Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Version 1.0.7 is up.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
The download on my site is still at 1.0.5... I'll update it in the morning when I get home from work.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
So, this looks fantastic and I've read through the ReadMe multiple times to make sure I know what's going on, but I can't get the patched ROM to work. I've tried 4 different ROMs and most of them don't start at all, so I assumed that was an issue with them not having the header and didn't use them. I got one to work, but as soon as I get in to the first battle in Narshe the emulator locks up, crashes, or restarts the game (depending on whether I use ZSNES, SNES9x for PC or SNES9x for my phone). It doesn't seem to be tied specifically to any particular action I take during the battle because sometimes it happens before I do anything and sometimes I can select an action. I haven't been able to see any attacks go off though, friend or foe, so it might be happening when anyone in the battle attacks. Also, the unpatched ROM works just fine. Is there any help anyone can give?
  Find

Status
None
If the game doesn't start up at all, the ROM you've patched isn't headered.

If the game is crashing at the first battle, you're using a version 1.1 ROM. This hack will only work with version 1.0.

In the future I'm going to start including a patch for non-headered ROMs, but unfortunately it's not feasible to create a patch for version 1.1 due to some of our more significant modifications.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
Huh. Well the one the made it to the first battle was labeled as 1.0, but that must be inaccurate. I'll do some more looking. Thanks!
  Find

Status
None
A lot of ROMs are mis-labeled, and unfortunately there is no real easy way to tell what version you have. I think ZSNES might display the version when you boot the unmodified game up, but I'm not sure.

I suppose I could try to work on a patch that will convert a version 1.1 ROM to 1.0...

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
Well I found an application to add a header to a header-less 1.0 ROM and it seems to be working without issues. Thanks for your help figuring out the issue!
  Find

Status
None
What changes in FFIII US in 1.1 from 1.0?

-STUFF AS OF 1.0.7-

If Strago is in my party, what determines if he learns a Lore?

What determines if a weapon I attack with activates its special? (For example, what determines if my Morning Star activates its auto-kill ability?)

I raged Zombone and used Boner to kill a Bomb. Then that Bomb used Exploder and did 0 damage to my party. Huh?

What's the Mystery Veil do? "Random spellcasting up" doesn't tell me much!

Shadow: He seems way too weak when I get him again on the Floating Continent. The difficulty seems set for 4 well-prepared characters. Shadow... isn't. Before this continent, I never faced so many character deaths, nor deaths by one person. Shadow is, in short, a liability. Even with everyone in the back row and him learning from Phantom. Can you... start him with s'more HP or/and physical attack? He seems like the least useful character in the game come the continent.
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
(06-13-2013, 07:34 PM)Endarire Wrote: If Strago is in my party, what determines if he learns a Lore?

As long as Strago isn't blind, stoned, muddled, asleep, a zombie, or dead, he'll learn it.

(06-13-2013, 07:34 PM)Endarire Wrote: What determines if a weapon I attack with activates its special? (For example, what determines if my Morning Star activates its auto-kill ability?)

It's a straight 1/4 chance (unless the target is undead, in which case the insta-kill *always* activates) for all effects except for random Wind Slash/Aero, which has a 1/2 chance.

The "random spellcast rate up" property (Mystery/Oath Veil and all rods) raise the odds of a random spellcast from 1/4 to 1/2.

(06-13-2013, 07:34 PM)Endarire Wrote: I raged Zombone and used Boner to kill a Bomb. Then that Bomb used Exploder and did 0 damage to my party. Huh?

Zombie works the same way on enemies as it does on your party.

Status
None
Must Strago be hit with a Lore to learn it? If not, what must happen?
  Find