Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thingies as of 1.0.5!

1: Do spears ignore row for damage calculations? Mog is dual wielding a Full Moon and a Stout Spear and, without criticals, the Full Moon is, well, mooning the spear in damage. Around 2:1.

2: Is there a significant advantage to having Cyan use 'Fight' compared to Dispatch?

3: In Brave New World, is there enough space on the Esper screen to say how much of each stat I gain? For example, Kirin gives +30 HP/+2 Stamina.

4: When draining HP/MP, how much do I drain? The limit seems to be the amount of HP or MP I'm down, but at least with Empowerer, I don't get a full refill. Hmm.

5: Does having at least 1 Moogle in the party increase the time before I can take my first turn in battle?

6: Should it instead be called the Returners' Hideout? (It's now Returner's.)

7: When I talk to the airship healers (the ones who heal my current party), can they also heal everyone aboard the ship? It's a convenience thing, and it would make it like Chrono Trigger's End of Time healing beacon.

8: Shouldn't it be Dusk Requiem? If so, this typo was also in the original.

9: When Terra reaches the Sealed Gate, shouldn't Mog also say something?

10: Sealed Cave: Did I miss anything significant by not stealing from the Ninja near the save point?

11: Sealed Cave: I got every chest I knew about but found no Coin Toss nor Atma Weapon. Did they move?

12: "Consumes MP for Critical Hits" weapons: Shouldn't they only consume MP if they hit? Celes used a Rune Edge, I got the critical hit screen flash, and she missed! Oh, and I lost MP. (This was pre 1.0.5.)

13: Imperial Banquet: Did y'all change any of the responses to get the best stuff? I spoke with 24 soldiers and just followed standard operating procedure for dealing with the banquet.
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Quote:1: Do spears ignore row for damage calculations? Mog is dual wielding a
Full Moon and a Stout Spear and, without criticals, the Full Moon is,
well, mooning the spear in damage. Around 2:1.

Spears ignore row, yes. I would attribute at least part of what you're seeing to the fact that the Full Moon is a significantly more powerful weapon than the Stout Spear is (by the time you have Mog, the Stout Spear is quite outdated).

Quote:2: Is there a significant advantage to having Cyan use 'Fight' compared to Dispatch?

One, it's targetable. Two, several of Cyan's weapons have random casts. Of particular note is that the Kazekiri's random Wind Slashes are affected by the inherent "Gauntlet" bonus that Cyan gets from holding it with both hands, making it a pretty decent (and Cyan's only, for that point in the game) MT attack.

Quote:3: In Brave New World, is there enough space on the Esper screen to say
how much of each stat I gain? For example, Kirin gives +30 HP/+2
Stamina.

There is not, unfortunately. This is something I'd like to see fix, but that would be Synchysi's territory.

Quote:4: When draining HP/MP, how much do I drain? The limit seems to be the
amount of HP or MP I'm down, but at least with Empowerer, I don't get a
full refill. Hmm.

All drain attacks have a power just like any other cap, but more often than not it's going to be the amount of HP you're down that caps the damage dealt. Empowerer is a physical attack, so what you're probably doing is using it against enemies with high physical defense.

Quote:5: Does having at least 1 Moogle in the party increase the time before I can take my first turn in battle?

No. What made you think that was the case?

Quote:6: Should it instead be called the Returners' Hideout? (It's now Returner's.)

Yeah, it should be. I don't recall changing it, but fixing it is easy enough.

Quote:8: Shouldn't it be Dusk Requiem? If so, this typo was also in the original.

Yeah, this has been pointed out to me already. I'll fix it for 1.0.6.

Quote:9: When Terra reaches the Sealed Gate, shouldn't Mog also say something?

I suppose. Though if he said anything, it just be "Kupo!" (Mog is kind of an ass like that).

Quote:10: Sealed Cave: Did I miss anything significant by not stealing from the Ninja near the save point?

No.

Quote:11: Sealed Cave: I got every chest I knew about but found no Coin Toss nor Atma Weapon. Did they move?

Yes.

Quote:12: "Consumes MP for Critical Hits" weapons: Shouldn't they only consume MP if they hit? Celes used a Rune Edge, I got the critical hit screen flash, and she missed! Oh, and I lost MP. (This was pre 1.0.5.)

It would make sense. I have no strong feelings one way or another on the matter.

Quote:13: Imperial Banquet: Did y'all change any of the responses to get the
best stuff? I spoke with 24 soldiers and just followed standard
operating procedure for dealing with the banquet.

We didn't change the positioning of any of the correct responses, though I reworded a few of them to make the "correct" ones a bit more obvious.

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
(06-10-2013, 04:11 AM)Endarire Wrote: 7: When I talk to the airship healers (the ones who heal my current party), can they also heal everyone aboard the ship? It's a convenience thing, and it would make it like Chrono Trigger's End of Time healing beacon.

I never even noticed that your active party members were the only ones he healed. I guess I could do this, though it's unlikely to make it into 1.0.6 (which we're already planning to fix a handful of fairly minor [and one not-so-minor] issues).

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
1.0.5 stuff!

[Image: Brave%20New%20World%20%28FFVI%20Mod%29_00019.png]
That's Albrook, by the way. Dunno why that green transparency is over the town. Can we fix it?

2: In Albrook when Leo is on the ship, the soldier in the bottom left says, "Once we find an esper, we'll be able to restore peace!" I... don't get it.

3: At the Imperial Banquet, Gestahl mentions the Espers flew off toward Crescent Mountain. I thought that was the name of the area where you enter Serpent Trench.

4: What differs between Active and Wait? I keep my stuff on Wait and it isn't like in Chrono Trigger where the wait is more noticeable.

5: I read the Readme, but how does Terra's STAM affect her Morph's recharge rate?

6: Did you intend Mog to be able to equip rods?

7: What do Safe and Shell do?

8: Can we get the Relic list alphabetized?

9: Thamasa Elder after boat landing: "Magic"? I don't know what youre talking about.

I'd make it: "Magic?" I don't know what you're talking about.

10: After beating the burning house in Thamasa, may we get a full party heal (HP/MP)?

11: On the Crescent Mountain near Thamasa, is it possible to catch Relm? What happens if so?

12: When Shadow leaves the party in Thamasa, can we immediately get back the gear instead of waiting for Relm to join?

13: If a character is removed from a fight via Sneeze, and I win the fight, does the removed character get the EXP? AP?

14: What are the effects of a reduced level, such as with Dischord?

15: Can we get at least something for beating Ultros once Relm joins? It's a surprisingly hard fight, and 10 AP sounds nice. (It's the same amount as beating Heartfire, and Heartfire was easier due to Aqua Rake spam.)

16: After Thamasa, can you ensure the world map is on? (It seems off by default.)
  Find

Status
None
Quote:That's Albrook, by the way. Dunno why that green transparency is over the town. Can we fix it?

[Image: mlfw1475_small.jpg]

Quote:2: In Albrook when Leo is on the ship, the soldier in the bottom left
says, "Once we find an esper, we'll be able to restore peace!" I...
don't get it.

Neither do I. That line is unchanged from the original game.

Quote:3: At the Imperial Banquet, Gestahl mentions the Espers flew off toward
Crescent Mountain. I thought that was the name of the area where you
enter Serpent Trench.

It is. Crescent ISLAND is the place right next to it. I always found it to be poorly named (perhaps even mistranslated).

Quote:5: I read the Readme, but how does Terra's STAM affect her Morph's recharge rate?

Terra's "morph" meter is a hidden 8-bit value (0-255) that "recharges" by a rate of 1/4 her stamina at the end of each battle (previously, it was 2x the number of magic points received). At 16, morph becomes usable.

Quote:6: Did you intend Mog to be able to equip rods?

Yeah.

Quote:7: What do Safe and Shell do?

Reduce physical and magical damage by 1/3, respectively. Same as in the original game.

Quote:8: Can we get the Relic list alphabetized?

I'm not sure I understand the question. You mean in-game?

Quote:11: On the Crescent Mountain near Thamasa, is it possible to catch Relm? What happens if so?

I can't say that I've ever had the desire to grab Relm... and that's probably a good thing.

In any case, no,

Quote:13: If a character is removed from a fight via Sneeze, and I win the fight, does the removed character get the EXP? AP?

Negative.

Quote:14: What are the effects of a reduced level, such as with Dischord?

*Discord

Level is a major part of damage calculation, both physical and magical.

Quote:15: Can we get at least something
for beating Ultros once Relm joins? It's a surprisingly hard fight, and
10 AP sounds nice. (It's the same amount as beating Heartfire, and
Heartfire was easier due to Aqua Rake spam.)

You get Relm Smile

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
Version 1.0.6 is now available for download. Additionally, a link has been added to the bottom of the original post to a review by one of the early downloaders of the release version. It does a good job of summarizing most of what we were going for in the mod.

Quote:That's Albrook, by the way. Dunno why that green transparency is over the town. Can we fix it?

I can't duplicate it, so not really. There are two potential causes I can think of:

1. You're patching over old versions. If this is the case, try patching a fresh ROM with 1.0.6 and see if it still occurs.
2. We ran into a problem in beta testing where we overflowed the graphical buffer, which for whatever reason messed with my ZSNES settings. If #1 isn't the case, send me your zsnes.cfg file (if you use ZSNES) and I'll see if I can find anything amiss.

Quote:4: What differs between Active and Wait? I keep my stuff on Wait and it isn't like in Chrono Trigger where the wait is more noticeable.

With the Wait setting, any time you're in a menu (item, magic, lore, whatever), all ATB timers stop for every other battle participant. It's probably not as noticeable because the pace of combat in this hack is pretty slow.

Quote:8: Can we get the Relic list alphabetized?

Well, you can sort it yourself. Having it auto-sort alphabetically would probably involve re-writing the sort function, which is not something I'm terribly keen on doing.

Quote:10: After beating the burning house in Thamasa, may we get a full party heal (HP/MP)?

The inn costs 1 GP. Sweat

Quote:12: When Shadow leaves the party in Thamasa, can we immediately get back the gear instead of waiting for Relm to join?

I guess this is doable. It'll end up low enough on my list of priorities that I can't say when I'll get around to it.

Quote:16: After Thamasa, can you ensure the world map is on? (It seems off by default.)

I don't know. Maybe? I don't think there's an event command to toggle the minimap.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
About the Albrook bug, i have encountered it before on a non-hacked rom, so thats probably an issue with the emulator i guess.
Edit: I rechecked just to be sure, and, although the rom wasnt hacked, the saved game were.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Status
None
(06-11-2013, 09:24 PM)daemoth Wrote: About the Albrook bug, i have encountered it before on a non-hacked rom, so thats probably an issue with the emulator i guess.
Edit: I rechecked just to be sure, and, although the rom wasnt hacked, the saved game were.

Well, that takes care of that, then. Hit

Status
None
Any serious plans to turn the Floating Continent into a 2- or 3-party event? That seems so cool and would disorient new players into thinking the game's over at that point.
  Find

Status
None
I had an idea pretty early on in development, but implementing it is *much* easier said than done.