Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(Request) Judgement Day FFVII over Final Dungeon FFVI

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
It's the very last key (highest) note on the piano/keyboard. It can be something else if you want, I just use whole note highest C because it really stands out in the midi.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Royaken (03-18-2014)

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
So songs are sounding better, but I still can't perfectly replicate how they sound in the midi. I mean, using the ff6 instruments ofc xD. I also can't get the songs to loop in the middle like I want. I tried adding notes in so I knew where to loop and it doesn't work so well xD

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-17-2014, 06:53 PM)Royaken Wrote: So songs are sounding better, but I still can't perfectly replicate how they sound in the midi. I mean, using the ff6 instruments ofc xD. I also can't get the songs to loop in the middle like I want. I tried adding notes in so I knew where to loop and it doesn't work so well xD

The song will not exactly sound like the midi unless you have the exact same instruments as the midi file.

As for the loop, taking this channel example, section B will be played once. After that section D will play over and over having as starting point C (the $):

A) channel header
B) song data
C) $ (loop)
D) song data ;

You got to make sure the biggest section D off all channels divided by the others will give an integer, otherwise it will sound offbeat after a while. Meaning if you got 3 channels in your song, if one of your D section is 12 in length, the other two D sections could be 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 24, 36, 48,... That way all 3 channels will never be offbeat, given the arrived at the $ the first time on the same condition.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(03-18-2014, 01:45 PM)Madsiur Wrote: The song will not exactly sound like the midi unless you have the exact same instruments as the midi file.

As for the loop, taking this channel example, section B will be played once. After that section D will play over and over having as starting point C (the $):

A) channel header
B) song data
C) $ (loop)
D) song data ;

You got to make sure the biggest section D off all channels divided by the others will give an integer, otherwise it will sound offbeat after a while. Meaning if you got 3 channels in your song, if one of your D section is 12 in length, the other two D sections could be 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 24, 36, 48,... That way all 3 channels will never be offbeat, given the arrived at the $ the first time on the same condition.

Yes the loops are one of my biggest issues. What I did was placed a high octave C at what I THOUGHT was same point in each track and then deleted those in the .mml and replaced them with a $. On the loop, one or two were slightly off beat but that adds up over time xD. Still trying to get that down just right. I suppose it would be better or more ideal to find a song that loops the whole song and doesn't have a start up. Oh well, learning experiance xD. Further along now than I was before I started. so yay xD

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find