Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
While I agree with Catone about keeping a lookout for that bug, you're not gonna get it from renaming items lol. No need to be that paranoid about checking for a broken Cure 3 spell animation just from renaming items or the like - I'm sure it's gonna be something you unintentionally did and not a bug with the program.

You never changed the spell targeting of any kind after asking about that? Or anything to do with spell graphics or spell intro animations? If you did and thought you had changed it back, I'd double and triple check. And you're sure it was just for Cure 3 and no other spell?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
I changed some item animations, but not spells.

It hasn't set me back too much, though. I've got the glitched rom open in one window and a fresh one in the other, just copy the item stats over.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-28-2016, 07:38 AM)Catone Wrote: Nah, using a debugger doesn't require asm knowledge. Actually being able to understand whats its telling you requires knowing something, but anybody can turn it on and drool on themselves while watching data fly by. In other words, the more ASM you understand, the more use you'll get out of a debugger, tis a fact. That being said, I still say any fool can use a debugger (hell I do all the time.)

Yes it does require to know ASM to efficiently use the debugger. You're playing on words here, exploiting the semantic door I opened by using "require" but basically you're saying the same thing as me, only trying to say it in another way than me to have something to add. Sure anybody can open a book and flip the page and pretend reading, but what's the use of that if you don't understand what you read or never learned to read?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I did say that process might be considered a bit extreme, even more so on a first glitched rom. Maybe save that for the 4th or 5th time it breaks.

And yes, to a degree I was just joking about ASM being a requirement for debugging. At the same time, even a noob can use a debugger along side a commented disassembly to see if a checked value is there or not. To an extent, might even learn ASM while using a debugger, which would be similar to learning to read by looking at a book. The point was, not that your wrong in saying prior knowledge of ASM is required in order to use a debugger, just saying one can learn some ASM by viewing a debugger.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
None
One more question. This is for down the road where I try to add my bonus boss idea to the game.

Basically, I want a boss like Chadarnook that changes between two forms. In one form it is immune to all damage, but when a healing spell or item is used on it, it changes to its other form where it is vulnerable. Then it periodically changes back to the other form.

Can that be done?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
It can, editing monster scripts is definitely a thing, and that can be done. Editing monster scripts just like anything else is pretty tricky at first, but after understanding how a script works and how to edit/create one to your liking, pretty much any unique dynamic can be achieved that you can think of, realistically.

Status
None
Cool. My only concern is, can total immunity to damage be done, even to defense-ignoring stuff and stuff like Blowfish/1000 Needles?

As for items, items done again, no graphic glitches this time. But got back-ups just in case. Now it's just shop lists, drop lists, and colosseum betting. Easy-peasy.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Yes, total immunity to damage is already used for Guardian.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Nattak\'d
Yes you can render the monster immune to damage in the script (invulnerable), and have some spell or attack remove the invulnerability if wanted.

Status
None
Ah yes, I forgot about the Guardian. Goodie.

Item work is done.

I'm going to spend the rest of the evening and Friday doing some sprite work, and then it's on to abilities and spells, starting with that backlog of Hex stuff to figure out. Smile

Also, a fine work of trolling - I replaced the Gem Box with a Tonic. The actual dungeon treasure now drops from MagiMaster. But imagine the fury of players when they open that chest... Laugh

Good news, Gau worked perfect! Laugh

Bad news, something happened with Terra's sprite. I was importing NPCs and stuff earlier, but pointedly kept double-checking to make sure the party sprites were okay. And they were, their palettes are unchanged. But in-game, well...

[Image: 2VBHQYSAvDCW]

And here's her palette - she looks fine on the field.

[Image: 2VBHwiHI3SeC]
  Find