Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
10th Anniversary Contest

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
For our 10th anniversary we are organizing a contest. There are two themes, pick the one you prefer. First one is "How much do you like hacking FF6" and second one is "How much do you like ff6hacking.com". You submission can be anything: A small hack, a video, a song, a poem, some pixel art, a story, etc. We are trying to make the contest as open as possible to get the most participants.

Here are the rules: You can only submit something if you have more than 2 posts as of today (users with less posts can still participate but will be excluded from winning a prize). This is to make sure the contest is mainly opened to active users. You must with your submission specify which of the two theme inspired you and you must post your submission in this thread before July 19th. This is exactly one month from now.

There will be 2 prizes: the two winners get each a ff6hacking coffee mug. I will pick the two winner on July 20th and will base my choice on the originality (something standing out) and the quality (time and effort spent) of the submission. May the best submissions win!

Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Jeff (06-20-2019), Lockirby2 (06-20-2019)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I've got an idea that I think is pretty funny. Hopefully it pans out well. Smile

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • madsiur (06-22-2019)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
The following user says Thank You for ff6hacking.com:
PowerPanda

If I could think of one thing that sets FF6hacking.com apart from other hacking websites, it's the "Thank You" button. It really is indicative of the culture that has been forged over the years here.

In other hacking websites, newbies often face derision for their lack of knowledge. For example, if you didn't know how C2/1234 became address 021434 in the rom, very few people would be willing to help you. Most of the replies would be joking about how you are in over your head, and should probably back out now. That' not the case with FF6hacking.com. One search through the forums will show the same members patiently answering that question over and over again. And then, usually, they receive a "Thank You" for it, not just from the person who asked the question, but from all of the other users who were planning to reply, but didn't need to anymore.

When I came to FF6hacking.com, I had never opened a hex editor. I wanted to make a small change so that you could change Runic to Shock via a relic. My questions were the most basic you could imagine. Rather than facing ridicule, I got help from almost everybody on the forums. Through the relaxed atmosphere here, I was able to learn. In a year and a half, I went from never opening a hex editor before to compiling the Full Roster Hack, expanding spritesheets, editing animations, re-programming desperation attacks, and doing extensive rerouting of the events in the game. This is all thanks to the amazing people here.

I cannot think of a better community to be a part of.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • C-Dude (06-26-2019), Gi Nattak (07-20-2019), Lockirby2 (07-08-2019), LordSutebenu (07-04-2019), madsiur (06-25-2019), Turbotastic (06-27-2019), Warrax (07-10-2019)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
@PowerPanda That's also one of the things I love about this community. After all, how could somebody get to the point where they're not "in over their head" without having some way to learn how to improve?

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Tissue-aware
Alright, we are past deadline. PowerPanda gets a mug and I get to keep the other one.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Due to some slight confusion about the exact end time...

Lockirby's submission:

...and here's my pathetic submission so I can say I participated: 

[Image: ff6hacking.png]

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • God of rule (04-24-2022), madsiur (07-19-2019), PowerPanda (07-19-2019), Turbotastic (07-24-2019)

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thought I'd show why I like to ROM hack FF6 at times.
This is a summary of what your imagination can lead to.

[Image: FF6Post.png]
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to HoxNorf for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (07-20-2019), madsiur (07-20-2019), Turbotastic (07-24-2019)

Status
Tissue-aware
Those are great submissions! The 2nd mug will go to Lockirby. Thanks to everyone who submitted something!
  Find