Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3usME: Problem to export FF6's script

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
[Image: 4f14mw8.png]

As shown in the pic, the blue window displays the Japanese characters perfectly, but the white one under it is gibberish. If I click "Export script", I only get a long unreadable mess, while the English version (FF3us) exports everything correctly.

Is there a way to fix this issue so I can have the full Japanese script in .txt format?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
FF3usME Keyboard mapping seems to be correct (see "Show chat table"). I'm not sure if this is some incomplete FF3usME incomplete feature or some issue related to Windows language / keyboard settings... maybe try changing those? What is sure is that the bottom window cannot parse japanese for some reason.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
The "gibberish" just seems to be pointers to where the characters are located. Notice how all of the kanji start with "BK", but none of the hiragana, katatana, or numbers do.

For example, look at the number 1000. That's being rendered as <$54><$53><$53><$53>. That gives us a starting point, at least, where we know that
<$53> = 0
<$54> = 1

I'd be willing to guess that
<$55> = 2
<$56> = 3

The katakana is a bit trickier. The "no" character is listed as <$9B> in both instances, but the 2 "ka"s are 2 different hex codes.

Anyway, once you figure out what's what, you can export the script, go into Notepad++, and do a "find and replace all" on each character. That kanji's gonna be tough on you though.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
I could translate the pointers if it was only hiragana and katakana (like FF4 or some Famicom games), but I still can't type a lot of those kanji. One thing that would help is if I could transfer the blue window's text (or the entire char table) to .txt format, then work things out from there by copy/pasting the kanji into their respective pointers.

Could the program be updated so the bottom window would display things properly, or would it be a very difficult task?

Either that, or...

Is the script not already available anywhere? I find it strange considering the game's popularity and extensive number of documents/hacks. Before looking into it, I thought a simple google search would lead to it, but the closest I could find are those two:

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/%7EFigaro/men...ario-j.htm (Story only, doesn't include townspeople dialogue or the like.)

http://nayukaaaaa.nomaki.jp/wp/ff/ff61.html (Supposedly was going to include everything, but it's only up to South Figaro and hasn't been updated since 2010.)

So... I was wondering if maybe any of the hackers here happen to have the script readily available, or know where to find it. That would be much appreciated.

That's all and thanks for reading.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-25-2018, 12:14 AM)WaterCrystal Wrote: Could the program be updated so the bottom window would display things properly, or would it be a very difficult task?

No the source code is not available. The only one who can do this is the author, Lord J. You can write him a email though, his address is in the "Help" or "About" section of FF3usME.

As for the FF6j script, I've never seen it anywhere and google has no good result. I always have been bad at searching on Google Japan, so I'll leave this to you. Good luck!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 23
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wmyxiln89w...dialog.txt

I also made one with all the formatting left in (tabs, pauses, etc.): http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcnsd6vl4a...alog_f.txt

And here's a table file (with all the kanji codes): http://www.mediafire.com/file/6jhdelafp11pdsl/ff6j.tbl

I can't read any of it, so let me know if anything doesn't look right.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • madsiur (06-26-2018), WaterCrystal (06-26-2018)

Status
None
^ Took a look and everything seems fine. The only weirdness I noticed is that the first line was dumped twice for some reason, but it's easily fixable since I can just delete the duplicate.

Thank you so very much for the help! Smile
  Find