Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can I have Gogo assigned skills for everyone?

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Is it possible for "Empty" commands to be assigned to others than Gogo? I am thinking of having the fourth slot available to most characters to pick a slot. I am uncertain of how good of an idea this is but I know for a fact I at least want a few characters to have the option of one slot being whatever. How plausible is this?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
First what do you mean by "empty commands" ? And do you mean "having the fourth slot available to most characters to pick a slot command" ?

Edit: Ok, I think I understand now. To make other characters access the special menu where you choose your commands, you need to add conditions in several places in bank C3 for each character you want to have access to the special menu. It's just after that a matter of rewriting code to fit the extra code (checks). Character having access will have the option to change all 4 slots though. I am unsure on how to make this option for only slot 4 but it would still be done in bank C3, it's a matter of understanding how the game differentiate the slots...
  Find

Status
None
Very valid questions. My apologies for not being more clear.

It appears to me that Gogo is able to reassign three commands. Everything but Mimic says "empty" in FF3usME. All three are able to be assigned to whatever. This leads me to believe that other characters can do this as well if assigned a command as "Empty" and something else has occurred. What that something else is, is a mystery to me currently.

Of course I could be way off base, but this seems plausible. I was thinking of having some characters with one slot that is choosable like Gogo. I am wanting up make my hack hard and I figured this could even the playing grounds for the characters.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-30-2013, 10:03 PM)CMFL Wrote: It appears to me that Gogo is able to reassign three commands. Everything but Mimic says "empty" in FF3usME. All three are able to be assigned to whatever. This leads me to believe that other characters can do this as well if assigned a command as "Empty" and something else has occurred. What that something else is, is a mystery to me currently.

Of course I could be way off base, but this seems plausible. I was thinking of having some characters with one slot that is choosable like Gogo. I am wanting up make my hack hard and I figured this could even the playing grounds for the characters.

Well if you assign empty commands to characters other than Gogo, they will have empty commands but won't be able to switch them. You need to modify some code like I said in my first answer. It's doable.

Find

Status
None
Is it easier if you want the last three commands to be choosable like Gogo has?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-31-2013, 02:01 AM)CMFL Wrote: Is it easier if you want the last three commands to be choosable like Gogo has?

It would be less work but I wonder if you would be able to change all 4 commands given none of them is mimic. That would need to be verified.

Find