Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
When Games Collide.. (remade)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Redoing a hacking project that consists of bringing all my childhood memories into one RPG.  Other project scrapped due to palette problems.  This is mostly a graphical hack but I will be trying to learn custom events as soon as most monsters and sprites are complete. I've been working on it for about 3 years and all I have done was mostly sprite work lol.  I am trying to change 80%+ of all the sprites but it is taking a long time.  Really tough  balancing family and games.  Moving forward, in this hack espers will be replaced by Demons, Monsters, and basically all creatures from different games.  Skills will also be swapped around after getting more feedback.  Custom magic animations and weapons will also be made (bombs, hammer, etc).  Patches I will be adding are as follows:  Faster swdtech, 32k damage patch, dance never fumbles, and probably a few music ones that Gi Nattak made.

Special guest/npc/enemy appearances:  Birdo, Falco, Saturns, Zero Suit Samus, Pokey, Wario, Waluigi, Snifit, Shy Guy, and more coming..

The following sprite sheets that have been made  by me personally in ff6 style : Ryu, Bomberman, Yoshi, Mario, Excitebike, Sonic, Dragon Form, Ness, Samus, Boy, Goomba, Crono, Bub,  Koopa, Basalisx, Megaman, Bowser, DK and Bobombs.  Link sprite sheet was made by Feok, Fairy sprite by Poco Loco.

Goomba and Link portraits done by JamesWhite89.  Other portraits have been just ripped and recolored by me. 

[Image: IJMQqmH.png]
[Image: ZVaAbQ6.png]

Terra replaced by Ryu (Breath of Fire II)  - Reworked Morph command "Big Dragon Form"  Transform to gain different skills, unlimited bar, (might remove double damage or def)
[Image: NfSr7dx.png]
Locke replaced by Bomberman (Super Bomberman 4) -  Throw command  (custom skeans to try and make it more appealing)
[Image: FkkxwWk.png]
Edgar replaced by Yoshi (Super Mario Bros) - Smash (blitz)
[Image: QiYgpwA.png]
Sabin replaced by Mario (Super Mario Bros)  - Jump and slots
[Image: 2ImXibT.png]
Setzer replaced by Rider (Excitebike)  - Excite(tools)
[Image: pQaC8nv.png]
Gau replaced by Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog)  Rage
[Image: axTo01U.png]
Strago replaced by Link (Legend of Zelda)  - Lore
[Image: IHbEoDb.png]
Banon replaced by Ness (Earthbound)  - Gp rain
[Image: 8Z3bUgG.png]
Celes as Samus in Varia suit  (Super Metroid)  - Runic -> to Shock with relic
[Image: i7zGCbu.png]
Shadow replaced by Boy (Secret Of Evermore) -  possess tweek*
 [Image: 3jV4w0L.png]
Imp replaced by Goomba (Super Mario Bros)
[Image: 9pjHysW.png]
Cyan replaced by Crono (Chrono Trigger) - Swdtech (custom animations)
[Image: JpURAFL.png]
Mog replaced by Bub (Bubble Bobble) - Dance
[Image: VIcZlRy.png]
Relm replaced by Girlish Navi (Legend of Zelda)  - sketch -> lifeup with relic
[Image: 6vwdI6I.png]

Soldiers replaced by Koopas (Super Mario Bros)
[Image: XXlzb7T.png]

Leo replaced by Basalisx (Super Mario Bro Z)
[Image: RK6UEah.png]
Gogo as Megaman X (Megaman X) - mimic
[Image: tslVBnG.png]
Umaro as Donkey Kong (Retro Donkey Kong)
[Image: IU6YMJR.png]
Ghosts as Bombs (Super Mario Bros)
[Image: g3d3bDl.png]

Kefka replaced by Bowser (Super Mario Bros)

Gestahl replaced by Baby Bowser (Paper Mario)
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Looks like fun, looking forward to seeing it complete.

What do you mean by "palette problems" just out of curiosity.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
I tried sharing a palette that didn't work properly in overworld,  So I had to change whole lineup. Also had to change a few npcs around to make story make more sense.
  Find

Status
Zombie
Ah, yeah I need to quit being lazy and finish finding a solution to problems like that. Have to wonder how much cool stuff the hacking world is missing out on because spriters hitting that rock.

Back on topic, if your getting Bomber Man to throw bombs and such, is DK gonna throw barrels?

Don't know if I'd replace the Throw character attack (its to fitting) but maybe turn blizzard into throwing barrels... tis a thought if you don't already have plans.

Find

Status
Mental-Break
(02-07-2016, 04:20 PM)Catone Wrote: Ah, yeah I need to quit being lazy and finish finding a solution to problems like that.  Have to wonder how much cool stuff the hacking world is missing out on because spriters hitting that rock.

Back on topic, if your getting Bomber Man to throw bombs and such, is DK gonna throw barrels?

Don't know if I'd replace the Throw character attack (its to fitting) but maybe turn blizzard into throwing barrels... tis a thought if you don't already have plans.

Yea that's why Luigi is stuck with brown pants and Samus with blue eyewear and blaster. 

