Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6Tools - Browser-Based ROM Editor

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(02-11-2021, 01:19 AM)Rodimus Primal Wrote: That would incredible if it all could be done with not only FF6, but the other games FF6Tools is compatible with. Especially the other two SNES games.

Most of the improvements will automatically work with all of the other games since it's all built on the same code. The only game-specific things that would need to be done separately for each game are adding missing event commands/parameters, and making better command descriptions.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • Rodimus Primal (03-02-2022)

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Aftermath
this is my DM to @Madsiur

Hello I have problem to FF6tools I've tweaked the name of the moves and enemy's AI script and saved
but when I testing the game I modified the Magitek command got freeze I check carefully before saved
is there I messed up?!

and btw if you're asking me what saved I did I choose either Relocate or Optimize
but it showing "Unable to save try optimizing or expand" and yes I using GBA rom version of FF6.

Is there anyway to fix it?!
  Find

Status
None
It sounds like the AI script is overflowing and possibly corrupting some data. Unfortunately FF6 Advance is not as well supported in FF6Tools as the SNES/SFC versions, and the AI scripts can't currently be relocated. This probably explains why it isn't saving correctly. If you're making changes to the AI script, I would recommend deleting any superfluous script commands so that it doesn't overflow. When you get the pop-up window that asks you to relocate or optimize, try to modify the AI script to reduce its size.
  Find

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Aftermath
But how I modify the AI scripts to reduce the size I only replace the bosses's moves and abilities nothing else.
and also if you plan to update FF6Tools would you added AI scripts for Final Fantasy V SNES/Advance version?!

still I newbie this tools you made Sad
  Find

Status
None
Okay, maybe the AI script is not the problem then. It could also be that one of the string tables is overflowing because you modified the attack names. FF6Tools unfortunately can't expand or relocate the string tables for FF6 Advance, and it's unlikely that it will ever be able to. If you shorten some text strings it should allow you to save though.

I do plan to add FF5 AI scripts at some point. If you'd like to try to make changes manually with a hex editor, there is some information here: https://web.archive.org/web/202004141213...AI_scripts
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(01-18-2019, 11:47 PM)Everything Wrote:
  • Search for "worldGraphics2" and change its "range" to "0xEF7D07-0xEF9D17"
  • Search for "worldLayout2" and change its "range" to "0xEF4A46-0xEF7D07"

A more detailed guide on how to fix this would be appreciated. I go back and forth between USme & FF6tools and am afflicted with this.

What I have done is: I opened the json file, plugged in the numbers in those specific points, saved the json file.

Load up the ROM in ff6Tools from the same folder with the json file and……… nothing. Shrug It's not applying. What obvious step(s) am I missing?
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
When you opened the file in FF6Tools and it asked you to select a definition of the unrecognized ROM, did you make sure to click the Browse button at the bottom and then select the .json file?

Assuming you did, it's possible the addresses you need to use are different. FF3USME moves the compressed overworld data around as it needs to based on the modules you use. No matter where they're moved, the pointers to those destinations will stay in the same places.

0xEEB212 (File address 2EB212) is the pointer that tells the game where the World of Balance map start. If you look in a hex editor, there'll be two little-endian strings of three hex values each which correspond to the start and stop addresses. For instance, in my project, these values are C1 10 EF 50 32 EF, indicating that the range should be set to EF10C1-EF3250 for compatibility with FF6Tools.

Likewise, 0xEEB21E is the offset for the World of Ruin map start, and 0xEEB22A is the offset for the Serpent's Trench.

Hope this helps.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • Everything (06-30-2023)

Status
None
(06-29-2023, 07:10 PM)C-Dude Wrote: When you opened the file in FF6Tools and it asked you to select a definition of the unrecognized ROM, did you make sure to click the Browse button at the bottom and then select the .json file?

Assuming you did, it's possible the addresses you need to use are different.  FF3USME moves the compressed overworld data around as it needs to based on the modules you use.  No matter where they're moved, the pointers to those destinations will stay in the same places.

0xEEB212 (File address 2EB212) is the pointer that tells the game where the World of Balance map start.  If you look in a hex editor, there'll be two little-endian strings of three hex values each which correspond to the start and stop addresses.  For instance, in my project, these values are C1 10 EF 50 32 EF, indicating that the range should be set to EF10C1-EF3250 for compatibility with FF6Tools.

Likewise, 0xEEB21E is the offset for the World of Ruin map start, and 0xEEB22A is the offset for the Serpent's Trench.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again, C-Dude! The Browse button? Duh. It worked!

(You helped me about 2 years ago, the last time I needed help.)

Now with that fixed, I am getting a game crashing bug whenever I edit anything in the event script in FF6Tools. I mean anything. If I simply make a dialog box text only, that's all it takes.  I can edit everything else just fine, from items, to monsters, to dialog, but not the Event Script.

What happens if I do edit anything in the Event Script in FF6Tools. When I go to take Sabin to see Banon in the WoR to learn Bum Rush - the party members turn pinkish and one leaps off of the screen, then the game crashes. You ever run into this?
  Find

Status
None
I'm not sure what would cause this to happen. Is the bum rush scene the only crash that has happened? Can you describe the crash in more detail? When exactly during the scene does the crash happen? It would be very helpful if you could identify the address in the event script where things go wrong.

Can you describe what other changes you've made to the ROM? As you've probably realized, editors don't always play nice with one another, so if you've been going back and forth between FF3usME and FF6Tools it's not too surprising that there are some issues.
  Find

Status
None
(06-30-2023, 02:22 PM)Everything Wrote: I'm not sure what would cause this to happen. Is the bum rush scene the only crash that has happened? Can you describe the crash in more detail? When exactly during the scene does the crash happen? It would be very helpful if you could identify the address in the event script where things go wrong.

Can you describe what other changes you've made to the ROM? As you've probably realized, editors don't always play nice with one another, so if you've been going back and forth between FF3usME and FF6Tools it's not too surprising that there are some issues.

Yeah, I was hoping it was a common bug that many hackers/modders have run into and wouldn't require a deep dive.

So the changes are extensive.  I have about 120 gameplay/QOL/Bugfix patches. But I used Leetscetchers patch conflict finder to make sure there were 0 conflicts before proceeding forward. (There were a few that did conflict when I first ran the app, so I obviously took them out to make sure I was at 0 conflicts.)

I played through the game twice fully just to make sure everything was fine and working.

From there,  I began making my edits, some from UsMe, some from FF6Tools. Many playthroughs later never had any issues, but also never touched the Event Script.

Then a couple months back I decided I wanted to do a little bit more with it, and started to edit things within the Event Script in FF6Tools. (Text only for some dialog boxes, Move dialog to bottom screen, combining redundant dialogs to save space, etc.) Everything was going swimmingly as it always had, until I went to see Duncan in the WoR.

At first I though it might be a particular buggy address, but I quickly found out if I touched any address in the Event Script this would happen.

I've tested my 120+ patched ROM w/no edits in either USme or FF6Tools, changed the order of CA/F582 in FF6Tools (moved go to the Floating Continent to the bottom), works fine. So it isn't any of the patches to the ROM, I've made that causes this.

BUT

If I use USme --> import my dialog back in, and edit the letter tiles (As they are to wide, I like to shave a pixel off.) Then make the change to CA/F582, (or anything in the event script, this is just an example) I get the bug.

It will crash right when Duncan pops out of his cabin. Around CC/0C05--CC/0C24

https://imgur.com/a/LHHrcCE
  Find