Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
It's okay to ask. About a year ago, I got a second job as a developer for a board game company, and that has seriously eaten into my time to work on this. I got to about 1 week of work away from releasing an initial patch, but then unexpectedly got signed onto another board game. Development should be wrapping on that soon, so I'll have a few weeks between here and there to go back and do some more work.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Sweet! Thanks for the update. And congrats on the board game job. That sounds extremely cool. Smile
  Find

Status
None
I love it. I've been designing games since 2012, and have a few games on the market, but my skillset has always favored development rather than design. Being able to work on something knowing that I'll get paid from the start is always helpful too. Smile

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Happy New Year, everyone. I am sorry everyone has waited so long for this project to come to fruition. I have uploaded Beta v0.8 to the first post. It is complete through recruiting your characters in the WoR, and is only misisng story sequences from the Ancient Castle and the game's Ending. It is playable from start to finish, and the save will be compatible with the final version of the game. So if you want to play through up to the point where all characters are recruited in the WoR, and then set aside that save, you will be able to pick up from there when the final version of the game is released.

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Askroth (01-01-2021), C-Dude (12-31-2020), Fast Moon (12-31-2020), madsiur (01-01-2021)

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 14
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Sweet. Always excited to play anything that gives Leo more screentime!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
@power Panda I just play ff6 divergent beta until get all character at world of ruin but after that I put gau and cyan to meet his father to learn fight command after that black screen?
  Find

Status
None
(01-02-2021, 11:58 PM)Mch Wrote: @power Panda I just play ff6 divergent beta until get all character at world of ruin but after that I put gau and cyan to meet his father to learn fight command after that black screen?

Thank you for reporting that bug. After the Cyan/Gau scene, there is custom code that does the following:
1. Rewrites Gau's 4 command slots to "Fight, Rage, Magic, Item".
2. Adds 2 "Master Fists" weapons to your inventory.
3. Optimizes Gau's equipment so that 1 or 2 master fists are equipped, depending on your relics.

Earlier this year, I sent my rom file to Madsiur to fix something, and the custom code on step 1 got relocated. I bet there's a pointer out of place somewhere. I will fix it, but not today.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
If you say no to Banon, you can still get the Bracers, and then after saying Yes(or no 2 more times), you get a second Bracers relic. I don't know if that's intentional.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
X-Zone
@power Panda I played ff6 beta in emulator apps in my smartphone. The problem is that in the beginning of the game where I play terra and the 2 soldiers in narshe. When encountered the 1st battle I use command to attack enemy bug occurred and turn into black screen. Does it means this not compatible to emulator apps in smartphones?
  Find

Status
None
(01-03-2021, 11:45 PM)Scorcher Wrote: If you say no to Banon, you can still get the Bracers, and then after saying Yes(or no 2 more times), you get a second Bracers relic. I don't know if that's intentional.

Nope, not intentional. I'll take a look at that scripting. For now, enjoy your extra bracers. Smile

(01-04-2021, 12:44 AM)rhonryderz Wrote: @power Panda I played ff6 beta in emulator apps in my smartphone. The problem is that in the beginning of the game where I play terra and the 2 soldiers in narshe. When encountered the 1st battle I use command to attack enemy bug occurred and turn into black screen. Does it means this not compatible to emulator apps in smartphones?

It is your emulator.

Projects:
  Find