Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Return of the Dark Sorcerer

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Just some thoughts. (1) it's pretty hard to perform the blitzes that require diagonals on a keyboard. (2) when Kefka first sees espers turn into magicite it seems like he is surprised and it's a new discovery to him, but in the ancient castle flashback this knowledge is already known. (3) fusoya dose not regain all the spells he knew in a new game plus, even after the event. (4) it also seems strange you gain exp and items during the flashback fights.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
1) It is, it is. They are doable though, I think there's some trick to make it easier, though I forget exactly what. The game (and all ROMs) should always be hopefully played with a controller, but I understand there are probably just as many that don't use one. I might consider having a patch available to make them easier to input.

This patch will most likely work on rotds as well that makes the blitz menu like the tools menu where you can simply choose a blitz:
http://slickproductions.org/ff6patch.php...nu%20Blitz

But the menu won't display the correct names of the blitzes I think. I might get the names correct sometime for it/have it work/display correctly.

2) Yes he is surprised, he can't figure out how they managed to make Magicite out of the espers since he was the only one able to do that a long time ago. He walks in, sees the party has done what Oak could not do, and is surprised at the event taking place, not seeing the Magicite itself - he doesn't understand yet that the espers are sacrificing themselves to the party.

3) Ah damn, I can't recall if I was aware of this in the past, or if I thought it got fixed up. I've yet to test fully a new game + honestly, so probably it is an issue I've just swept under the rug. I'll take a look into it though and see if something can be done. How many spells does he learn then? Do they seem all random-like? Please elaborate a bit more if possible. How about Golbez, was all his spells there as should be? Or does he have the same issue?
EDIT: I remember now a bit better, the issue was his Lore's where all gone... I wasn't aware of his spells though.

4) Yeah, that's just something will have to live with for now, not much I could do except remove exp from those monsters, and since you fight them later on... Maybe Madsiur could write a code to deny exp for certain formations like he denied the item command from them, that might be feasible. I can remove or turn to steal only the item drops from them at least though, that'd make it a little less weird at least.

I thought of something else that would seem weird, if an esper was equiped to FuSoYa before that flashback, he could probably summon it during the flashback. I could fix this one if so, but it's a semi-tedious fix.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 1
Status
None
The spells work just like they do in a first time run. He starts with the same in Jericho and learns just what the first time list populates at the end of the flashback. I think Golbez has the same issue but I can't b 100% sure on that one. I know I learned all the spells on fusoya on my initial run, but I got Golbez last so I'm not sure.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
(11-13-2015, 02:57 AM)MakkuChama Wrote: (1) it's pretty hard to perform the blitzes that require diagonals on a keyboard.

There's a trick for diagonals that I don't think is fixed for RotDS.

You can use either directional button for diagonals. For example (using vanilla), if AuraBolt is down, down-left, left, you can pull it off easier two different ways:

down, down, left
down, left, left

Bum Rush gets easier than just circling your D-pad as well:

up, up, right, right, down, down, left, left

Also, I thought that menu Blitz hack didn't work properly. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Sounds like it would be a nice fix for keyboard users, my favorite is still a $7 usb to snes adapter from amazon though. Never had much luck on the dual controller to usb adapters though, they tend to overlap. Another option is a PS3 controller and some emulation software but never enjoyed SNES on that large of a controller. Lastly there is the option of a cheap usb controller that matches snes or more. Personally I still love the adapter but I still had my fancy programable Snes controller with macros and such that I had back in the day. (Yes I'm just bragging, but that controller was highspeed chit back in the day... right up there with my savestate device for snes console.)

Granted, there are times a keyboard is just better (like playing while at work), and in that instance I could have swore some emulator let you setup macros and link to a seperate key. As in program all your blitzes, link to 1-9 and use as desired.

Yes, I admit Synchysi's method is much cooler, I more wanted to point out hooking up a gamepad IS as easy said as done, and very worth it if you do much emulation of the good games.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I practically consider it a "nice fix" even on regular hardware. I find inputting Blitzes to be much easier that way.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 17
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
Hey mikee

where did you put the underwater breathing helmet on your mod

because i can't find it anywhere
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Talk to the NPCs in the town first. You need to talk to a certain NPC and then the helmet can be found back in the cave. That's why the characters say something like "we should go to the town first and ask around", if you enter the cave first before talking to this NPC.

Threads: 17
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
Hey Mikee

when i first enter the airship to get to factory X on your mod

the airship sound glitched out on me when i am using your mod on snes9x
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
You mean when you very first enter the airship after the opera? Or after you have control of the airship? Try and be as specific as possible please. Is it the airship song itself that glitches? And how so, does it cut off all together? Or just a weird sound? Which song is it, the Pirates of the Caribean one?