Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Return of the Dark Sorcerer

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I am actually quite enjoying the story and characters. Every FF game should have a healthy mix of silliness and seriousness anyway. It's not like the original VI was devoid of random wackiness. (Ultros anyone?) I just got FuSoYa and Eiko and the backstory FuSoYa recounted was pretty interesting. As for crossovers, I've also been using Cloud a lot because i really enjoy the arc ROTDS has with him with Aerith standing in for Rachel. I'm a Clerith shipper but this is a nice compromise, assuming Cloud and Tifa end up together like Locke and CELES.

And yeah, I figure it must be incredibly difficult to rework everything so it makes sense to just edit within the framework you are given. You can still make new and interesting characters, as you did with Aurora vs. Terra and Cloud vs. Locke. So while completely new stuff like Arc is appreciated, I can easily sympathize with why it's not the norm. (also why Arc wasn't part of the Skull Train fight. Yikes, I cann't even imagine what a headache it would have been to try and squeeze him in there)

As for some questions, what does Expert and Insane do exactly in terms of difficulty? Amp up enemy stats, lower Gil earned, etc.?

But yeah, I play a lot of difficulty hacks such as the stuff over on Insane Difficulty. I mean, I'm not some guru, I die a lot. I just enjoy the challenge and seeing new things. Final Fantasy IX UNleashed and this other mod called Alternate Fantasy are so good for reinventing IX's gameplay and helping me enjoy it along with the story.

One more quick question. I don't want any precise details because spoilers but are there any additional party members? Or is it just a replaced Umaro and Gogo awaiting me in the WOR?

Thanks for the quick response. No rush on getting a new version out since I'm still on this one. Smile But if it ever does get done, I'll be all over it.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Nikkolas for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (08-01-2017)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Expert and Insane, as well as Hard over Normal, the monster stats are obviously increased, and the jump from Hard to Expert the boss AI scripts become tougher as well, mostly just with stronger attacks here and there in some way, not like totally new scripts. Well, actually the Czar Dragon replacement fought much later does have a new script. With the increase in difficulties, more Gil and more exp is given out in the same kind of way that Diablo (pc game) does for instance. BUT, the characters level curves are also increased, meaning it takes more exp for a character to gain a level. I'm not even sure if this basically balances it back to normal or if the characters level up faster or slower... those things I just never really looked into.

Insane is really meant for the New Game + because it is ridiculous without having nice gear and spells etc., yet some brave souls have attempted it from a new game and have managed to make it playable for some time, somehow. And that's why it's called 'insane' lol. It can be a bit of fun to try to get as far as you can get though.

There is no new/additional party members but there is a couple items to find that can grant you a 'guest character'. You just use the item and it makes the character join the current party if there's room.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Nikkolas (03-02-2018)

Threads: 17
Status
Sadness
hey Mikee

How much more longer until 2.0 of your ROTDS mod is out

because i can't wait to see the newer changes on 2.0 on the ROTDS Mod
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I'm sorry to say it but real development hasn't even started yet for 2.0, so I can't say for certain. Hopefully no more than 2-3 years or so from now, but who knows. There's a chance it will never be out, if the dialog doesn't get expanded more some way to allow easily for more event work.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
on the bright side though, 1.9 is going to be the biggest release until then, which will be a MASSIVE overhaul and a treasure trove of new goodies as well as some new and interesting treats for u all (loyalists get extra options)

(07-31-2017, 07:40 AM)Nikkolas Wrote: I am actually quite enjoying the story and characters. Every FF game should have a healthy mix of silliness and seriousness anyway. It's not like the original VI was devoid of random wackiness. (Ultros anyone?) I just got FuSoYa and Eiko and the backstory FuSoYa recounted was pretty interesting. As for crossovers, I've also been using Cloud a lot because i really enjoy the arc ROTDS has with him with Aerith standing in for Rachel.  I'm a Clerith shipper but this is a nice compromise, assuming Cloud and Tifa end up together like Locke and CELES.

And yeah, I figure it must be incredibly difficult to rework everything so it makes sense to just edit within the framework you are given. You can still make new and interesting characters, as you did with Aurora vs. Terra  and Cloud vs. Locke. So while completely new stuff like Arc is appreciated, I can easily sympathize with why it's not the norm. (also why Arc wasn't part of the Skull Train fight. Yikes, I cann't even imagine what a headache it would have been to try and squeeze him in there)

As for some questions, what does Expert and Insane do exactly in terms of difficulty? Amp up enemy stats, lower Gil earned, etc.?

But yeah, I play a lot of difficulty hacks such as the stuff over on Insane Difficulty. I mean, I'm not some guru, I die a lot. I just enjoy the challenge and seeing new things. Final Fantasy IX UNleashed and this other mod called Alternate Fantasy are so good for reinventing IX's gameplay and helping me enjoy it along with the story.

One more quick question. I don't want any precise details because spoilers but are there any additional party members? Or is it just a replaced Umaro and Gogo awaiting me in the WOR?

Thanks for the quick response. No rush on getting a new version out since I'm still on this one. Smile But if it ever does get done, I'll be all over it.

hey thanks a lot for the feedback on what you think of the hack, I'd like to chime in as to 1 of the (many) reasons why Arc didn't get to fight the phantom train, other than the fact we wanted the team to go up against Mr. Grim and the phantom train (its supposed to be implied that they have some sort of contract going on), but the main reason why Arc is not in there is because (mostly because of lack of dialog) we wanted to have another special battle go on right before the fight with the train, while Arc is waiting inside the room he comes out and gets attacked my Mr. Grim, however Reaper intervenes and stops him, revealing that he made a deal with Arc's mother, the 2 fight off Mr. Grim and Reaper basically gives him the ultimatum that either he wastes time fighting him (to a stalemate most likely), or to go and protect the phantom train whom he has a contract with (and who is also being attacked by the rest of your team)

there's a bit of a spoiler I've always wanted included but alas lack of space means things had to get pushed to the back burner

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SSJ Rick for this post:
  • Nikkolas (03-02-2018)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
(07-31-2017, 03:06 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: yet some brave souls have attempted it from a new game and have managed to make it playable for some time, somehow. 

for some time? i managed to make it playable 'till i went so far(tecnically it's already proven it can be done until the end of the game)
just waiting for a good chance to proceed with the playthrough, i reached the start of phantom train
no doubt it won't happen 'till summer ends(or my laptop will explode due to heat)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-31-2017, 08:15 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: There's a chance it will never be out, if the dialog doesn't get expanded more some way to allow easily for more event work.

http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....3#msg20593

This was discussed numerous times and my offer to do the pointers conversion still stand.

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/224/
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/647/
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (08-03-2017)

Threads: 0
Status
None
So where is the Colosseum in the WoR? I know I found it before and I thought it was still on a little island connected with a bridge so I've been zooming around the edge of every continent but I can't find it. I probably just missed it but I'm afraid my capacity for wandering around lost and frustrated is at a low point after doing the exact same thing in BNW.

I just want to get Oboro back in my party so I can begin reassembling my main team. Got Aurora back but as of now I'm kind of stuck with a bunch of people I don't really fancy using.

Scanned some of the Dragons I've come across (who obliterated me) as well as Garuda (who also obliterated me). I don't THINK I need to match their levels, but low to mid level 30 definitely won't cut it. But I want to get my real team back together before I start to seriously grind.

(also this is way different from BNW. I beat that game in the levels 30s)
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
It is located to the far east and then south of Stardust Village (Kohlingen).

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Nikkolas (08-02-2017)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
so yeah Mike, madsiur is willing to do thework to expand the dialog so wtf man

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC