Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 The Dimensional Gate

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Libra
[Image: 34pm0sm.jpg]

*ATTENTION* This thread will get a major Edit tomorrow; This is a direct copy of my years old thread since i had discontinued this project for almost 2 years now but decided to get back to it and finish it. In the last 4 weeks I have done alot of work and have redone most of the maps below to feature less symmetry (as to popular demand) and am also done with 90% of the events. I have therefore started on working on the main part of the Mod which are the Boss scrips. PS: when i started this project i was, looking back, very immature and very resistant to even constructive criticism; let me assure you this has changed, so I am happy to adress any and every criticizsm/input I can get, just let me know!

Now what is the Dimensional Gate?

Its a Place in the WoR that has "Wormholes" to many different locations of Time-Space, each containing A new Superboss (and a little pseudo dungeon/map to make it feel less random though with the emphasis is on little since the main objective will be the bosses, hence the previous name Boss exhibition). Upon Defeating all of them, a Ripple will open containing the final, and Ultimate boss(es) of the hack.

About 24 are planned not including the final area which will contain a surprise if i manage to pull it off.

Why?

Since I love the idea of Superbosses in general (Who doesn't love a challenge in his favorite game (yes VI probably is mine). I remember the first time i encountered Ruby weapon (though VII not being my favorite it was my first encounter with an over the top boss since Atma and the dragons barely are any harder than normal bosses in ff VI) not knowing what to expect I was like wtf is this... which makes defeating them the more satisfying) and don't rly like the idea of adding bosses on random encounters on the world map (like the popular dinosaur forest bosses) since they feel so out of place. So i wanted to add a series of challenges, with at least an absolute minimum of "story", game integration and progression, and also because I feel that apart the 1 million hp challenge there are very few superbosses to download that are really comparable to the ff7 weapons (or penance and the dark Aons etc etc).

How?

An Ips will be released that will require a Savegame of an Unmodded game (Apart character player sprite edits and skill animation edits)ANYWHERE in the WoR (everyone should have one of those I guess), so you will be able to use your own endgame party. This is due to the fact that i will make use of Edited WoB maps and monsters which will make it impossible to play the game from start with the hack installed. This shouldnt pose any problem though.

Screens (Updated)
[Image: rl9keu.jpg] [Image: 68c2uv.jpg] [Image: 2ccv8cx.jpg]
[Image: 2irsshe.jpg] [Image: 4trib7.jpg] [Image: 168yf14.jpg]
The big machine aswell as the Dimension background look both alot better when moving. And this Boss will have another background.

*Update 1* Gate teaser

All "bosses" mentioned below are Mechs (lets say non organic) To fit into the tiny story, and into the setting of the All-technological Gate. The real and various bosses the Zone itself leads to, will of course be all kinds, since ripples there will allow to warp to different Timespace zones allowing any type of enemy since they can lead anywhere. But I figured In the Gate There should be only Mechs since.. well i don't wanna go into the story yet =), Also obviously the zones bosses will Be the real heart of the mod and way tougher than the Gates Bosses. Well Enjoy.

Oh and most of these machines are actually moving so it looks way better Ingame.

Ancient Cave Ripple
[Image: 2czdf2s.jpg]
Entrance of the Gate (one boss will guard the Door, and He will also introduce the player to what the gate is, where it comes from and basic story including why you cant proceed)
[Image: mtra8.jpg]
First Room with Engines Left and right branches (the dead ends) will contain a boss each, required to kill before taking on the boss guarding the door
[Image: 351ti7r.jpg]
Stairs, Duh
[Image: 2ngbde8.jpg]
Main engines, Left and right dead End Will contain a boss each required to kill to proceed to the gate
[Image: id7zac.jpg]
Warp room, where the power of all these engines/rooms comes together The Create the Wormhole, Will contain one last Boss guarding the telepod Leading to the interdimensional Zone with all the ripples leading to the real bosses.
Biggest story chunk will follow when entering the InterDim. Zone, and there the challenge really begins. But no worries every mech in the gate will provide a bigger challenge than the hardest legit fight in the original game still, and unless any original Ingame enemy, each of them definitely can kill a top tier party if youre not acting carefully.

Also if not obvious, to make it feel realer, Each boss in the whole hack is Onetime only and the progress is Savable. You can therefor enter, fight as far as you come until it gets too difficult, leave and level up or whatever and come back at a later point and keep going. You can reach the dimensional zone with a normal party but from then apart the obvious emphasis on tricky Scripts, stat maxing will nonetheless be imperative to keep going. This might increase the motivation to max stats for some since in the original game even though you are able to, there rly is no use in doing so.

Hope you like it.

