Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need Some Help

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Okay, so I've done some other testing and stuff namely trying to get it so that the "Rain" command casts spells randomly (which it now does) and I've been able to add / swap some when needed but it still has the effect of making beneficial spells (like two positive Rain moves I've edited in) only work on the enemy. Like it won't switch targets like Dance / Rage does. I've messed around with a few things and either I have: beneficial and damaging spells hitting the enemy or beneficial and damaging spells hitting the party - but not the spells themselves hitting the right targets. I'm at a loss here because I don't know how to proceed.

Am I correct in assuming I would have to go look at code from Dance / Rage and copy them over? I'm just trying to figure out where to look here.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
You're likely hardcoding a target, and you need to let the game pull the default target from the spell data. I wouldn't know much about that in general, but I suspect that's the case given what issues I've had with targetting myself.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dn for this post:
  • ShadowDreamer (06-08-2018)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
There's a data table that handles targetting, and one of the settings is to pull targetting data from the associated spell - I know I got this working for Pray and Ravage, but I don't remember exactly how, so I'll have to take a look through my old notes and see what I've got.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GrayShadows for this post:
  • ShadowDreamer (06-08-2018)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(06-08-2018, 03:00 PM)GrayShadows Wrote: There's a data table that handles targetting, and one of the settings is to pull targetting data from the associated spell - I know I got this working for Pray and Ravage, but I don't remember exactly how, so I'll have to take a look through my old notes and see what I've got.

Thanks man! Whatever help you could offer I'd really appreciate. Smile
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Take a look at $CFFE00 - the table there handles command targetting. It's a two byte table, and you want the second byte of each entry, so you're looking at $CFFE01 + (2*Command ID). Give it a try with $FF - that's what I used to pull targetting data from the spell being cast.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find