Poll: Which song should replace The Fierce Battle?
This poll is closed.
KH - Forze Del Male 20.00% 1 20.00%
FFIV - Battle with the Four Fiends 20.00% 1 20.00%
FFVII - J-E-N-O-V-A 20.00% 1 20.00%
FFVII - Jenova Absolute 0% 0 0%
CT - Boss Battle 2 0% 0 0%
DO NOT CHANGE 20.00% 1 20.00%
Other (please comment) 20.00% 1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Royaken's Song Hack Releases!

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Excellent Job! This is Definitely going into my Hack.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(03-25-2014, 11:20 PM)MrMenzies Wrote: Excellent Job! This is Definitely going into my Hack.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it xD! Was a tough one. I still think it could be better, but it's not FFIV sound. It's FFVI. So there's only so much that can be done ya know?

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
What, no SPC of the song? LOL

Ugh, now I got to make one. Smile Cannot wait to hear it.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
None
(03-26-2014, 12:05 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: What, no SPC of the song? LOL

Ugh, now I got to make one. Smile Cannot wait to hear it.

Sorry man, Idk how to do that xD. Besides, I don't remember any SPC's being in other music releases by people >=D.

Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Sounds pretty good, but I do have a few small suggestions. Please don't take it as criticism, they are only suggestions if you are looking to recreate the original as closely as possible. The sequence itself is pretty good and almost 100% spot on. The only issues with the actual sequence I could find was the kick drum, but it won't be noticeable by 99% of the gaming audience since they aren't musicians.

The strings seem to be a bit too loud and drown out the trumpet, remember the trumpet is the melodic instrument on this tune and needs to be heard over the rest of the instruments. I changed the strings volume to $48 and that made a little bit of a difference--probably needs to be a little lower ($42?). The snare drum needs to be the harder snare + an increase in volume. Instead of the open hihat the cymbal crash would closer match the original song. And the harp needs to also be slightly less in volume as well. Lastly, the kick drum also doesn't sound right, it sounds like it may need to be a lower octave and or having its "note" changed altogether.

This is a good step in the right direction for the community so I'm glad to see attention directed towards SPC editing. The SPC editing scene for Square games has come along way since I started documenting and importing back in 2006/2007. Hard to believe it has been about 8 years since I started this whole thing. I'm so proud of everyone who has and are participating. :D

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
None
(03-26-2014, 12:42 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Sounds pretty good, but I do have a few small suggestions. Please don't take it as criticism, they are only suggestions if you are looking to recreate the original as closely as possible. The sequence itself is pretty good and almost 100% spot on. The only issues with the actual sequence I could find was the kick drum, but it won't be noticeable by 99% of the gaming audience since they aren't musicians.

The strings seem to be a bit too loud and drown out the trumpet, remember the trumpet is the melodic instrument on this tune and needs to be heard over the rest of the instruments. I changed the strings volume to $48 and that made a little bit of a difference--probably needs to be a little lower ($42?). The snare drum needs to be the harder snare + an increase in volume. Instead of the open hihat the cymbal crash would closer match the original song. And the harp needs to also be slightly less in volume as well. Lastly, the kick drum also doesn't sound right, it sounds like it may need to be a lower octave and or having its "note" changed altogether.

This is a good step in the right direction for the community so I'm glad to see attention directed towards SPC editing. The SPC editing scene for Square games has come along way since I started documenting and importing back in 2006/2007. Hard to believe it has been about 8 years since I started this whole thing. I'm so proud of everyone who has and are participating. Laugh

I appreciate the "suggestions" xD. Now onto the notes you made.

The Cymbal Crash was the 1st thing I tried and it didn't sound right to me. One of the things Nattak told me I should do my best with is making it as close to the midi I made from as possible and it sounded great with that. If anyone wants to change it, I hope they take your advice.

The harp is REALLY low. It's the lowest volume instrument. I have it at 72. Everything else is 83 or higher.

Strings are 83. I can make them quieter but then I feel there isn't enough in the song. And yes I know the Trumpet is the main focal point. In my opinion though, when I had the Stings even lower, it sounded too.... bland is the word I guess I am looking for xD.

As far as the drums go, I am not good with "playing by ear." Nattak suggested I do the drums the way I did. Kick drum and all. I simply followed the examples given to me bcuz believe it or not it sounded VERY bland before xD. He also told me there was no reason to change the octave. And I can agree to both sides I suppose xD.

I thank you for your input and I will test these things for myself though idk about making it into the release. I hope others take this into hardcore consideration though. Thanx again!

EDIT: Drums are at max volume btw xD

EDIT2: Just tried a few of your suggestions. Got the Strings less drowning and the harp has been lowered a little but only to 69 instead of 72. Anything else makes it tooooo quiet. The bass ends up drowning it out. The kick drum lower and the snare drum being hard.... I don't think it sounds right at all xD. I even took the kick drum out and still no dice. played with the octave here and there. Not a good match :/. Cymbal crash is too.... idk the word for it. Works, but then again I am not fond of it xD. Did you try any of this before you suggested it xD? Lol jk. Anyway, hope someone else likes those changes. The strings and harp were a good call. Thank you!

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-26-2014, 12:17 AM)Royaken Wrote: Sorry man, Idk how to do that xD. Besides, I don't remember any SPC's being in other music releases by people >=D.

ZSNES and SNES9x can record spc... You can even convert them to mp3 after (see this). It's a plus if you can show how you song sound without having people to have to apply the patch to listen to it, whether it's a video or a mp3 (or spc).
  Find

Status
None
(03-26-2014, 10:16 AM)Madsiur Wrote:
(03-26-2014, 12:17 AM)Royaken Wrote: Sorry man, Idk how to do that xD. Besides, I don't remember any SPC's being in other music releases by people >=D.

ZSNES and SNES9x can record spc... You can even convert them to mp3 after (see this). It's a plus if you can show how you song sound without having people to have to apply the patch to listen to it, whether it's a video or a mp3 (or spc).

I do see how that would be a plus. I'll see about doing that on my next release. Thank you for the info. I didn't know they recorded SPC. Have never had any need for SPC xD

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Uh oh, what's wrong with the kick drum? It was in the midi and original song I believe, kick and snare drum sequence in that track...should of sounded right - I gotta go take a listen first here and see if it got messed up or rather not as intended somehow. Also Royaken, an SPC file is super easy to make with zsnes, just right before the song starts in any given place, press the F1 key and click save SPC data, and it will pop out an SPC file, that way people can preview the song if they'd like first in a SPC player. A preview of the song they might patch would be a good idea, be it SPC, MP3, or video.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(03-26-2014, 02:29 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Uh oh, what's wrong with the kick drum? It was in the midi and original song I believe, kick and snare drum sequence in that track... I gotta go take a listen first here and see if it got messed up or rather not as intended somehow. Also Royaken, an SPC file is super easy to make with zsnes, just right before the song starts in any given place, press the F1 key and click save SPC data, and it will pop out an SPC file, that way people can preview the song if they'd like first in a SPC player. A preview of the song they might patch would be a good idea, be it SPC, MP3, or video.

Then I'll start adding that to the .RAR file xD. And idk I think it sounds great. I tried taking out the kick drum and changing the snare to hard and it didn't sound good :/.... like at all xD. To me anyway

Find