Damn :/

I'll add it to the list.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I would think a simple method of changing the casting of one spell yet not all of that group,might be accomplished by adding a check for a spell number (or range of spell numbers) then if the desired spell is being cast, trick it into thinking it should be running a different casting intro by setting the original value to mimic the desired casting type.

Okay, after typing it, not really simple or easy yet I did only confuse myself once so... Yeah, ASM work, but as long as you could check for a condition (spell number, caster, command used, etc) then it should be just a matter of where to put the code.

In other words, don't think its impossible, or even as complicated as I make it sound. But be ready to do some reading.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
That's okay, I'm committed to pulling this off. I'll figure it out.

On the up side the new spells are in the game and don't crash it, so this has gone a lot better than expected.

On a side note, testing some new weapons in battle, I notice that with the renaming of items, enemy Ninjas are now throwing items named things like Tonic and other non-throwing stuff.

And another annoying quirk, I've assigned some weapons to teach spells, but they don't show up as teaching them in the menu.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...m+requests
In this thread here there's a post by Grayshadows about half way down that addresses the spell % in menu issue. It's not in ips patch form though, so you'll have to use an assembler (patching program) like asar:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/964/

You just need to put his code there in a text document, and give it a .asm extension, make sure your ROM is headered (because that's what the code is set for as it is), and use the program to assemble his code into your ROM automatically.

It will ask for the name of the asm file.
you put: patch file name.asm
then it will ask for your ROM...
you put: ponyfantasy.smc

I have no idea what you mean by ninjas throwing tonics though lol, by renaming items?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Well, I fought a Ninja-type enemy. And they do the thing where they throw weapons. But the attack box showed the names of what I had renamed things like Tonic and Dry Meat.

Another annoying quirk I noticed - how come some item names are shortened in the battle screen and some aren't? Echo Screen shows up fine, but when I use a "Fire Ruby," the command box at the top of the screen says "Fire."
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Sounds like the wrong space was used after 'Fire'. It is capable of showing the whole item name in battle. Are you editing these with FF3usME or in hex? The correct space to use, is the space bar when naming items in usme (not exactly sure which of the blank spaces is used by hitting space bar). If you're doing it in hex, the correct space is byte FE.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • DrakeyC (01-26-2016)

Status
None
Okay, didn't know the spaces thing. Thanks.

32172GMERMESEWFEWNFBEWS

...*ahem*

I did not know you could type into the rename box.

I have been manually finding and clicking the letters.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Also, to prevent some possible stress down the line:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...range+usme

Don't use the space bar for the first space the Item name uses, that blank spot before the item names is actually an invisible Icon, and not a space. It's the last space in those available characters. Or just be sure not to erase that first invisible icon/space before item names, as the linked thread indicates.

Status
None
Right, thanks.

Also for future note - what palette is used for Edgar when he's "Gerad" ? I presume Duncan uses the same palette swapped over Banon?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Pal 1 is Gerad. And yeah, pal 1 Banon is Duncan.