Hmm..  Dk could throw barrels.  Storm looks like a hard skill to edit though, no idea what it looks like in yychr.  Or maybe I can change fire dance into barrels and assign that spell animation rather.

But I am thinking about using your possess patch Catone...  kinda hesitant because I don't know how it will affect my other characters' lists of magitek skills though.

One thing I do need though for sure is save states of certain weapon palettes (along with index palette number).  Unless there is a way to pull up all palettes on yychr that I do not know about.  If anyone can help with that, it would be greatly appreciated.  

Another patch is Hatzens custom skeans I'm interested in.  He sent me a PM on how changing the batting power will change the animation but I don't know what each spell index animation is 1-255.  Is that the same order of spells in FFUSME?  If anyone has a link to a list of each spell in order that would be nice as well.  Maybe I found it? ->http://mnrogar.slickproductions.org/hacking/spell_graphics_data.txt

Another thing, more suggestions is highly encouraged.  Different names of commands, maybe throw into bombard? What to change magiteks name to...  blitz.. dance..  skeans..  etc
  Find

Status
Zombie
As for my possess patch, other than having to go back and edit the list manually, it shouldn't effect the normal MagiTek, well other than the starting spell number since I backed that up to include Blitz spells and such. Even that wouldn't effect it unless you were planning on using monster atracks that are near the very end of the spell list. The only real limitation was you'd have to choose a range of... aprox 230ish spells that all the menus would be limited to. Even then I think (not looking at the numbers so just guessing) could almost get everything from Summons to Lore in a range, Maybe even some White Magic to Lore spells.

Eitherway, let me know if your going to attempt to use it and I'll help the best I can remember or translate my notes if some adjustments are needed.

As for throwing Barrels... I was thinking mimic the normal throw character command, but yeah you'd still have to trick it into throwing a barrel graphic instead of a PC. Not sure where you'd load the barrel graphic or what you would load it as, a spell? A sprite... hrm.

Eh, you'll kick its ass just a matter of time. Still, "good luck" just in case ya need it.

Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
hey man do u want some more ports? liking where this project is heading pal feels a bit like super smash bros vi Wink

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Quote:He sent me a PM on how changing the batting power will change the animation but I don't know what each spell index animation is 1-255.  Is that the same order of spells in FFUSME?

Yes, it is. You can check the spells identifier in ff3usme. In the spells tab, It is the spell number for the selected spell.

Quote:If anyone has a link to a list of each spell in order that would be nice as well.  Maybe I found it? ->http://mnrogar.slickproductions.org/hacking/spell_graphics_data.txt

Yes, it is all the 255 spells in the spells tab, in sequential order. It doesn't have their identifier but you can calculate from the offset or enumerate them in sequential order. The spell number 0 is fire, the spell number 1 is ice, the spell number 2 is bolt, etc.
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
(02-08-2016, 12:50 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: hey man do u want some more ports? liking where this project is heading pal feels a bit like super smash bros vi Wink

thanks, I still need npcs that work on my palettes.  If you have any close to em ill take em Laugh

(02-08-2016, 01:56 PM)HatZen08 Wrote:
Quote:He sent me a PM on how changing the batting power will change the animation but I don't know what each spell index animation is 1-255.  Is that the same order of spells in FFUSME?

Yes, it is. You can check the spells identifier in ff3usme. In the spells tab, It is the spell number for the selected spell.

Quote:If anyone has a link to a list of each spell in order that would be nice as well.  Maybe I found it? ->http://mnrogar.slickproductions.org/hacking/spell_graphics_data.txt

Yes, it is all the 255 spells in the spells tab, in sequential order. It doesn't have their identifier but you can calculate from the offset or enumerate them in sequential order. The spell number 0 is fire, the spell number 1 is ice, the spell number 2 is bolt, etc.

Thanks for clearing it up

(02-07-2016, 10:32 PM)Catone Wrote: As for my possess patch, other than having to go back and edit the list manually, it shouldn't effect the normal MagiTek, well other than the starting spell number since I backed that up to include Blitz spells and such. Even that wouldn't effect it unless you were planning on using monster atracks that are near the very end of the spell list. The only real limitation was you'd have to choose a range of... aprox 230ish spells that all the menus would be limited to. Even then I think (not looking at the numbers so just guessing) could almost get everything from Summons to Lore in a range, Maybe even some White Magic to Lore spells.

Eitherway, let me know if your going to attempt to use it and I'll help the best I can remember or translate my notes if some adjustments are needed.

As for throwing Barrels... I was thinking mimic the normal throw character command, but yeah you'd still have to trick it into throwing a barrel graphic instead of a PC. Not sure where you'd load the barrel graphic or what you would load it as, a spell? A sprite... hrm.

Eh, you'll kick its ass just a matter of time. Still, "good luck" just in case ya need it.

Thanks,  I'll let you know when I'm working on skills.
  Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
was gonna offer to make you some portraits all in the same style instead of some of the rips. its cool though they all good good as is. Not sure tbh all my mk ones used very specif pallets.. id just carry on with the super nintendo theme for your npcs. look forward to seeing progress on this hack.

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess