Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Hack updated to v1.8.0

Change log:

v1.8.0

- added no gradient patch in config menu that removes the gradient effect in all menus (credit to Madsiur)
- replaced Aurora's portrait yet again, with what imo is a better one! (thanks & credit to James White)
- touched up some pre-existing portraits (thanks & credit to James White)
- replaced some monsters with some more of James White's custom sprites. (thanks & credit to James White)
- changed some monster attack names etc. as a result of ^)
- added 'Classic Golbez' patch in the extras folder with the hack package, which changes Golbez's sprite and portrait to a much more FFIV-looking one. (credit to James White and Kugawattan)
- fixed a mistake from the previous version with FuSoYa having a bunch of random spell % upon recruitment.
- corrected a bug with characters run animations not working when Otis is in the air (Jump).
- re-worked how the Magroader monsters go back and forward in the escape from the Magitek Factory.
- added a save point at the beginning of the Fraust/Narshe raid for New Game + only.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • JCE3000GT (06-03-2017), madsiur (06-06-2017)

Status
Nattak\'d
A v1.8.1 already out, after about a week of 1.8.0 being out!

- changed the splash screen at the start of the game to a new original one. (thanks & credit to James White)
- touched up the horizon gradient palette for the WoR while flying in the airship.
- made the exit out of the music player noise the 'shift' sound as well.
- couple lines of dialog changed.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-17-2017, 04:33 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: A v1.8.1 already out, after about a week of 1.8.0 being out!

These are nice little improvements but were they needed to get their own version? I see no bugfix so I presume maybe they could have go in a bigger and more significant update? Well it's not my hack so I'll stop talking but if I was a RotDS active player with 56k internet in US countryside I would think twice about downloading a 25Mb file and re-apply possibly 15 add-on patches to be up-to-date.

That been said, one can also argue the sooner updates comes out the better and I would say as soon as you got a bugfix that can impact gameplay you should come out with an update and add the cosmetic stuff that is ready with it. That's just my way of seeing things and I understand not everyone has the same view about hack / software updates and releases.

One could also argue the point I'm bringing is a minor thing which is true but in my case it's one of those things I analyze and observe.

Good job to you and James for 1.8.1!
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Most definitely agree, I'm not a fan of doing small update of no bug-fix significance, but just in case I might die unexpectedly, house burn down, natural disaster, or something else I always try to get any fresh updates out instead of waiting for a larger update or bug-fix to come around to justify it. Really at this point I don't think there will be any more large updates for a long while, this new splash screen was going to go in 1.8.0 but I kinda released it early, then it got done, and a couple other things. I admit I'm not the most professional when it comes to doing correct updates and versions, or anything else really for that matter lol.

I suppose it's up to the person if they wanna do the trouble of downloading/patching it again.

Status
Nattak\'d
Updated to v1.8.3:

- added a Step Mine patch that uses steps instead of time for MP cost (credit to Lufia).
- fixed Majin Buu from showing up on the Beast Plains.

- fixed back row damage penalty flag on some spells/skills is back to working.
- fixed a bad-looking pincer attack monster formation.
- fixed an issue with Oboro's stats going back to default in the WoR.
- lowered & changed some natural magic levels and spells learned.
- corrected volume levels in 'What Should Be' song
- corrected channel panning issues for some songs.
- slight nerfs to Shijima & Crystals, and Majin Buu (stronger version).

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Finally step mine does what it says! 

Oh no! nerfs again?  Sad

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-06-2017, 03:45 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Oh no! nerfs again?

New RotDS 1st tier weapon:

[Image: d419c299471d3df52d82cfdf6e048dcf.jpg]
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Long range
255 Attack power (obviously)
+7 Vigor, +5 Stamina, +7 Speed
+50 MEvade
Kills Zuriel in one hit

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • madsiur (07-07-2017)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello, I actually just played FFVI for the first time thanks to Brave New World. I always found the original's gameplay too boring and easy but BNW really helped spice things up. But being able to appreciate FFVI at last, I realized it's pretty damn awesome and I wanted more and along the way I had heardd about this hack so I started this.

It's kind of ironic, I never liked Terra much but loved Celes. Here, I love Aurora but don't care much for Tifa. Cyan was the man in BNW though and I still love using Cloud so that hasn't changed much. I just did the Gestahl Peace Banquet stuff and was thinking about asking for some information on future plot deviations. I notice that, while things are generally different, they still follow the same formula. That's one reason I love Arc and keep him in my party. He was pretty significantly different in how he joined our party and backstory and everything.

But anyway, I realized it would kind of spoil the surprise if I came in here asking about that kind of thing so I'll settle just for saying this is a lot o fun, the music is great, the Xenogears references are great and I can't wait to finish this.

I'm playing on Hard BTW because I'm no Expert or Insane. I don't think one run of BNW makes me equipped to handle FFVI super hard mode.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Hello and welcome! I'm happy to hear you've gotten into playing some FF6 hacks, and that BNW sparked your interest in doing so. Smile It really does improve a bunch on the gameplay for sure.

And also good to hear you're enjoying RotDS thus far! And are not turned off by the crossover aspects and at times sillyness and nonsensical nature of the hack lol.

I would definitely (someday) like to change more of the vanilla aspects of the events and character recruitions, it will just require a bunch more free time and some renewed energy. We have a lot planned out for a super large 2.0 update eventually, but for now there's nothing I can really do without having the dialog further expanded. Hopefully many more map edits and new custom maps as well. But yeah, redesigning Arc to be so radically different from Gau required to do the amount of extensive story changes, while other characters not so much at all. It was quite a mission indeed.

Hard mode is actually the 'default' way RotDS was originally intended to be played, before the difficulty selection came into play, so that's good. It is going to get pretty brutal though at times, so I wish you good luck on the continuation of your playthrough! And please don't hesitate to ask any questions that may arise or give any feedback at all, good or bad. Thanks for playing, posting, and again welcome to the site. Smile

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Nikkolas (07-31-2017)