Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
NPC Sprite Sheet Expansion (m06 version)

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 21
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
This project is still in progress so please post any thoughts you have on the subject.

This improvement patch expands NPC sprite sheets so they include a full PC set of sprites. This allows for assigning any sprite sheet to a character and use all poses of NPCs in events.

IPS Link: https://github.com/mogue/FF6-SpriteSheet...er/FF6.ips

Code:
https://github.com/mogue/FF6-SpriteSheetExpansion
(you only need the IPS file, code should serve as documntation, warning: still work in progress)

The patch requires an expanded FF6 ROM to be used with.

Thanks to B-Run and Catone.
Sprites are thanks to: Poco Loco, Zozma, JamesWhite, Astaroth, FF Fanatic, sapprentice, FEOK and LoneRedMage

!HELP WANTED!
The following sprites are still missing and I would really like a complete sprite sheet for all NPCs. So please feel free to sprite them and frame in Owzer's Mansion if you want to help.

Code:
$17 Old Man / Gungho
$18 Man / Duane
$27 Little Girl
$2C Esper Elder
$2D Yura
$33 Wolf Monster
$36 Sailor / Shopkeeper
$3F Ramuh

History reference:
This fix was originally attempted by Edrin (B-Run) in 2014: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2329
Later Catone extended the idea with fixes for battle in 2015: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-2837.html
I'm writing this in 2017 and have fixed menu issues (using Novalia Spirit's c3 disassembly). Hopefully this will complete the improvement to a single patch.

In Progress:
Save menu has incorrect palettes upon entering. (fixes when the cursor is moved)

Happy Hacking!
  Find
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to m06 for this post:
  • B-Run (12-04-2017), C-Dude (10-06-2019), Catone (01-22-2020), Gi Nattak (05-24-2018), SSJ Rick (12-04-2017)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
hey if by wolf monster you mean lone wolf, I have a full sheet of him floating around somewhere, it should be up on the site though, if not I can look for it

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 21
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(12-04-2017, 03:33 AM)Poco Loco Wrote: hey if by wolf monster you mean lone wolf, I have a full sheet of him floating around somewhere, it should be up on the site though, if not I can look for it

I included your Lone Wolf sprite Poco, and thank you again for all your amazing sprites.

http://2-dimensions.com/wp-content/uploa...vi-042.png

This is the "Wolf Monster" I think.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
naw man anytime, I'm happy to help

and that big ol lug is the behemoth (it was used for the behemoth fights anyway so I call it that lol)

but unfortunately that was one of the handful of npc's I didn't work on

I might do some fixes on some of my old sheets since I've improved quite a lot since those days lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
That is the generic beast sprite, which walks upright and sports a nice set of armor, both of which changes the moment it enters a battle.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
everyone still alive? lol
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Hey there Zozma, good to see ya back around these parts!

Status
Vampire
its been a long time, whats new?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
It has! Ah much more of the same things, some new hacks, updates to others, projects. Though the spriting front has been quite inactive as of late, in terms of new sprites making it to the forum that is. Still quite an alive and active community, though! Laugh We got a Discord channel set up which is where we mostly hang out, but the forum still gets love and stays updated.

Status
Vampire
well that hack that allows the last 4 colors to be used made a difference to me i remember
  Find