None
Oh ok, I thought it did, my mistake.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I might found a bug. I'm getting "Not enough MP" messages when monsters are normally attacking. They actually have enough MP and do cast spells but the message still appear whatever they do, it's almost spamming. The patch is not conflicting.

The annoying part is that it's not always happening right away...I can go on with a fight without a single message and it suddenly appear next fight (this make no sens to me but w/e). I've never had that bug before and doing by elimination leads to this patch.

I'm still trying to reproduce the bug so I know exactly how and when it happen but I'm too busy with work and other stuff so I will report later with more info.

Edit: FYI, I'm using your latest code.
Edit2: Getting random black screens during fights now (music continues to play and it stays black forever). I got one instance where it get black but glitches appear a semi second later. ROM was executed with only this patch. NOTE: I'm using FF3 v1.1 ROM.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
ah.. in vanilla, monster or not, we'd exit with cost=0 if the attack wasn't one of the designated commands.  now monsters will try to load an MP cost for any command.

Status
None
(09-23-2017, 01:21 AM)assassin Wrote: ah.. in vanilla, monster or not, we'd exit with cost=0 if the attack wasn't one of the designated commands.  now monsters will try to load an MP cost for any command.

Happy to see the bug confirmed.

So if I change MP cost from 0 to 1 on spells 238 (attack) and 239 (special) this should temporary fix the issue right? (sorry I can't test right now)
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
just for knowing it... what if you change the order of sorting spells from config menu?(black-white-grey, white-black-grey, ...)
still compatible with the patch? asking this because sketch bug trigger depended also from the position of a certain spell in the menu

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
I did some more testing, I was able to do Lete River completely (with spells from Terra showing correctly and using the right MP cost, no problems there), take Sabin' scenario and get Shadow until the game finally freezes during a fight outside. I made a save state just before that fight and it freeze ~75% of the time, and (sometimes) at a random moment during that fight (so random!). Again no other patches used, FF3us v1.1 ROM used and modified by FF3usME with "mst AI" patch applied if that's of any help.

(09-23-2017, 11:34 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: just for knowing it... what if you change the order of sorting spells from config menu?(black-white-grey, white-black-grey, ...)
still compatible with the patch? asking this because sketch bug trigger depended also from the position of a certain spell in the menu

I will test with a different spell order and see how it goes.
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Probably a conflict with the FF3usME patch or possibly due to using FF3us1.1.

Don't use 1.1 for anything. Most patches are made for 1.0, including a (better) fix for the Sketch glitch.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
eh, my Sketch Bug fix is better at coexisting with 1.0-targeted patches, but otherwise a bit incomplete:

http://archive.is/vyM0K
(or normal link, which'll probably be operable for 5 minutes: http://mnrogar.slickproductions.org/phpB...f=3&t=1010)

don't worry; it'll eventually be fully robust, 13+ years after inception. :/  beta testing and feedback on C1 changes highly welcome!

Status
None
I'm aware of 1.1 not giving the best results but I have been using 1.1 for my hack for so many years without issues...I would have to start from scratch and that would be a lot of work. Is there a safe way to downgrade to 1.0?

Also...if the bug is confirmed (or is that a feature?), I don't see 1.1 as being a problem, same if it's not compatible with patches that FF3usME provides. Can any of you confirm that it actually work without issues when applied to 1.0? I feel like I'm the only one actually testing the patch.

Edit: Just tested with a clean FF3 1.0 ROM and it freezes exactly the same way with the same random behavior. Like I said, this is somewhat hard to reproduce because it can go without problems and suddenly decide to crash after 20min. Gonna have to disable this patch until problem is fixed.
  Find

Threads: 11
Status
Well-Fed
I'm working 16 hour days at a con this weekend, but will (try to) dive into this at the start of the week. I thought I'd fixed the monster casting thing, but I can see now where I messed that up. (It's still better than I'd had in an earlier unreleased draft, at least? XD )

It's definitely written for 1.0; I haven't tested on 1.1 at all and I don't know enough about the differences to know where it might cause any problems. I'll take a look and do some further testing on Monday, though, and see if I can duplicate that crashing, Warrax -- if I can find when it happens, I can probably track down what's causing it. From what you're describing, it sounds to me like a specific monster ability (or set of monster abilities?) may be crashing it, since it's the same fight and presumably the same monsters causing the problem. I'll play through to the same bit of Sabin's scenario that you mentioned and see if I get the same issues.

As for sorting order, that's all handled long before you get to my condensing code, so unless I've missed something massive, it will properly maintain whichever sorting order you have selected.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GrayShadows for this post:
  • Warrax (09-24-2017)