Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Force boss battles at Colosseum?

Threads: 15
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 10
Status
None
Just curious if there is any way to use enemies listed after Tonberries in the Colosseum. I know this isn't normally doable, but would there be a way to do a special event battle, like what is done when you bet the Striker and face Shadow? I wanted to use the unused WOB Umaro and Colossus bosses for this purpose but couldn't find any resources on how "special" Colosseum battles are handled.

Thanks!

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Presumably you could do this through hex editing. The Colosseum list is somewhere in the code and it may just be a matter of manually changing monsters to ones after Tonberries in the list.

As far as making an event, it may not be too hard as long as you can find the space. I can try to check it out later when I get home from work, if someone else doesn't know exactly where the code is and find it for you before then.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ghost XIII for this post:
  • fedorajoe (03-03-2014)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
From what I understand, there's a battle event for the shadow battle (see formation 574). Also, it seems there is code added in bank C1 for that particular scenario (see C1/3C2A). What does the code mean? Sadly, I have no clue...
  Find

Threads: 15
Thanks Given: 10
Status
None
Well, there is just a single byte that determines which enemy appears, so the largest value you can enter is FF, which gives you Tonberries/Pugs. I don't really see a way to get beyond that unless you code a special battle like what is used in the Shadow fight. But, it doesn't seem like that portion of the code has been thoroughly explored.