Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
it was a snippet, not a fully assemblable file.  anyway, i edited the most recent post, so try that, after picking a free space address for data table.

and to proceed any further, you're gonna have to be specific on any errors.  likewise, be specific on what "it" is, as i had posted two chunks of code.

EDIT: edited it again.  now no free space should be needed.  America!!  don't tread on my frontier, because i'm renting a 10-square-foot apartment, and don't know what "frontier" is.  nor do i know what to do with the extra square foot. Laugh

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Sorry, asar is being a little shit and refusing to patch it. Would it be much trouble to ask for a basic Hex breakdown so I can do it myself?
  Find

Status
None
edited the asm again; try it again.  had dumb mistake with lack of "db"s.

me Wrote:and to proceed any further, you're gonna have to be specific on any errors.
you Wrote:Sorry, asar is being a little shit and refusing to patch it.

come on.

Status
None
I'd posted it on the shoutbox because I figured it was a dumb problem, but asar says it doesn't recognize my rom name and refuses to patch it. Says the name is garbage.
  Find

Status
None
ah, ok.  try xkas in the meanwhile:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/269/

but consider putting on sunglasses first, because those RHDN clowns decided to fry eyes with their new default layout.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to assassin for this post:
  • DrakeyC (07-04-2017), Tenkarider (07-06-2017)

Status
None
Yup, worked perfectly, 12.5% + 25% = 50%. Thanks very much. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
you're welcome.  eventually test the other 7 flag/checkbox combos, to make sure i typed correct values for all 8.

a limitation mentioned in the code: the function always loops at least once, so it won't work properly when called with A = 0 (e.g. if somebody reconfigures the flags to be in the bottom of a byte).  this can be fixed by adding 3 bytes, or maybe 2 if the A=0 case gets its own entry point.  doesn't matter for your purposes, but i wanted to get it on the record.

Status
None
With a weapon for 12.5% MP, shield for 25% MP, helm for 12.5% HP, and armor for 25% HP, I tried most every combination of them I could including all four. Boosts worked properly in all configurations.

Ah, scratch that, we broke something, big time. Assorted weapons are now causing a permanent increase to HP and MP if equipped and then removed. There's no pattern that I can tell, one such weapon is the Assassin dagger, weapon #5, has no special stuff beyond the Random Kill ability. Other weapons causing that glitch have no pattern to them; one such weapon has no special properties at all but it does it.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
(07-04-2017, 11:41 PM)assassin Wrote: ah, ok.  try xkas in the meanwhile:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/269/

but consider putting on sunglasses first, because those RHDN clowns decided to fry eyes with their new default layout.

Really! the new layout sucks as hell  Pummel

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
argh.. i forgot that TAX here will put all 16 bits of A into X, and there's unknown junk in the top half.

a TDC before C2/0EFA would work wonders, but i can't find space for it.  so i'll do a clunky 3 instructions before the PHX; see edited post.