Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(02-28-2018, 08:26 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 01:59 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: I may release this as a standaolone, hosted through this forum (rather than on RHDN).

Cool man! You can make a patch thread separated from this thread in the patch sub-forum and I'll put the file and screenshots (if any) on our server. If you meant the whole Definitive Edition, I'll make an announcement for it when needed.

I'm specifically referring to cutting out the part of the dream sequence where your party is split and you have to find the other 2 members. It could be used as a patch to free up a whole bunch of event space (around a kilobyte) before people even begin their project.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • madsiur (02-28-2018), Robo Jesus (02-28-2018)

Status
None
I reached a major milestone tonight in finishing off Cyan's dream sequence, which, as a reminder, is his recruitment scenario in the World of Ruin. This has been the bottleneck on the project for 7 months. To do anything beyond what I was currently doing, I needed to free up some event space in the rom, and as stated before, I've freed up almost a kilobyte by removing the sequence that breaks your party up into 3.

The good news is that there are only 4 more REQUIRED event edits left before I could start working on the system changes and release this to the public. However, I've always had a list of optional edits I wanted to do. And with so much newfound space to work with, I've sketched out a host of other storyline sequences that I'd like to add in. Specifically, I have space for the following:
* An "Optimize Equipment" for all characters or current party members from the airship
* Kappa's recruitment, including a tutorial on how his abilities work
* Something about what happened to the Moogles in the WoR. Haven't decided what yet.
* I can create 2 additional scenes in the Ancient Castle that tie it to both Terra and Leo's story.
- When you try to enter the castle, there is a magic barrier that knocks you backward unless both Leo and Terra are in the party, or the castle has been completed. This precipitates a short sequence where Leo states that it's like the gate to the Esper world, and that maybe Terra could take it down. This hints that Leo was part of the infiltration to the Esper world.
- When you talk to the queen's statue, and Terra wonders if love between a human and an esper is possible, I think I might be able to program a flashback scene with some of Leo's backstory explaining why he refused a Magitek infusion. In short, he developed a friendship (possibly romantic?) with the Esper who was going to be drained to give him power.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (07-20-2019)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
These are pretty cool side stories that tie well with original game! The final product should be a very cool hack!
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
Isn't it fascinating whenever coincidences happen? specifically the whole bond thing with esper. I have something quite similar planned for hacking related stuffs and its been on mind for a very long time now.
  Find

Status
None
Finished off Leo's WoR Recruitment. After examining the remaining work, I've decided on the following:

* Cyan will take Sabin's place in the "Gau's Father" sequence. I will add a short section at the end after Gau declares he's happy his father is alive, where Cyan notes that Gau is short one father, and Cyan is short one son. He suggests that maybe, when everything is done, they should fix that. This teaches Cyan the rest of his SwdTechs. Also, if I can get GrayShadows' "Command Change Custom Event" added in, this would also teach Gau the "Fight" command.
* Leo's backstory on why he refused the Magitek Infusion will NOT include a romance. Instead, he will be a soldier assigned to the Magitek Factory, and will befriend Maduin, who is imprisoned. When Leo finds out that his infusion is going to come from Maduin, his friend, he refuses. Cid, who is fond of him, tells him about the legendary Runic ability, which he could use to nullify magic. Leo will recount this story to Terra after reading the queen's diary in the Ancient Castle.
* Kappa is not just going to be on the airship. Instead, he is in the Opera house, trying (and failing) to defeat the dragon. When you win, he mentions that he might have been strong enough if he had the legendary Imp's Armor. He offers to trade you the Leviathan Magicite for it. When you get all 4 pieces, you must have Mog in your party with all 4 pieces equipped. Kappa will make the trade, and then Mog will suggest he join up.

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (07-20-2019)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
That kappa recruit requirements are pretty cool! Event bits can be useful : D
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Keep up the good work man, it all sounds quite fitting and well thought out. Looking forward to it!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
It's been a while since I've updated. I made major updates to the first post. All major storyline edits have been made, and most of the system changes have been implemented. I am getting very close to an initial release, which will be v0.8. This will be complete up through the World of Balance, and playable through the end of the game. It will not include Kappa, the Ancient Castle story sequence, or the ending cutscenes. It will also not have a lot of the smaller tweaks.

Current area of focus is implementing the MMMMMagic patch. I added a new section to the original post for the new spells. Go ahead and check it out. Let me know if you have a brilliant idea for a new spell you'd like to see implemented. "Sap" is the spell I like the least, but I needed one more gray spell to make the lists sort correctly. Note: I have some ideas for how to handle the logic for the GBA Valor spell, but I don't have the coding skills to make it happen, and it's a low priority.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(07-31-2018, 11:24 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: Note: I have some ideas for how to handle the logic for the GBA Valor spell, but I don't have the coding skills to make it happen, and it's a low priority.

How would you handle it?
  Find

Status
None
(07-31-2018, 11:22 PM)NPCnextdoor Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 11:24 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: Note: I have some ideas for how to handle the logic for the GBA Valor spell, but I don't have the coding skills to make it happen, and it's a low priority.

How would you handle it?

When it has been talked about on these forums before, it has been talked about as a status. That won't work, as all available statuses are taken. Instead, it needs to be a spell effect. This spell effect should set a bit (possibly the upper nibble of the Desperation Attack bit). Then, I'd add a hook into this line of code, which seems to load the attack power:

Code:
(Load Magic Power / Vigor and Level)

C2/2951: AD A2 11     LDA $11A2
C2/2954: 4A           LSR
C2/2955: BD 41 3B     LDA $3B41,X    (magic power [* 1.5])
C2/2958: 90 03        BCC $295D      (Branch if not physical attack)
C2/295A: BD 2C 3B     LDA $3B2C,X    (vigor [* 2])
C2/295D: 8D AE 11     STA $11AE
C2/2960: 9C 89 3A     STZ $3A89      (turn off random weapon spellcast)
C2/2963: 4C 21 2C     JMP $2C21      (Put attacker level [or Sketcher if applicable] in $11AF)
[*]

Sometime after C2/295A, I'd check for the presence of the bit. If it was present, I'd take the X value of Vigor and double it, then clear the character's bit. Care would need to be taken to set it to 255 if it exceeded 255.

Projects:
  Find