Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Claude from GTA III updated

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Here's an update of Claude with Locke as a base top row of sprites finished, I am working on the custom fighting stance with a rifle. The hair was a complete gamble on my part and I think that it turned out good.

[Image: crumpledmedal-gta-claude.png]
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Edit: some poses are still jansen like the riding sprites... other than that shading can be a pain without 3 colors of brown... if u want you can always use the pupil color to mix in another color for shading... i like the jacket but i would also add custom poses... maybe claude with a gun or somethin to be more distinguished .. Smile ..

But what james said is right... Use black for his jacket and Locke for base... To make it better... Currently his pants have toomany extra pixels.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i really dont see the resemblance at all, jansen has a string of hair hanging down over his face whereas claude
[Image: imgshk.png]
as you can see the string of hair goes up instead of down, also in all pics iv found of him he is wearing a black jacket

nd other pics iv found of him the hair looks more elvis like then what i did for jansen, also i think its the wrong base to use as jansen wears robes which hang around his frame whereas claudes clothes are tighter on his, tbh ud be better off using locke as a base
also agree with badass that he needs guns/grenades nd gta weapons in his custom poses

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Runic
Hey, good comparo, man, you brought up some good points. Also I have the PC version and there is an alternative skin of him where he is wearing a brown jacket instead of a black one, that's what this sprite based off of. But I still like them both. Mind if I use some of the poses from your Jansen sprite for the new one I am gonna do? I like Jansen's hands-on-his-head casting pose for him. That's the only one I'll probably use. Thanx.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Wait, the main dude in GTAIII had a name?! I guess I was too tied up in smacking around prostitutes and shooting at the police to ever notice...

This should shape up to be a cool sprite though. =)

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Runic
Yeah, I wanna do a FF6 hack based on it. I'll be using some of the sprites on here to do it, the working title is Fighting Addiction.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
LMFAO

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Runic
As you can tell, its a working title.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
You can use the sprite man sure i dont mind Smile, was trying to be helpful tho it would work lots better with locke just copy how i made the hair but modify it slightly so you still have that large forehead (this is the only comparison i can see my sprite has to claude) but more elvis style hair, badass is again right about the bottom using more pixels then you need this is because part of his robes show over the legs which are different colors to his legs.. ah right iv not played the pc versioon but when i googled him the black jacket seem to be the most popular images of him so if u want to get him looking like claude id say it was a better way to go, your free to use any poses man Smile im glad iv added a bit to the pool of base characters to modify lol
Quote: Hey, good comparo, man, you brought up some good points. Also I have the
PC version and there is an alternative skin of him where he is wearing a
brown jacket instead of a black one, that's what this sprite based off
of. But I still like them both. Mind if I use some of the poses from
your Jansen sprite for the new one I am gonna do? I like Jansen's
hands-on-his-head casting pose for him. That's the only one I'll
probably use. Thanx.

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Runic
Here is my start on Claude with Locke as a base, though I'd like to give him a bit of depth on his frontward facing sprites with his shoulders, because he's got more depth than Locke has. I'm trying to decide on whether to use like a rifle or pistol with his custom pose. I have seen him fire a rifle in-game and it looks similar to Cyan's fighting stance. Also Setzer in his objectionaryObjection! pose would be good for a pistol(which probably would work better)
=======================================
Also need some input on the pallete at the moment.
Eye color?(Green or red?)
=======================================
Also how do you do custom poses? I always wanted to make some for myself but I do spriting in an on-again/off-again fashion and the thoughts and ideas are there, its just putting the idea in pixels if you know what I mean.

[Image: fuuuu.png]
  Find