*Update 2* Dimensional Zone Teaser

Now Here it is, the Main Interdimensional zone. This was WAY more work than it looks like because that tileset is a b*t*h. About 15-17 hours went into this map. Mostly due to small details, just check out the Tileset yourself. Anyhow The hardest mapping part is finally done. Only the small boss zones and the last zone left so give or take 5 days, mayb 6.Its a completely used 2048*1024 Map

Please click on the full resolution lick below this resize to watch it in full size.
[Image: 9urzvm.jpg]
Full resolution link click here
Concept/Explanation: The Blue and red dots are placeholders. The blue dots represent The Timespace ripples leading to the different boss zones and the red dots are the npc that will only let you pass into the next area of 5 after youve beaten a set of 5 bosses. Means you beat all 5 of the first level -> proceed to level 2. Same there -> level 3 -> same there and the big last mount gets unlocked which contains 1 more boss before entering the warp on top and then inside it are 2 more, the 2 last bosses. Meaning this map contains 15+1 = 16 bosses and after each 5 you can proceed to the next 5. The last zone will Have 2 as said and the Dimensional gate has 6. Totals out at 16+6+2= 24 Bosses By me in this hack. Guest bosses of people in the forum will get an extra room independent of the Story itself.

Also The background (all black areas) looks like this
[Image: 4trib7.jpg]
It moves so it looks pretty trippy, and(all is relative obviously ;P) "interdimensional", at least enough to leave me satisfied.

Soon the boss-scripting will begin.

Here's a Teaser of one of the Bosses; Randgrid. Original Artist will, like all, be credited in the game, permission to use is already obtained by the original Atist on Pixiv. Resizing it was a pain, the original sprite was 400*500 (oh and it had a mouse face lol). *edit* Please be fair and do not use this sprite until my hack is released, alot of work went into resizing and obtaining permission took quite some convincing (I'm mentioning this because something like that has happened to me before, though not romhacking related) The background will change obviously.
[Image: 168yf14.jpg]
sorry for the colors, hate zsnes screenshot function, but its probably my settings, dunno why its so dark/low in quality, only realised it now watching it, Ill figure it out and retake the screenshot tomorrow.

Cheers.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Terramano aka Manakaiser aka Seiken_X. Huh I never woulda guessed. Not sure if you remember the circumstances regarding your other accounts, but I will keep that out of this thread. I am glad to see this project was not abandoned forever, and that you managed to take the criticism about the map symetry constructively! It really is a nice project.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Libra
Yea I had two accounts and deserved the consequences there's no discrecy/secrecy required (Me and sutebenu;Zeemis weren't meant for each other to put it nicely and i Pulled the childish move to support "myself" In some arguments since I was new and and they were veterans. So I felt like my chances in an argument were biasd/limited against me, silly but oh well Tongue)

I Appreciate the motivating words. Cheers.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-01-2016, 05:56 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Terramano aka Manakaiser

This was the same account, just a name change after a few weeks. Your old project thread seems to be lost in the void, I was going to soft delete it but I can't find it.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Manakaiser? I thought the account was banned... is there a chance to be "resurrected" in this site or i'm missing something?   Surprised

I like this project and ever more the fact that it's quite at an advanced state of progresses, keep on this way!

PS. i'm pretty sure this won't happen(not even considered) but just in the case... if you would ever consider to use Ultimate Czar Dragon as guest boss or whatever, i'd suggest you to not do that, it's really heavy/difficult to implement all his AI in another hack, probably it's not even possible without doing some hex change that might affect stuff you'd not want to involve, anyway...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-02-2016, 03:57 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: is there a chance to be "resurrected" in this site or i'm missing something?   :

There is a chance if you let some time flow and appears to have your troll days behind you. At that point it's about an admins agreement or not, not an automatic thing.
  Find

Status
Libra
(01-02-2016, 03:57 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Manakaiser? I thought the account was banned... is there a chance to be "resurrected" in this site or i'm missing something?   Surprised

I like this project and ever more the fact that it's quite at an advanced state of progresses, keep on this way!

PS. i'm pretty sure this won't happen(not even considered) but just in the case... if you would ever consider to use Ultimate Czar Dragon as guest boss or whatever, i'd suggest you to not do that, it's really heavy/difficult to implement all his AI in another hack, probably it's not even possible without doing some hex change that might affect stuff you'd not want to involve, anyway...

As mentioned I not only planned but as a matter of fact have already created (all thats left is boss scrips and perfect some minor events) an area for guest bosses so to speak (and the space for them is quite extensive since I have decided to go with the "WoR savegame only" method which allows me to use ALL WoB only maps and mobs), but since your advice is not to use it i guess i cant say much else regarding this topic ( you can PM me anytime mentioning why implementing your boss would be so hard, I have made alot of hex room by abandoning all WoB resources)  :Tongue 

I apreciate the motivating words.
  Find