Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FFVI - Children of Vector

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-10-2020, 06:48 PM)Endarire Wrote: What is the best way to contact B-Run to obtain his permission to publicly share what progress he made so far?

Either a email or a dm on Discord..
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
What's his contact information?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-12-2020, 05:03 AM)Endarire Wrote: What's his contact information?

b(dot)run(dot)and(dot)jump(at)gmail(dot)com
  Find

Status
None
Thankee!
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
The projected release date for v1.0 is still Fall 2188.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (05-17-2020)

Status
None
@B-Run
It is good to hear from you. What news have you regarding releasing a playable version of what you have right now? Your fanbase for this project, myself included, is meant to understand this is a work in progress that another may complete, instead of waiting 168 years, at which point many of your fans will be otherwise occupied.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I think you may be using the word "fanbase" a bit loosely here. Some friends from the site and the 8 other people who knew this even existed probably doesn't qualify.

I have not worked on it in some years and its likely dead. I think you would be sorely disappointed if i were to hand it over, there is very little beyond what was in the original trailer plus a few things i showed off while streaming. At least, very little of consequence.

"But if its dead, why not just give us what you have?" I hear you say.

Because despite it being dead, its still something I hold dear and have a hard time giving out the bits that I have. In the event that I ever do pick it up again, I would not want to give up things that could potentially point to spoilers that do exist in the game currently. Nor would I want people getting attached to things that would likely change. And lastly, I wouldn't want things that I felt were not up to my standards to see the light of day, because it reflects poorly on me and the project as a whole. I'd rather it be remembered for the things I did choose to share.

I understand this may be disappointing, but it's how I feel. I very much appreciate your support and kinds words, and I hope the little I did do had a positive impact on you and the rest of the "fanbase."
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • Sarah-ga (07-02-2021)

Status
None
@B-Run
I understand and respect your attitude. I appreciate what you did, and the inspiration and wonder I felt weeks ago when I first learned of this project encouraged me to learn more about this project's status.

The Children of Vector are as alive as you make them to be. Let me know if you want my aid in planning or writing narrative, characters, or similar. I already have ideas, but at present I would depend on others to code.

I am also certain that, were you to publicly release something playable, you'd see a surge in your fanbase, however brief.

I initially contacted you about this project because I truly believed it was much further along, but even the bit you released was awe-inspiring!

Thankee again! Let me know if ever you want my help saving the world.
  Find