'm going wrong?
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 23
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Code:
CB/81E2: 43    Assign palette $03 to character $0C (GOGO  )

I think this is what you're looking for. You need to convert the actor index to hex ($0C instead of 12).
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • C-Dude (09-29-2019), Jeff (09-30-2019)

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...al:sprites

This tutorial on the wiki is very helpful for this sort of thing. There's a link to a palette document by Runelancer somewhere in the middle of that tutorial (below blue Celes): it gives you the general location of all the palette assignments of playable characters in the event script. Gogo's palette is set this way only once; every other instance is handled by an NPC on the map. This is part of what causes the Pink Gogo glitch.

And... it will pose a problem if Gogo is one of the NPCs not taken in the final Kefka fight. When running in after the fight the palette used will be Pal 3. I haven't figured out why it doesn't use the color established at the address Everything provided; I imagine the fix would have to be made in the map editor; but I haven't looked into it yet.
  Find

Status
None
(09-29-2019, 06:09 PM)Everything Wrote:
Code:
CB/81E2: 43    Assign palette $03 to character $0C (GOGO  )

I think this is what you're looking for. You need to convert the actor index to hex ($0C instead of 12).

Thanks! That helped with the overworld sprite, everywhere but where she's an NPC. I'm still looking through the documents about that, but can't quite figure out how to change the NPC appearances (where she's first recruited and then within the airship).
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Maybe try the Level Editor.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Jeff (10-01-2019)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Every NPC of Gogo must have their palette changed in FF6LE.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Jeff (10-01-2019)

Status
None
(10-01-2019, 07:33 AM)madsiur Wrote: Every NPC of Gogo must have their palette changed in FF6LE.

I'm able to change the palettes in the editor, but it seems to be causing problems with the map. Attempting to go into the overworld crashes the ROM entirely. I got an error that said the WOR mini-map exceeded the allotted space.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 23
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
If you haven't made a lot of other major modifications, you can try editing NPC palettes using FF6Tools.

https://everything8215.github.io/ff6tools/ff6tools.html
  Find