Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(Request) Judgement Day FFVII over Final Dungeon FFVI

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Sure I can take a look at the midi and mml file if you'd like.
And the reason yours goes to 000400 is because it is a different song, right? Or are you using the same FFIV midi I was in the vid? That's the amount of space the song takes up, every song will be different.

@ Madsiur: turns out he is using the "fixed" version of tinymm, where that octave bug is not supposed to happen, but as we found out and I informed him, it is still there. I don't know why the hell they claim it to be fixed, what a cruel joke >_<

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(03-16-2014, 10:28 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Sure I can take a look at the midi and mml file if you'd like.
And the reason yours goes to 000400 is because it is a different song, right? Or are you using the same FFIV midi I was in the vid? That's the amount of space the song takes up, every song will be different.

@ Madsiur: turns out he is using the "fixed" version of tinymm, where that octave bug is not supposed to happen, but as we found out and I informed him, it is still there. I don't know why the hell they claim it to be fixed, what a cruel joke >_<

Yes I am using the exact same one you have in the midi. I compared notes and made sure it looked just like yours in the video xD. Anyway a few things have come to light about that and I have fixed them.

However one issue still remains. I can't get the instruments to work right. No matter what I do in the .mml and the SPC Editor, I can't change the instruments. Each song only uses the default for some reason. I have made sure to click the Save Song Index button, I have made sure all my @0x20's are correctly changed, and yet nothing. Just to double check I opened a song I had already done with SPC Editor and changed everything to a drum and there was no change.

What's goin on with that?

EDIT: Tested with other songs that I was able to successfully get into the game and loop, but cannot change the instruments from default. I do all the saves mentioned, but nothing saves.

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
The SPC Editor requires your ROM to have NO header for the correct song/instruments to show up right. Remove the header and then try.

Status
None
(03-17-2014, 01:41 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: The SPC Editor requires your ROM to have NO header for the correct song/instruments to show up right. Remove the header and then try.

Ah alright. and then about removing the header, I noticed that when I followed your song track locations I DIDN'T need to go to +200 of their location. Does that mean once I remove the header I will need to go to -200 of your song locations (and anything else I was gonna hack in before that I would have gone to +200)?

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
It would just mean that you don't need to factor in the +200 for everything is all. The addresses and offsets would be absolute, I think is the right word. You can also use SNESTool to easily re-add the header on if you wish, some select tools and patches do require it headered. I find it much easier to not have a header unless I need to.

Status
None
(03-17-2014, 02:16 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: It would just mean that you don't need to factor in +200 for everything is all. The addresses and offsets become absolute, I think is the right word. You can also use SNESTool to easily re-add the header on if you wish, some select tools and patches due require the header. I find it much easier to not have a header unless I need to.

So I could do all the songs I want without the header, then put it back on and it will still process the correct instruments?

EDIT: Also, I only realized yer Song Locations were factoring in the +200 bcuz I had previously been adding +200 to them on my own and that's why it was all jumbled xD

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
OK, so the song list that is in the music hacking thread is taking into account that the ROM IS headered... So yeah you would want to do -200 to get to the right song address if you removed it. Damn header, I swear.

EDIT: And yeah, you can remove the header and add it back on and everything will still be peachy keen. Wink

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Royaken (03-18-2014)

Status
None
(03-17-2014, 02:24 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: OK, so the song list that is in the music hacking thread is taking into account that the ROM IS headered... So yeah you would want to do -200 to get to the right song address if you removed it. Damn header, I swear.

EDIT: And yeah, you can remove the header and add it back on and everything will still be peachy keen. Wink

Awesome! Thank you so much for yer help. Gonna head to bed soon so I'll test it out tmw. One last thing though. When look at the song in .mml format, how do you know where to put the loop at? Or do you do something in Anvil 1st?

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
What I do is in Anvil I put a highest octave C whole note at the exact point in the track where I want it to loop, and then erase all the notes after that point if there are any. Then I take out that high octave C when I'm setting up the mml file. This way you can time the loops perfectly. I show that in the video me taking out the high C at the end of the track/loop point. Then just put the $ jump command at the spot you want it to loop back to in the mml file.

Status
None
(03-17-2014, 02:31 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: What I do is in Anvil I put a highest octave C whole note at the exact point in the track where I want it to loop, and then erase all the notes after that point if there are any. Then I take out that high octave C when I'm setting up the mml file. This way you can time the loops perfectly. I show that in the video me taking out the high C at the end of the track/loop point. Then just put the $ jump command at the spot you want it to loop back to in the mml file.

That sounds like a really good idea. Not sure what a high octave C is though xD. Not note savvy. How do I put on in?

EDIT: And that's kinda what I mean. Your C note was at the end of the loop. I mean like songs that have a beginning but that beginning isn't part of the loop. How do I know ehre to start that loop at? Same way I suppose xD?

Find