Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
(01-25-2016, 10:59 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Well you can't change them for individual spells like that, all the spells that are black magic, must use the black magic spell intro. All Lore spells, must use the Lore intro, and etc.
In order to have a spell use a different one than another, but still be in the same group, I have no idea how to do that but it would require assembly hacking (the hard stuff).

(01-25-2016, 11:12 PM)Catone Wrote: I would think a simple method of changing the casting of one spell yet not all of that group,might be accomplished by adding a check for a spell number (or range of spell numbers) then if the desired spell is being cast, trick it into thinking it should be running a different casting intro by setting the original value to mimic the desired casting type.

Okay, after typing it, not really simple or easy yet I did only confuse myself once so... Yeah, ASM work, but as long as you could check for a condition (spell number, caster, command used, etc) then it should be just a matter of where to put the code.

In other words, don't think its impossible, or even as complicated as I make it sound. But be ready to do some reading.

actually there's an old thread about how to change individual spells.  https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...and+stance

Haven't tested it but it looks like edrin got it figured out.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Yep, that's exactly the method I was poorly describing. Never came across that thread, will have to read it completely later. Thanks for the link. Based on a glance, I'm betting that will work 100% if put in correctly, course it's Edrin. Honestly I've only came across one concept that I think he was headed in the wrong direction. Course, I went damn near to the end of that concept before I doubted it so I can't really say much. Get the feeling he would have figured that out sooner than I did. ANYWAY, yes that info should fix THAT question.

As for the other thing about thrown item names, I think the issue is (or can be fixed in the area of at least) C1/6414 and based on the comment at C1/6517 in the disassembly (as well as other things) I'm thinking there is another list of item names it reads from, for battle display, buried out in the great beyond. This list doesn't get changed with normal item name changing.

Unless someone knows of a thread that already contains that peticular info... well I'll see if I can find something when I get a chance. Shouldn't be to difficult. Although, if normal item names display correctly when used, might be able to simply change Throw's call for drawing item names to mimic Item use for the use of that table (C1/6414) and it MIGHT work, or it might cause painful glitches that make your eyes bleed. Just a guess there, attempt at own risk.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Another question in general - can you set enemies to group-cast spells that are normally single target, like Drain or Osmose?

If not I'd imagine I can just make a new group-hitting ability with a drain effect, aye?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
You can change the targeting of a spell so that it effects all of course, but sadly the animation will still just hit 1 person, in more cases of a single target spell.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Right. I'll go with the new ability, then.

The end-battle messages, like "earned money, learned a new Dance, learned a new Blitz." Are those editable in the editor or does that need hex?

Can I edit how Runic works? Specifically, I want to add an HP restore effect to it.

Also, can't find Tools battle info, is it like SwdTech?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
1) Yes, those messages you will need to edit with a hex editor.

2) Sure, you'll need to check out the Runic Function in the C2 Dissasembly, specifically these lines:

C2/357E: A9 82 21 LDA #$2182
C2/3581: 8D A3 11 STA $11A3 (Set concern MP, not reflectable, Unblockable, Heal)

$11A3 is a set of flags for various effects, such as targeting MP, healing, and unblockable.
You need to clear the flag that targets MP. HP will be targeted instead. If HP isn't targeted, MP is, and vice versa.

In other words, you need to edit the byte that deals with those flags. (the A3 in that STA)
Looking at other examples in the Dissasembly, STA $11A2 seems like a good candidate to try instead. Wink

3) Only 2 of the Tools use spell IDs that can be edited. Bio Blaster, and Flash. The other ones can be found within the items, but much of their attributes are coded in a way that FF3usME can't work with, and will require doing a bit of, you guessed it, assembly.
Previous thread regarding tools editing:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...ting+tools

(Be sure to search around on the site, I'm sure you'll find answers to some of the questions you have.)

Status
None
Okay, don't worry about Tools, then.

As for searching around the site, tbh, with how clueless I am and how some of the stuff I've found doesn't work, I'd prefer to ask directly.

This one I'm sure will need Hex, just asking if it's doable - I wanna make Gau have a normal Fight command with Rage as his special ability, and Rage becomes Leap on the Veldt. Can that be done?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Pretty much anything and everything "can be done".

In the words of the Almighty Lenophis:
"Anything is possible, given hardware limitations and amount of effort you're willing to put into it."
~Lenophis

All of the much needed skill editing that occurs outside of what FF3usME can do for us will require using a hex editor and/or assembly program. So learning some basic assembly is pretty much a must, outside of requesting others to do the tasks.

Status
None
Okay.

I'll add it to the list of "Things to do in Hexed." I'm gonna finish my item editing this week and devote the weekend to Hexing up the stuff we've been chatting about.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-27-2016, 05:14 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: "Things to do in Hexed." [...] "Hexing up ..."

Wow. First time I see those. Your creativity is impressive. Tongue
  Find