Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
When Games Collide.. (remade)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
(02-08-2016, 06:13 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: was gonna offer to make you some portraits all in the same style instead of some of the rips. its cool though they all good good as is. Not sure tbh all my mk ones used very specif pallets.. id just carry on with the super nintendo theme for your npcs. look forward to seeing progress on this hack.

Yea that would be awesome..  however I can't ask u to do that when I'm no where near complete.  Maybe in the future when I'm close.  I'd hate to ask for help n end up quiting due to family reasons.  Good looking out though! Wink
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i hear you hacking can be quite time consuming. this looks promising tho so i hope you dont haha. the offers there anyway

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Mental-Break
Few questions..  Anyone know the yychr offset for the command slot?  Also would like an opinion from someone who used the command slots a lot,  if lagomorph should be turned into an attack, buff, or self heal.
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 21
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I think the ROM offset for slots tiles is: 0x12F200
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to m06 for this post:
  • Badass (02-20-2016)

Status
Mental-Break
Anyone have a list of spells that are easy to sprite over in yychr? (easy like isn't chopped up in 15 different frames in weird order)

so far I have changed meteo, lagomorph, and slots.  
Currently trying to replace chocobop spell sprites but I having trouble working around a missing 8x8 box.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
While I can't help much, gotta say this is looking real nicely. I look forward to play this game, with villains like Pokey and fighting waves of Koopa Troopas, though I have to say I was more fond of the previous cast of characters...I understand the palette issues were probably impossible to work around, but still. It does kind of make me sad to see Ness go from a permanent character to a guest, though.

I think Lagomorph would work better as heal, or an attack. A buff might be too exploitable while minimal damage/healing is not

I notice Link and Bub both learn Lore...will both be able to learn spells if attacked? Was that doable? Not a veteran on LoZ, was Link usually seen using enemy abilities? Or Bub, for that matter? Unless you plan to have the "Lore List" to be abilities that fit both instead...just brainstorming here now xD

The only commands I see missing is Dance as well as Control... not sure if if fits, but Bub's bubbles do trap enemies, mmmmaybe something can be translated to Control...? Maybe not.

Mario with Jump and Slots is incredibly clever, 10/10

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Mental-Break
(03-23-2016, 05:21 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: While I can't help much, gotta say this is looking real nicely. I look forward to play this game, with villains like Pokey and fighting waves of Koopa Troopas, though I have to say I was more fond of the previous cast of characters...I understand the palette issues were probably impossible to work around, but still. It does kind of make me sad to see Ness go from a permanent character to a guest, though.

I think Lagomorph would work better as heal, or an attack. A buff might be too exploitable while minimal damage/healing is not

I notice Link and Bub both learn Lore...will both be able to learn spells if attacked? Was that doable? Not a veteran on LoZ, was Link usually seen using enemy abilities? Or Bub, for that matter? Unless you plan to have the "Lore List" to be abilities that fit both instead...just brainstorming here now xD

The only commands I see missing is Dance as well as Control... not sure if if fits, but Bub's bubbles do trap enemies, mmmmaybe something can be translated to Control...? Maybe not.

Mario with Jump and Slots is incredibly clever, 10/10

Thanks bro!  I really wanted to keep Ness along as well but it just seemed more fitting for him to be leader of the returners (Saturns) in my game.  I do kinda feel Ness would work better as Strago (with lore changed to PSI) though but not sure who would relm be... a saturn or butterfly?  Then I would have to pick a new returner as well.   My palette definitely restricts me from making Paula in place of relm though.  Only reason Link became Strago is due to the grand train skill that I can probably change to Tri-Force (white palette).  I honestly have never seen Link use monster abilities haha.. good point you made about that..  As for the Link and Bub both learning Lore..  that was a typo when I removed Luigi and switched around cast characters again, Bub should be with dance.  Hmm..  all characters are subject to change..  but deciding who should be expendable is difficult haha.  I appreciate your time and input!  Oo and I made lagomorph a heal that way you can mess up on purpose.
  Find

Status
Charmed
"My palette restricts me from using Paula"... that is not entirely "true", since you can assign a different palette with any character, really. usME gives you the power to change battle palettes, and single bite changes in the event script will change overworld palettes...from then on you'll have to change with LE if they appear as NPCs.

Code:
CB/DAEC: 43    Assign palette $03 to character $08 (Actor in stot 8)

I would go nuts with both Paula AND Ness as characters here. Ooh, Grand Train was actually used as "Triforce" in a YouTube Poop hack, I forgot about that xD Good one! Yes Bub fits the whole Dance routine.
And I agree, deciding on who is expendable is really hard. I wanted to change Gaston (my relm replacement) for Kumatora, y'know to add more gender diversity...but then Frollo (stargo replacement) will fell really empty without his bro.
Good you have your Lagomorph dilemma solved.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Mental-Break
(03-24-2016, 02:03 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: "My palette restricts me from using Paula"... that is not entirely "true", since you can assign a different palette with any character, really. usME gives you the power to change battle palettes, and single bite changes in the event script will change overworld palettes...from then on you'll have to change with LE if they appear as NPCs.

Code:
CB/DAEC: 43    Assign palette $03 to character $08 (Actor in stot 8)

I would go nuts with both Paula AND Ness as characters here. Ooh, Grand Train was actually used as "Triforce" in a YouTube Poop hack, I forgot about that xD Good one! Yes Bub fits the whole Dance routine.
And I agree, deciding on who is expendable is really hard. I wanted to change Gaston (my relm replacement) for Kumatora, y'know to add more gender diversity...but then Frollo (stargo replacement) will fell really empty without his bro.
Good you have your Lagomorph dilemma solved.

I don't have problems assigning the palette but rather not enough colors available within my range that I would need an extra palette.  I would use palette 6 but its used as a placeholder.  Only pink I have currently is on NPCs colors (last 4).  

I feel you with with gaston n frollo...  much easier to have characters that are already close that way you don't have to massively event edit everything.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Oh! Well, then, I'm afraid I can't do much. And here I was, hoping we could even work together in a FFVI sheet for Paula...oh well! xD

Still, if you need someone close to Ness/Leader of the Saturns...I can still throw some ideas, like the Apple Kid, or Dr. Andonuts...Jeff too. May even consider an unique Mr. Saturn character, lol.