Poll: Which song should replace The Fierce Battle?
This poll is closed.
KH - Forze Del Male 20.00% 1 20.00%
FFIV - Battle with the Four Fiends 20.00% 1 20.00%
FFVII - J-E-N-O-V-A 20.00% 1 20.00%
FFVII - Jenova Absolute 0% 0 0%
CT - Boss Battle 2 0% 0 0%
DO NOT CHANGE 20.00% 1 20.00%
Other (please comment) 20.00% 1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Royaken's Song Hack Releases!

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I'm not sure what to tell you other than it has to be the fact that you aren't removing headers from both ROMs or there is something with the programs you are using? You should always make sure to have both files start out either with or without headers so the IPS creation program can accurately make the data compare before creating the IPS file. The second file must only contain the different data.

If you are still getting large IPS file sizes I would recommend re-downloading Lunar IPS and try another hex editor? I used Hex Workshop 3.1 to delete the header, expand the ROM, and import the data over then used Lunar IPS version 1.02 to create the IPS I linked above.

I personally would never use a "tool" to remove a header, I've always used a hex editor and simply select then delete the 512 bytes ($200) manually. Makes the process much easier and fool-proof. :)

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 50
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(03-22-2014, 02:24 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I'm not sure what to tell you other than it has to be the fact that you aren't removing headers from both ROMs or there is something with the programs you are using? You should always make sure to have both files start out either with or without headers so the IPS creation program can accurately make the data compare before creating the IPS file. The second file must only contain the different data.

If you are still getting large IPS file sizes I would recommend re-downloading Lunar IPS and try another hex editor? I used Hex Workshop 3.1 to delete the header, expand the ROM, and import the data over then used Lunar IPS version 1.02 to create the IPS I linked above.

I personally would never use a "tool" to remove a header, I've always used a hex editor and simply select then delete the 512 bytes ($200) manually. Makes the process much easier and fool-proof. Smile

Thank you JCE. Mind if I call you JCE xD? I'll test this out when I get home. I feel like a complete noob not thinking about making both roms headerless 1st. Didn't think it could cause such an issue xD. But again, whose to say that would fix it right?

Thanks again. I'll work on it later

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
1) Remove headers from ROM A and B
2) Expand ROM A and B
3) Make your change to ROM B
4) Create the patch with ROM A and B

These are the steps. Also make sure you don't save with FF3usME because it rearrange some bytes, which would be reflected in your patch. You can expand without saving.
  Find

Status
None
(03-22-2014, 01:48 PM)Madsiur Wrote: 1) Remove headers from ROM A and B
2) Expand ROM A and B
3) Make your change to ROM B
4) Create the patch with ROM A and B

These are the steps. Also make sure you don't save with FF3usME because it rearrange some bytes, which would be reflected in your patch. You can expand without saving.

How do you expand without FF3usME?

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-22-2014, 01:58 PM)Royaken Wrote: How do you expand without FF3usME?

I know there are tools on RHDN for that but when you expand with FF3usME you don't need to save your ROM. Once expanded the change is irreversible, regardless if you press the save button or not. This is what I was trying to tell.

Also you can expand a file with some hex editors I belive.

Edit: That been said, saving with your both ROM after expansion (even though it is useless) would be ok because both files would be the same.
  Find

Status
None
(03-22-2014, 02:05 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I know there are tools on RHDN for that but when you expand with FF3usME you don't need to save your ROM. Once expanded the change is irreversible, regardless if you press the save button or not. This is what I was trying to tell.

Ah I see what you're saying. Pardon my airheadedness xD. Stupid question, you mentioned saving with FF3usME changes little bytes here and there. Does this even happen when yer actually making changes with it? or just if you click save after expanding?

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I happens everytime you press the save button. I think the WOR and WOB tile graphics and pointers get swapped. This explains the bugged WOB and WOR maps in (original) FF6LE after using FF3usME.
  Find

Status
None
(03-22-2014, 02:36 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I happens everytime you press the save button. I think the WOR and WOB tile graphics and pointers get swapped. This explains the bugged WOB and WOR maps in (original) FF6LE after using FF3usME.

Wow... So how would you avoid that happening? doesn't that make FF3usME kinda... counter productive xD? Do these changes cause a bunch of errors? or can the game still process properly?

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
It's just a swapping. The game functions normally.
  Find

Status
None
Almost done with Within the Giant. No free space will need to be used for this song. It is small enough to replace New Continent on it's own. I will still include the Binary and information on the bytes space so it can be uploaded wherever the user chooses xD.

EDIT: RELEASED! Within the Giant now available!

Find