Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
What is the D0 byte there before it? I see C0 D0 7E 80 7E D8 02, which would be one too many bytes for a 1 bit check. Is your intent to check multiple bits there?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
I was not, not sure what that is. But removing it doesn't fix the event, unfortunately.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Did you also fix the second instance of the D0 being there down at CC/D876?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-14-2017, 11:31 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: [Image: 5Ttzj3S.png]

Let's break this down how it should be:

Code:
A) C0 D2 80 60 D8 02    If bit 00D2 is set, branch to $CCD860 (D), else continue (B)
B) C0 7E 80 7E D8 02    If bit 007E is set, branch to $CCD87E (Q), else continue (C) <- Remove D0
C) FE                   Return
D) 42 13                Hide object $13
E) 42 14                Hide object $14
F) 42 15                Hide object $15
G) 42 16                Hide object $16
H) 42 17                Hide object $17
I) 42 18                Hide object $18
J) 42 19                Hide object $19
K) 42 1A                Hide object $1A
L) 42 1B                Hide object $1B
M) 42 1C                Hide object $1C
N) 42 1D                Hide object $1D
O) C0 7E 80 7E D8 02    If bit 007E is set, branch to $CCD87E (Q), else continue (P) <- Remove D0.
P) FE                   Return
Q) 42 11                Hide object $11
R) FE                   Return

Problems:

B) the game crash because of the D0. It will check bit $7ED0 and branch outside the ROM if clear.
O) Same as previous problem

Also, if any object that you hide on the map are not present, the game will crash I think.
  Find

Status
None
Yup, was the D0. Really wonder what I was thinking there. With both removed it works properly. Thanks guys.
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Now that I'm familiar with the series, here are a few things. At the auction house in Trottingham, the following line is; "Okay! Here's our next item!" to "Fillies and gentlecolts! Here's our next item!"

The Grim Reaper's sprite from the Death spell with a Grim Reaper pony, the "Spirit of Hearth's Warming Yet to Come" episode comes to mind since it features a Grim Reaper.

Pummel to Stomp/Hoof Stomp, Pummel just doesn't feel right. Too much Pokemon I guess. Fire Dance to Luna Fury, the spell animation with all the flaming Lunas reminds me of an hellish nightmare - Nightmare Moon.

The Merchant event at South Figaro: Merely replace the sprite and text altering. Replace the Merchant with Discord or Trixie. Discord taunts the party or player that "resistance is futile" (Star Trek: The Next Generation's Borg line) and he's going to have some fun with the party/player (breaking the fourth wall). Than he tells the party that he'll conjures up Spike or was it Pinkie Pie to explain the relics before leaving. Trixie does what Trixie knows best, taunts Twilight Sparkles or the party and then shows her powerful magic to conjure up Spike or Pinkie Pie, nothing happens and she runs away. Then the relic explanation event occurs.

The next event, Trixie instead of Ninja (who doesn't appear on the Veldt by the way) in the Cave to the Sealed Gate: A rematch of a more powerful Trixie when pressing the switch. Her being made into a semi-boss (more powerful than the Phantom Train battle), drops an apple or a joke item as an insult.

Missile (Lore)/Launcher/Missile (Crystal command) -> GemMissile to keep up with the crystal/gem theme of the Crystal Empire, Crystal Armor, etc. Seeing Rarity shoots gems as missiles from "My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic". Doubt that gems could be made out of the missile sprites.

I'm surprise that Fluttershy doesn't have Stare instead of Throw. Boulder could easily be change into Stare with Dread's SFX and inflict Stop on a single target.

Ebot's Rock is used within the script, shouldn't it be Gem Cave/Gem Mine since its where you find gems. Tried to find a ponyish plain name for the Veldt, I can't remember if one was named in the TV show. So I look through the wikia of the franchise and found it the following. In the second issue of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" there's Prancing Plains written on the map of Equestria. This would fit the Veldt since the enemies you've seen can be found "loitering" there.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks for the suggestions. Let's see...

Dialogue works for me.

Grim Reaper, nah, the Luna-design is used for an enemy, and that Spirit of Hearth's Warming to Come wasn't associated with Death like the Spirit of Christmas to Come.

Hoof Stomp works for me.

I'll pass on the merchant event, it'll ruin the entrance of Trixie on the Phantom Train, and if it's Discord teleporting over there just to taunt the party, that raises questions of why he doesn't do that freely other times. Granted that question can be asked now, but this is an AU anyway so I can just shrug and say "he can't do that in this continuity."

Could see Trixie as the Ninja. My concern though is that if I make the boss fight a serious one, it could wipe out the player since they're relatively deep into the dungeon and can't access the save without risking the switches first.

Missile works for me.

True on Stare, but I could already do that, give her Shock and then make Shock into Stare to inflict Stop or Confuse, etc. The problem is it would make her, pardon the pun, a one-trick pony. "Is this enemy vulnerable to Stare? Welp, guess Fluttershy's just gonna be a beatstick for this fight."

Love Prancing Plains, works great. Diamond Mines works for Ebot's Rock.

On a separate note, how do AI scripts handle targeting with the line "Wait until the attack sequence is called upon again, then continue (reset targeting)." Because I have had multiple reports throughout the project of monsters attacking themselves and it usually traces back to this line, I have to specify "use normal targeting" afterward to get them to hit the party.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Since the 1000th post of this thread approach, I decided to propose you to publish a book. I have a few concepts in mind:

[Image: rVvc7uL.png] [Image: sRoVMH8.png]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • DrakeyC (07-31-2017)

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-30-2017, 08:25 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: On a separate note, how do AI scripts handle targeting with the line "Wait until the attack sequence is called upon again, then continue (reset targeting)." Because I have had multiple reports throughout the project of monsters attacking themselves and it usually traces back to this line, I have to specify "use normal targeting" afterward to get them to hit the party.

All what command $FD does is this. Basically it takes the script position in $F0-$F1 and transfer it in $F2-$F3. The only time $F2 is used is in the case of a $FC command, then $F2-$F3 is put back in $F0-$F1, see $C21AC9. It probably doesn't answer your question directly but a corruption of one of the two register would give false script position (in case of a $FC command?) then the monster would execute random AI code.

Code:
Command Script #$FD

C2/1A74: C2 20        REP #$20    (Set 16-bit Accumulator)
C2/1A76: A5 F0        LDA $F0
C2/1A78: 85 F2        STA $F2
C2/1A7A: 60           RTS
  Find

Status
None
No, didn't understand a bit of that. Though I did compare your posted script, as well as C2/1A91 through C2/1B04, to vanilla, and nothing there is amiss.
  Find