Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted!

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
not a bad idea at all

I had a similar idea in the sense of editing the narshe battle, I also wanted to add more soldiers but what I wanted to do was add a couple of narshe guards and returners into the battles to help you out, basically each group needs to have less then 4 chars in order to add a either a returner or narshe guard into the battle rosters

they will appear in battle and help the team out

obviously the difficulty would be much much more difficult but it was just an idea I had

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
The though of guard support had crossed my mind. At first I was thinking it might make it to easy to have the extra help, but after the map editing... well as of right now and with the 8 party members available (the 7 normal + Banon) it might be a little tough, maybe. In the very least I'd expect to need plenty of tonics and Sabin with Fire Dance (mostly just to have 3 evenly strong parties). I wasn't planning on making the enemy stronger in battle, but the sheer number and directions they can come from is another story.

The issue with adding guards (I'm not sure which would be cooler, Narsh guards or Returners) is how? I could do something similar to the moogle battle, but that battle didn't give you a party selection. Since it always has the same parties, they just force X characters into the party. The other issue would be having a full sprite sheet, might be able to get around that though.

I'm not sure if it is possible to check how many are in a party then add a guard or two if that party only had 1 or two normal members. I say 1 or 2 because three groups of 4 (even if some of them are just fillers) might make it to easy. Kinda want to force the player to choose balanced groups.

Or, might it be possible to add a character such as Umaro temp to the current party roster, with a guard sprite set. That would give 9 characters for three even groups, then disable Umaro after the battle. Hrm... gonna take some thinking.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I also advise, if possible, to make it so that it is impossible to camp a party right next to Banon and protect against all of the soldiers. Otherwise you could just have one party camp right at the start standing next to Banon, and walk wherever with an attack party without fear of repercussion. I can imagine a couple ways to deal with this, such as having a line of marked tiles at the top which the soldiers cannot cross or you lose (that is too large to camp with a party).

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Zombie
Definatly trying to remove any hope of camping, even more so the idea of camping with one party and killing with another. At a minimum I think I'll cut camping with three parties, you'd just end up getting swarmed with a never ending wave if you don't advance. Second, while I was opening the map to fit more PC's and several more soldiers (more so than I had first planned) I also opened up more paths for them to advance through. That should limit the ability to camp easly with two parties. Even with extra PCs and Health skill, an average level party, or at least one of them should eventually be overwelmed without help if you don't advance. I think I've also partially got it planned to bite you if you advance to fast, or with only one party. One strong party running ahead wont be able to stop everything from getting by, leaving the other two campers to get swarmed. Of course I'd also like to avoid traffic jams and pileups in general, but if the player tries to camp at all it probaly wont go well.

As of right now I'm going through the code that sets the parties in position and then to the part for character swapping before the battle for arranging equipment. Still looking forward to planning the actual assult. I mean REALLY looking forward to it.

Honestly, and I'm already working it out as I'm going through, I'm planning the attack from the Empire's side of the field. The only thing I don't want to do is increase the enemies stats in battle. That doesn't mean I won't resort to launching soldiers out of catapults or calling in the airforce. The Empire is getting a tactical upgrade, and more ideas from Kefka if need be.

Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
The easiest way to not allow the player to win using just one party is to make move soldier at twice of their original speed.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Zombie
The soldiers will defiantly be moving a little faster, (well at least with less stopping to smell the roses). As well as the first wave being designated as Shock Troopers, sprint across the field first in order to delay the enemy (you) long enough that the rest of the army can get into position. The rest will have some variation in speed in relation to their advance.

Anyway, currently I have most of the pre-battle setup (on the player's side and the Empire's). If all goes as planned (and so far everything seems to be lined out kinda), the Player will have the 7 standard characters: Terra, Locke, Cyan, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, and Gau.

As well as a fully functional, equipable, and by all accounts level-able before hand, Banon.

As well as one ghetto Returner soldier that... just takes up space... and dies alot. (There is one potential issue with this, the sprite naturally, getting it to work that is. Haven't successfully done that before.) If it goes as planned, he should turn up in the Party selection screen. (I say "should", meaning I have no clue why he would NOT show up.) The problem here all lies on the sprite issue. Ideas I have, a chance I have, what I don't have is the nerve to try it yet.

And good old, worthless, Arvis for a cheerleader. Ain't he just great? Might even make him dance for you because I'm just that damn good. (who am I kidding... be lucky if he don't show up without a head attached.)

So, that gives the Player, 9 characters (worst case, 8)... what does the enemy have? A whole lot more than that. Just hope it doesn't crash from all the chit running around...

After that, I think I've got all the rest of the pieces for the Battlefield found and accounted for. Just have to write it. THEN the fun part, quick testing to see if the battle is to my taste and doesn't result in a total meltdown, or instant zerg.

Next comes the cosmetic details. I think the extra PCs and NPCs should have to march their butt to the field just like everybody else. Maybe an extra cut scene or two, who knows. We'll just have to see what happens.

Summary: I have a plan, just a matter doing it.

Find